Re: [FJGRailroad] Fonda Fair Display

  • Richard Finn
    Message 1 of 25 , Sep 10, 2005
      Jerry,

      Fantastic! Good for you.

      Dick

      Message 2 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
        Wow Jerry, I didn't realize you won the blue ribbon!!!

        Gino

        On 9/10/05, Richard Finn <rafinn@...> wrote:
        Jerry,

        Fantastic!  Good for you.

        Dick

        On Sep 10, 2005, at 7:00 AM, charlesvosburgh wrote:

        > Congratulations To Jerry on a very fine display at the Fonda Fair.  I
        > was there on Sunday and was very impressed with all the material you
        > had to share with the fair visitors.  Sorry I missed you as I went
        > through that building in the morning. Winning a Blue Ribbon was well
        > deserved. Great job Jerry.  Charlie

        Visit Gino's Railpage at
        Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page
        http://www.lostlandmarks.org
        http://ny.existingstations.com/

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        --
        www.ginosrailpage.com
        www.fjgrr.org
        Message 3 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
          Gino ( or anyone else)- With all the FJG pictures you guys have,have you
          ever considered making a 2006 calander with your best 12 shots? I bet
          they would sell like hot cakes in the Fulton & Montgomery counties area.
          Mark
          Message 4 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
            That would be awesome, probably too much to print one though!

            Message 5 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
              No, no, print two, I'd like one too! Really, this isn't such a bad
              idea. When I was drawing 'Virtual FJ&G' there was some really great
              shots you posted for me, black and white, and color. Shots like the
              RS-3 coming out of the fog, or number 20 looking so small beside the
              huge smokes stack at one of the plants would make great calendar shots.
              Throw in a couple of steam and trolley shots and cover FJ&G for all
              time.

              I know Gino works in the printing industry but... there is a significant
              cost to print these things... maybe getting the Gloversville
              Leader-Herald involved may help defray the printing costs. There are
              also other railroad historical societies printing calendars, maybe
              contacting some of them would reveal where and who funds their calendars.

              Just a thought from the Great White North!

              Paul :-)

              Dicarlo, Gino wrote:
              > That would be awesome, probably too much to print one though!
              >
              > Gino
            • Gerald Snyder
              Message 6 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
                Thanks folks for the kind words on the fair display.
                Have to give Gino credit too since I stole the
                chronologies and logo from his website and used his
                magnet designs to create the FJ&G RR Co. banner and a
                couple signs. As far as the ribbon goes, it was there
                when I got there Thursday morning, so I don't know who
                judged or what the criteria were, but looking through
                the building there were several on other booths also.
                Had several people stop and talk the three days I was
                there. Interesting mix that broke into two very
                distinct groups. One group had memories of the
                railroad, either riding or working on it, or at least
                seeing it and the various buildings. The other
                (younger) group had no idea that it had even been
                there, but live in or frequent places where it used to
                be and were amazed at what had been there (that
                viaduct was at Tribes Hill?, there was a station where
                the park is?).
                Jerry

                Yahoo! for Good
                Watch the Hurricane Katrina Shelter From The Storm concert
                http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/shelter
                Message 7 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
                  Alright, I'm thinking about this now. I've always wanted to do a
                  calendar
                  For the FJ&G, why not now! I have plenty of photo's to make
                  A calendar, just from my own collection. I'm going to look to make
                  some.
                  I will only charge what it costs me to make one and to ship it to you.
                  I will
                  Get a rough estimate for how much this will cost. If anyone is
                  interested,
                  Please send me an email so I can get a count!

                  Gino

                  fjgrailroad@...

                  Dicarlo, Gino wrote:
                  > That would be awesome, probably too much to print one though!
                  >
                  > Gino

                  Visit Gino's Railpage at
                  Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page http://www.lostlandmarks.org Visit
                  Charles P. Woolever's Existing Railroad Stations in New York State at
                  http://ny.existingstations.com/
                  Yahoo! Groups Links
                • Malcolm Horton
                  Message 8 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
                    Gino,

                    I'll take three.

                    Mal Horton

                    Dicarlo, Gino wrote:
                    > That would be awesome, probably too much to print one though!
                    >
                    > Gino

                    Visit Gino's Railpage at
                    Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page http://www.lostlandmarks.org Visit
                    Charles P. Woolever's Existing Railroad Stations in New York State at
                    http://ny.existingstations.com/
                    Yahoo! Groups Links

                    Make a difference. Find and fund world-changing projects at GlobalGiving.
                    http://us.click.yahoo.com/PcNrnD/PbOLAA/cosFAA/j2LplB/TM

                        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                    Message 9 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
                      Message
                      Three?  Let me say this right now.  I've been searching around and figure it's going
                      to cost me about $20 bucks a calendar.  Is $20 OK with the folks who want one?

                      Message 10 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
                        Gino- Any discounts for the idea? Mark
                        Message 11 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
                          $20 Canadian! Are we talking cardstock Gino?

                          Paul :-)

                          Message 12 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
                            ... I encouraged him too!

                            Paul :-)

                            Message 13 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
                              What do you think Paul, 50% off? Mark
                              Message 14 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
                                No... Gino would probably just send us six month's worth!

                                Paul :-)

                                choochoo1802@... wrote:
                                > What do you think Paul, 50% off? Mark
                              • peter sefton
                                Message 15 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
                                  Message

                                  I’ll take 2

                                  Message 16 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
                                    Paul-Maybe I can get Jan thru June, you can get July thru Dec. Mark
                                    Message 17 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
                                      Sounds like a plan!

                                      Paul :-)

                                      Message 18 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
                                        Hello again,

                                        One for me, please.

                                        Dick

                                        Dicarlo, Gino wrote:
                                        > That would be awesome, probably too much to print one though!
                                        >
                                        > Gino

                                        Visit Gino's Railpage at
                                        Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page http://www.lostlandmarks.org Visit
                                        Charles P. Woolever's Existing Railroad Stations in New York State at
                                        http://ny.existingstations.com/
                                        Yahoo! Groups Links

                                        Make a difference. Find and fund world-changing projects at GlobalGiving.
                                        http://us.click.yahoo.com/PcNrnD/PbOLAA/cosFAA/j2LplB/TM

                                            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                                        Visit Gino's Railpage at
                                        Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page
                                        http://www.lostlandmarks.org
                                        http://ny.existingstations.com/

                                        Business finance ukBusiness finance courseBusiness finance online course
                                        Business finance classSmall business financeBusiness finance schools

                                        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                                      • Gerald Snyder
                                        Message 19 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
                                          Gino,
                                          You can put me down for one. Would they be available
                                          for the December show?
                                          Jerry

                                          --- Richard Finn <rafinn@...> wrote:

                                          > Hello again,
                                          >
                                          > One for me, please.
                                          >
                                          > Dick
                                          >
                                          > On Sep 11, 2005, at 12:31 PM, Dicarlo, Gino wrote:
                                          >
                                          > > Three? Let me say this right now. I've been
                                          > searching around and
                                          > > figure it's going
                                          > > to cost me about $20 bucks a calendar. Is $20 OK
                                          > with the folks
                                          > > who want one?
                                          > >
                                          > > Gino

                                        • Dave Brennan

                                            http://mail.yahoo.com

                                            Message 21 of 25 , Sep 12, 2005
                                              Sorry Paul, 30 Canadian! It will be on Card stock!

                                              Message 22 of 25 , Sep 12, 2005
                                                ...30 Canadian, eh! You have mail at fjgrailroad@...... an offer
                                                you could refuse!

                                                Paul :-)

                                                Dicarlo, Gino wrote:
                                                > Sorry Paul, 30 Canadian! It will be on Card stock!
                                                >
                                                > Gino
                                              • stevefjg30
                                                Message 23 of 25 , Sep 13, 2005
                                                  Gino you know I would love one. I'm in!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                                  Steve Lamora

                                                  <Gino.Dicarlo@q...> wrote:
                                                  > Sorry Paul, 30 Canadian! It will be on Card stock!
                                                  >
                                                  > Gino

                                                • Rogers Finch
                                                  Message 24 of 25 , Sep 17, 2005

                                                    I'll take 2. You might want to check with Gordie Cornell about calendars, He is working on one for Broadalbin and showed me one that has been put together for Mayfield. Looks very nice,

                                                    Rogers Finch