Re: [FJGRailroad] Fonda Fair Display

  • Gerald Snyder
    Message 1 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
      Thanks folks for the kind words on the fair display.
      Have to give Gino credit too since I stole the
      chronologies and logo from his website and used his
      magnet designs to create the FJ&G RR Co. banner and a
      couple signs. As far as the ribbon goes, it was there
      when I got there Thursday morning, so I don't know who
      judged or what the criteria were, but looking through
      the building there were several on other booths also.
      Had several people stop and talk the three days I was
      there. Interesting mix that broke into two very
      distinct groups. One group had memories of the
      railroad, either riding or working on it, or at least
      seeing it and the various buildings. The other
      (younger) group had no idea that it had even been
      there, but live in or frequent places where it used to
      be and were amazed at what had been there (that
      viaduct was at Tribes Hill?, there was a station where
      the park is?).
      Jerry

      Yahoo! for Good
      Watch the Hurricane Katrina Shelter From The Storm concert
      http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/shelter
      Message 2 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
        Alright, I'm thinking about this now. I've always wanted to do a
        calendar
        For the FJ&G, why not now! I have plenty of photo's to make
        A calendar, just from my own collection. I'm going to look to make
        some.
        I will only charge what it costs me to make one and to ship it to you.
        I will
        Get a rough estimate for how much this will cost. If anyone is
        interested,
        Please send me an email so I can get a count!

        Gino

        fjgrailroad@...

        Message 3 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
          Gino,

          I'll take three.

          Mal Horton

          Dicarlo, Gino wrote:
          > That would be awesome, probably too much to print one though!
          >
          > Gino

          Visit Gino's Railpage at
          Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page http://www.lostlandmarks.org Visit
          Charles P. Woolever's Existing Railroad Stations in New York State at
          http://ny.existingstations.com/
          Yahoo! Groups Links

          Make a difference. Find and fund world-changing projects at GlobalGiving.
          http://us.click.yahoo.com/PcNrnD/PbOLAA/cosFAA/j2LplB/TM

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          Message 4 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
            Message
            Three?  Let me say this right now.  I've been searching around and figure it's going
            to cost me about $20 bucks a calendar.  Is $20 OK with the folks who want one?

          • choochoo1802@webtv.net
            Message 5 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
              Gino- Any discounts for the idea? Mark
              Message 6 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
                $20 Canadian! Are we talking cardstock Gino?

                Paul :-)

                Message 7 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
                  ... I encouraged him too!

                  Paul :-)

                  Message 8 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
                    What do you think Paul, 50% off? Mark
                    Message 9 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
                      No... Gino would probably just send us six month's worth!

                      Paul :-)

                      choochoo1802@... wrote:
                      > What do you think Paul, 50% off? Mark
                    • peter sefton
                      Message 10 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
                        Message

                        I’ll take 2

                        Message 11 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
                          Paul-Maybe I can get Jan thru June, you can get July thru Dec. Mark
                          Message 12 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
                            Sounds like a plan!

                            Paul :-)

                            choochoo1802@... wrote:
                            > Paul-Maybe I can get Jan thru June, you can get July thru Dec. Mark
                          • Richard Finn
                            Message 13 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
                              Hello again,

                              One for me, please.

                              Dick

                              Dicarlo, Gino wrote:
                              > That would be awesome, probably too much to print one though!
                              >
                              > Gino

                              Visit Gino's Railpage at
                              Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page http://www.lostlandmarks.org Visit
                              Charles P. Woolever's Existing Railroad Stations in New York State at
                              http://ny.existingstations.com/
                              Yahoo! Groups Links

                              Make a difference. Find and fund world-changing projects at GlobalGiving.
                              http://us.click.yahoo.com/PcNrnD/PbOLAA/cosFAA/j2LplB/TM

                                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                              Visit Gino's Railpage at
                              Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page
                              http://www.lostlandmarks.org
                              http://ny.existingstations.com/

                              Business finance ukBusiness finance courseBusiness finance online course
                              Business finance classSmall business financeBusiness finance schools

                              YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                            • Gerald Snyder
                              Message 14 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
                                Gino,
                                You can put me down for one. Would they be available
                                for the December show?
                                Jerry

                                --- Richard Finn <rafinn@...> wrote:

                                > Hello again,
                                >
                                > One for me, please.
                                >
                                > Dick
                                >
                                > On Sep 11, 2005, at 12:31 PM, Dicarlo, Gino wrote:
                                >
                                > > Three? Let me say this right now. I've been
                                > searching around and
                                > > figure it's going
                                > > to cost me about $20 bucks a calendar. Is $20 OK
                                > with the folks
                                > > who want one?
                                > >
                                > > Gino

                              • Dave Brennan

                                  http://mail.yahoo.com

                                  Message 16 of 25 , Sep 12, 2005
                                    Sorry Paul, 30 Canadian! It will be on Card stock!

                                    Message 17 of 25 , Sep 12, 2005
                                      ...30 Canadian, eh! You have mail at fjgrailroad@...... an offer
                                      you could refuse!

                                      Paul :-)

                                      Dicarlo, Gino wrote:
                                      > Sorry Paul, 30 Canadian! It will be on Card stock!
                                      >
                                      > Gino
                                    • stevefjg30
                                      Message 18 of 25 , Sep 13, 2005
                                        Gino you know I would love one. I'm in!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                        Steve Lamora

                                        <Gino.Dicarlo@q...> wrote:
                                        > Sorry Paul, 30 Canadian! It will be on Card stock!
                                        >
                                        > Gino

                                      • Rogers Finch
                                        Message 19 of 25 , Sep 17, 2005
                                          Gino

                                          I'll take 2. You might want to check with Gordie Cornell about calendars, He is working on one for Broadalbin and showed me one that has been put together for Mayfield. Looks very nice,

                                          Rogers Finch