Re: [FJGRailroad] Fonda Fair Display

    Message 1 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
      Wow Jerry, I didn't realize you won the blue ribbon!!!

      Gino

      On 9/10/05, Richard Finn <rafinn@...> wrote:
      Jerry,

      Fantastic!  Good for you.

      Dick

      On Sep 10, 2005, at 7:00 AM, charlesvosburgh wrote:

      > Congratulations To Jerry on a very fine display at the Fonda Fair.  I
      > was there on Sunday and was very impressed with all the material you
      > had to share with the fair visitors.  Sorry I missed you as I went
      > through that building in the morning. Winning a Blue Ribbon was well
      > deserved. Great job Jerry.  Charlie

      Visit Gino's Railpage at
      Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page
      http://www.lostlandmarks.org
      http://ny.existingstations.com/

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      --
      www.ginosrailpage.com
      www.fjgrr.org
      Message 2 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
        Gino ( or anyone else)- With all the FJG pictures you guys have,have you
        ever considered making a 2006 calander with your best 12 shots? I bet
        they would sell like hot cakes in the Fulton & Montgomery counties area.
        Mark
        Message 3 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
          That would be awesome, probably too much to print one though!

          Message 4 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
            No, no, print two, I'd like one too! Really, this isn't such a bad
            idea. When I was drawing 'Virtual FJ&G' there was some really great
            shots you posted for me, black and white, and color. Shots like the
            RS-3 coming out of the fog, or number 20 looking so small beside the
            huge smokes stack at one of the plants would make great calendar shots.
            Throw in a couple of steam and trolley shots and cover FJ&G for all
            time.

            I know Gino works in the printing industry but... there is a significant
            cost to print these things... maybe getting the Gloversville
            Leader-Herald involved may help defray the printing costs. There are
            also other railroad historical societies printing calendars, maybe
            contacting some of them would reveal where and who funds their calendars.

            Just a thought from the Great White North!

            Paul :-)

            Dicarlo, Gino wrote:
            > That would be awesome, probably too much to print one though!
            >
            > Gino
          • Gerald Snyder
            Message 5 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
              Thanks folks for the kind words on the fair display.
              Have to give Gino credit too since I stole the
              chronologies and logo from his website and used his
              magnet designs to create the FJ&G RR Co. banner and a
              couple signs. As far as the ribbon goes, it was there
              when I got there Thursday morning, so I don't know who
              judged or what the criteria were, but looking through
              the building there were several on other booths also.
              Had several people stop and talk the three days I was
              there. Interesting mix that broke into two very
              distinct groups. One group had memories of the
              railroad, either riding or working on it, or at least
              seeing it and the various buildings. The other
              (younger) group had no idea that it had even been
              there, but live in or frequent places where it used to
              be and were amazed at what had been there (that
              viaduct was at Tribes Hill?, there was a station where
              the park is?).
              Jerry

              Yahoo! for Good
              Watch the Hurricane Katrina Shelter From The Storm concert
              http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/shelter
              Message 6 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
                Alright, I'm thinking about this now. I've always wanted to do a
                calendar
                For the FJ&G, why not now! I have plenty of photo's to make
                A calendar, just from my own collection. I'm going to look to make
                some.
                I will only charge what it costs me to make one and to ship it to you.
                I will
                Get a rough estimate for how much this will cost. If anyone is
                interested,
                Please send me an email so I can get a count!

                Gino

                fjgrailroad@...

                Dicarlo, Gino wrote:
                > That would be awesome, probably too much to print one though!
                >
                > Gino

                Visit Gino's Railpage at
                Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page http://www.lostlandmarks.org Visit
                Charles P. Woolever's Existing Railroad Stations in New York State at
                http://ny.existingstations.com/
                Yahoo! Groups Links
              • Malcolm Horton
                Message 7 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
                  Gino,

                  I'll take three.

                  Mal Horton

                  Dicarlo, Gino wrote:
                  > That would be awesome, probably too much to print one though!
                  >
                  > Gino

                  Visit Gino's Railpage at
                  Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page http://www.lostlandmarks.org Visit
                  Charles P. Woolever's Existing Railroad Stations in New York State at
                  http://ny.existingstations.com/
                  Yahoo! Groups Links

                  Make a difference. Find and fund world-changing projects at GlobalGiving.
                  http://us.click.yahoo.com/PcNrnD/PbOLAA/cosFAA/j2LplB/TM

                      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                  Message 8 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
                    Message
                    Three?  Let me say this right now.  I've been searching around and figure it's going
                    to cost me about $20 bucks a calendar.  Is $20 OK with the folks who want one?

                    Message 9 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
                      Gino- Any discounts for the idea? Mark
                      Message 10 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
                        $20 Canadian! Are we talking cardstock Gino?

                        Paul :-)

                        Message 11 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
                          ... I encouraged him too!

                          Paul :-)

                          Message 12 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
                            What do you think Paul, 50% off? Mark
                            Message 13 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
                              No... Gino would probably just send us six month's worth!

                              Paul :-)

                              choochoo1802@... wrote:
                              > What do you think Paul, 50% off? Mark
                            • peter sefton
                              Message 14 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
                                Message

                                I’ll take 2

                                Message 15 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
                                  Paul-Maybe I can get Jan thru June, you can get July thru Dec. Mark
                                  Message 16 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
                                    Sounds like a plan!

                                    Paul :-)

                                    choochoo1802@... wrote:
                                    > Paul-Maybe I can get Jan thru June, you can get July thru Dec. Mark
                                  • Richard Finn
                                    Message 17 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
                                      Hello again,

                                      One for me, please.

                                      Dick

                                      Dicarlo, Gino wrote:
                                      > That would be awesome, probably too much to print one though!
                                      >
                                      > Gino

                                      Visit Gino's Railpage at
                                      Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page http://www.lostlandmarks.org Visit
                                      Charles P. Woolever's Existing Railroad Stations in New York State at
                                      http://ny.existingstations.com/
                                      Yahoo! Groups Links

                                      Make a difference. Find and fund world-changing projects at GlobalGiving.
                                      http://us.click.yahoo.com/PcNrnD/PbOLAA/cosFAA/j2LplB/TM

                                          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                                      Visit Gino's Railpage at
                                      Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page
                                      http://www.lostlandmarks.org
                                      http://ny.existingstations.com/

                                      Business finance ukBusiness finance courseBusiness finance online course
                                      Business finance classSmall business financeBusiness finance schools

                                      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                                    • Gerald Snyder
                                      Message 18 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
                                        Gino,
                                        You can put me down for one. Would they be available
                                        for the December show?
                                        Jerry

                                        --- Richard Finn <rafinn@...> wrote:

                                        > Hello again,
                                        >
                                        > One for me, please.
                                        >
                                        > Dick
                                        >
                                        > On Sep 11, 2005, at 12:31 PM, Dicarlo, Gino wrote:
                                        >
                                        > > Three? Let me say this right now. I've been
                                        > searching around and
                                        > > figure it's going
                                        > > to cost me about $20 bucks a calendar. Is $20 OK
                                        > with the folks
                                        > > who want one?
                                        > >
                                        > > Gino

                                      • Dave Brennan

                                          http://mail.yahoo.com

                                          Message 20 of 25 , Sep 12, 2005
                                            Sorry Paul, 30 Canadian! It will be on Card stock!

                                            Message 21 of 25 , Sep 12, 2005
                                              ...30 Canadian, eh! You have mail at fjgrailroad@...... an offer
                                              you could refuse!

                                              Paul :-)

                                              Dicarlo, Gino wrote:
                                              > Sorry Paul, 30 Canadian! It will be on Card stock!
                                              >
                                              > Gino
                                            • stevefjg30
                                              Message 22 of 25 , Sep 13, 2005
                                                Gino you know I would love one. I'm in!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                                Steve Lamora

                                                <Gino.Dicarlo@q...> wrote:
                                                > Sorry Paul, 30 Canadian! It will be on Card stock!
                                                >
                                                > Gino

                                              • Rogers Finch
                                                Message 23 of 25 , Sep 17, 2005
                                                  Gino

                                                  I'll take 2. You might want to check with Gordie Cornell about calendars, He is working on one for Broadalbin and showed me one that has been put together for Mayfield. Looks very nice,

                                                  Rogers Finch