RE: [FJGRailroad] Fonda Fair Display

    Message 1 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
      That would be awesome, probably too much to print one though!

      Message 2 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
        No, no, print two, I'd like one too! Really, this isn't such a bad
        idea. When I was drawing 'Virtual FJ&G' there was some really great
        shots you posted for me, black and white, and color. Shots like the
        RS-3 coming out of the fog, or number 20 looking so small beside the
        huge smokes stack at one of the plants would make great calendar shots.
        Throw in a couple of steam and trolley shots and cover FJ&G for all
        time.

        I know Gino works in the printing industry but... there is a significant
        cost to print these things... maybe getting the Gloversville
        Leader-Herald involved may help defray the printing costs. There are
        also other railroad historical societies printing calendars, maybe
        contacting some of them would reveal where and who funds their calendars.

        Just a thought from the Great White North!

        Paul :-)

        Dicarlo, Gino wrote:
        > That would be awesome, probably too much to print one though!
        >
        > Gino
      • Gerald Snyder
        Message 3 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
          Thanks folks for the kind words on the fair display.
          Have to give Gino credit too since I stole the
          chronologies and logo from his website and used his
          magnet designs to create the FJ&G RR Co. banner and a
          couple signs. As far as the ribbon goes, it was there
          when I got there Thursday morning, so I don't know who
          judged or what the criteria were, but looking through
          the building there were several on other booths also.
          Had several people stop and talk the three days I was
          there. Interesting mix that broke into two very
          distinct groups. One group had memories of the
          railroad, either riding or working on it, or at least
          seeing it and the various buildings. The other
          (younger) group had no idea that it had even been
          there, but live in or frequent places where it used to
          be and were amazed at what had been there (that
          viaduct was at Tribes Hill?, there was a station where
          the park is?).
          Jerry

          Yahoo! for Good
          Watch the Hurricane Katrina Shelter From The Storm concert
          http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/shelter
          Message 4 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
            Alright, I'm thinking about this now. I've always wanted to do a
            calendar
            For the FJ&G, why not now! I have plenty of photo's to make
            A calendar, just from my own collection. I'm going to look to make
            some.
            I will only charge what it costs me to make one and to ship it to you.
            I will
            Get a rough estimate for how much this will cost. If anyone is
            interested,
            Please send me an email so I can get a count!

            Gino

            fjgrailroad@...

            Dicarlo, Gino wrote:
            > That would be awesome, probably too much to print one though!
            >
            > Gino

            Visit Gino's Railpage at
            Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page http://www.lostlandmarks.org Visit
            Charles P. Woolever's Existing Railroad Stations in New York State at
            http://ny.existingstations.com/
            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • Malcolm Horton
            Message 5 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
              Gino,

              I'll take three.

              Mal Horton

              Dicarlo, Gino wrote:
              > That would be awesome, probably too much to print one though!
              >
              > Gino

              Visit Gino's Railpage at
              Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page http://www.lostlandmarks.org Visit
              Charles P. Woolever's Existing Railroad Stations in New York State at
              http://ny.existingstations.com/
              Yahoo! Groups Links

              Make a difference. Find and fund world-changing projects at GlobalGiving.
              http://us.click.yahoo.com/PcNrnD/PbOLAA/cosFAA/j2LplB/TM

                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              Message 6 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
                Message
                Three?  Let me say this right now.  I've been searching around and figure it's going
                to cost me about $20 bucks a calendar.  Is $20 OK with the folks who want one?

              • choochoo1802@webtv.net
                Message 7 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
                  Gino- Any discounts for the idea? Mark
                  Message 8 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
                    $20 Canadian! Are we talking cardstock Gino?

                    Paul :-)

                    Message 9 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
                      ... I encouraged him too!

                      Paul :-)

                      Message 10 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
                        What do you think Paul, 50% off? Mark
                        Message 11 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
                          No... Gino would probably just send us six month's worth!

                          Paul :-)

                          choochoo1802@... wrote:
                          > What do you think Paul, 50% off? Mark
                        • peter sefton
                          Message 12 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
                            Message

                            I’ll take 2

                            Message 13 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
                              Paul-Maybe I can get Jan thru June, you can get July thru Dec. Mark
                              Message 14 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
                                Sounds like a plan!

                                Paul :-)

                                choochoo1802@... wrote:
                                > Paul-Maybe I can get Jan thru June, you can get July thru Dec. Mark
                              • Richard Finn
                                Message 15 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
                                  Hello again,

                                  One for me, please.

                                  Dick

                                  Dicarlo, Gino wrote:
                                  > That would be awesome, probably too much to print one though!
                                  >
                                  > Gino

                                  Visit Gino's Railpage at
                                  Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page http://www.lostlandmarks.org Visit
                                  Charles P. Woolever's Existing Railroad Stations in New York State at
                                  http://ny.existingstations.com/
                                  Yahoo! Groups Links

                                  Make a difference. Find and fund world-changing projects at GlobalGiving.
                                  http://us.click.yahoo.com/PcNrnD/PbOLAA/cosFAA/j2LplB/TM

                                      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                                  Visit Gino's Railpage at
                                  Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page
                                  http://www.lostlandmarks.org
                                  http://ny.existingstations.com/

                                  Business finance ukBusiness finance courseBusiness finance online course
                                  Business finance classSmall business financeBusiness finance schools

                                  YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                                • Gerald Snyder
                                  Message 16 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
                                    Gino,
                                    You can put me down for one. Would they be available
                                    for the December show?
                                    Jerry

                                    --- Richard Finn <rafinn@...> wrote:

                                    > Hello again,
                                    >
                                    > One for me, please.
                                    >
                                    > Dick
                                    >
                                    > On Sep 11, 2005, at 12:31 PM, Dicarlo, Gino wrote:
                                    >
                                    > > Three? Let me say this right now. I've been
                                    > searching around and
                                    > > figure it's going
                                    > > to cost me about $20 bucks a calendar. Is $20 OK
                                    > with the folks
                                    > > who want one?
                                    > >
                                    > > Gino

                                  • Dave Brennan

                                      http://mail.yahoo.com

                                      Message 18 of 25 , Sep 12, 2005
                                        Sorry Paul, 30 Canadian! It will be on Card stock!

                                        Message 19 of 25 , Sep 12, 2005
                                          ...30 Canadian, eh! You have mail at fjgrailroad@...... an offer
                                          you could refuse!

                                          Paul :-)

                                          Dicarlo, Gino wrote:
                                          > Sorry Paul, 30 Canadian! It will be on Card stock!
                                          >
                                          > Gino
                                        • stevefjg30
                                          Message 20 of 25 , Sep 13, 2005
                                            Gino you know I would love one. I'm in!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                            Steve Lamora

                                            <Gino.Dicarlo@q...> wrote:
                                            > Sorry Paul, 30 Canadian! It will be on Card stock!
                                            >
                                            > Gino

                                          • Rogers Finch
                                            Message 21 of 25 , Sep 17, 2005

                                              I'll take 2. You might want to check with Gordie Cornell about calendars, He is working on one for Broadalbin and showed me one that has been put together for Mayfield. Looks very nice,

                                              Rogers Finch