Fonda Fair Display

  • charlesvosburgh
    Message 1 of 25 , Sep 10, 2005
      Congratulations To Jerry on a very fine display at the Fonda Fair. I
      was there on Sunday and was very impressed with all the material you
      had to share with the fair visitors. Sorry I missed you as I went
      through that building in the morning. Winning a Blue Ribbon was well
      deserved. Great job Jerry. Charlie
    • Richard Finn
      Message 2 of 25 , Sep 10, 2005
        Jerry,

        Fantastic! Good for you.

        Dick

        Message 3 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
          Wow Jerry, I didn't realize you won the blue ribbon!!!

          Gino

          On 9/10/05, Richard Finn <rafinn@...> wrote:
          Jerry,

          Fantastic!  Good for you.

          Dick

          On Sep 10, 2005, at 7:00 AM, charlesvosburgh wrote:

          > Congratulations To Jerry on a very fine display at the Fonda Fair.  I
          > was there on Sunday and was very impressed with all the material you
          > had to share with the fair visitors.  Sorry I missed you as I went
          > through that building in the morning. Winning a Blue Ribbon was well
          > deserved. Great job Jerry.  Charlie

          Visit Gino's Railpage at
          Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page
          http://www.lostlandmarks.org
          http://ny.existingstations.com/

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          --
          www.ginosrailpage.com
          www.fjgrr.org
          Message 4 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
            Gino ( or anyone else)- With all the FJG pictures you guys have,have you
            ever considered making a 2006 calander with your best 12 shots? I bet
            they would sell like hot cakes in the Fulton & Montgomery counties area.
            Mark
            Message 5 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
              That would be awesome, probably too much to print one though!

              Message 6 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
                No, no, print two, I'd like one too! Really, this isn't such a bad
                idea. When I was drawing 'Virtual FJ&G' there was some really great
                shots you posted for me, black and white, and color. Shots like the
                RS-3 coming out of the fog, or number 20 looking so small beside the
                huge smokes stack at one of the plants would make great calendar shots.
                Throw in a couple of steam and trolley shots and cover FJ&G for all
                time.

                I know Gino works in the printing industry but... there is a significant
                cost to print these things... maybe getting the Gloversville
                Leader-Herald involved may help defray the printing costs. There are
                also other railroad historical societies printing calendars, maybe
                contacting some of them would reveal where and who funds their calendars.

                Just a thought from the Great White North!

                Paul :-)

                Dicarlo, Gino wrote:
                > That would be awesome, probably too much to print one though!
                >
                > Gino
              • Gerald Snyder
                Message 7 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
                  Thanks folks for the kind words on the fair display.
                  Have to give Gino credit too since I stole the
                  chronologies and logo from his website and used his
                  magnet designs to create the FJ&G RR Co. banner and a
                  couple signs. As far as the ribbon goes, it was there
                  when I got there Thursday morning, so I don't know who
                  judged or what the criteria were, but looking through
                  the building there were several on other booths also.
                  Had several people stop and talk the three days I was
                  there. Interesting mix that broke into two very
                  distinct groups. One group had memories of the
                  railroad, either riding or working on it, or at least
                  seeing it and the various buildings. The other
                  (younger) group had no idea that it had even been
                  there, but live in or frequent places where it used to
                  be and were amazed at what had been there (that
                  viaduct was at Tribes Hill?, there was a station where
                  the park is?).
                  Jerry

                  Yahoo! for Good
                  Watch the Hurricane Katrina Shelter From The Storm concert
                  http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/shelter
                  Message 8 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
                    Alright, I'm thinking about this now. I've always wanted to do a
                    calendar
                    For the FJ&G, why not now! I have plenty of photo's to make
                    A calendar, just from my own collection. I'm going to look to make
                    some.
                    I will only charge what it costs me to make one and to ship it to you.
                    I will
                    Get a rough estimate for how much this will cost. If anyone is
                    interested,
                    Please send me an email so I can get a count!

                    Gino

                    fjgrailroad@...

                    Dicarlo, Gino wrote:
                    > That would be awesome, probably too much to print one though!
                    >
                    > Gino

                    Visit Gino's Railpage at
                    Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page http://www.lostlandmarks.org Visit
                    Charles P. Woolever's Existing Railroad Stations in New York State at
                    http://ny.existingstations.com/
                    Yahoo! Groups Links
                  • Malcolm Horton
                    Message 9 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
                      Gino,

                      I'll take three.

                      Mal Horton

                      Dicarlo, Gino wrote:
                      > That would be awesome, probably too much to print one though!
                      >
                      > Gino

                      Visit Gino's Railpage at
                      Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page http://www.lostlandmarks.org Visit
                      Charles P. Woolever's Existing Railroad Stations in New York State at
                      http://ny.existingstations.com/
                      Yahoo! Groups Links

                      Make a difference. Find and fund world-changing projects at GlobalGiving.
                      http://us.click.yahoo.com/PcNrnD/PbOLAA/cosFAA/j2LplB/TM

                          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                      Message 10 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
                        Message
                        Three?  Let me say this right now.  I've been searching around and figure it's going
                        to cost me about $20 bucks a calendar.  Is $20 OK with the folks who want one?

                        Message 11 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
                          Gino- Any discounts for the idea? Mark
                          Message 12 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
                            $20 Canadian! Are we talking cardstock Gino?

                            Paul :-)

                            Message 13 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
                              ... I encouraged him too!

                              Paul :-)

                              Message 14 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
                                What do you think Paul, 50% off? Mark
                                Message 15 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
                                  No... Gino would probably just send us six month's worth!

                                  Paul :-)

                                  choochoo1802@... wrote:
                                  > What do you think Paul, 50% off? Mark
                                • peter sefton
                                  Message 16 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
                                    Message

                                    I’ll take 2

                                    Message 17 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
                                      Paul-Maybe I can get Jan thru June, you can get July thru Dec. Mark
                                      Message 18 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
                                        Sounds like a plan!

                                        Paul :-)

                                        Message 19 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
                                          Hello again,

                                          One for me, please.

                                          Dick

                                          Dicarlo, Gino wrote:
                                          > That would be awesome, probably too much to print one though!
                                          >
                                          > Gino

                                          Visit Gino's Railpage at
                                          Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page http://www.lostlandmarks.org Visit
                                          Charles P. Woolever's Existing Railroad Stations in New York State at
                                          http://ny.existingstations.com/
                                          Yahoo! Groups Links

                                          Make a difference. Find and fund world-changing projects at GlobalGiving.
                                          http://us.click.yahoo.com/PcNrnD/PbOLAA/cosFAA/j2LplB/TM

                                              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                                          Visit Gino's Railpage at
                                          Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page
                                          http://www.lostlandmarks.org
                                          http://ny.existingstations.com/

                                          Business finance ukBusiness finance courseBusiness finance online course
                                          Business finance classSmall business financeBusiness finance schools

                                          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                                        • Gerald Snyder
                                          Message 20 of 25 , Sep 11, 2005
                                            Gino,
                                            You can put me down for one. Would they be available
                                            for the December show?
                                            Jerry

                                            --- Richard Finn <rafinn@...> wrote:

                                            > Hello again,
                                            >
                                            > One for me, please.
                                            >
                                            > Dick
                                            >
                                            > On Sep 11, 2005, at 12:31 PM, Dicarlo, Gino wrote:
                                            >
                                            > > Three? Let me say this right now. I've been
                                            > searching around and
                                            > > figure it's going
                                            > > to cost me about $20 bucks a calendar. Is $20 OK
                                            > with the folks
                                            > > who want one?
                                            > >
                                            > > Gino

                                          • Dave Brennan

                                              http://mail.yahoo.com

                                              Message 22 of 25 , Sep 12, 2005
                                                Sorry Paul, 30 Canadian! It will be on Card stock!

                                                Message 23 of 25 , Sep 12, 2005
                                                  ...30 Canadian, eh! You have mail at fjgrailroad@...... an offer
                                                  you could refuse!

                                                  Paul :-)

                                                  Dicarlo, Gino wrote:
                                                  > Sorry Paul, 30 Canadian! It will be on Card stock!
                                                  >
                                                  > Gino
                                                • stevefjg30
                                                  Message 24 of 25 , Sep 13, 2005
                                                    Gino you know I would love one. I'm in!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                                    Steve Lamora

                                                    <Gino.Dicarlo@q...> wrote:
                                                    > Sorry Paul, 30 Canadian! It will be on Card stock!
                                                    >
                                                    > Gino

                                                  • Rogers Finch
                                                    Message 25 of 25 , Sep 17, 2005

                                                      I'll take 2. You might want to check with Gordie Cornell about calendars, He is working on one for Broadalbin and showed me one that has been put together for Mayfield. Looks very nice,

                                                      Rogers Finch