Re: Get Together 2005

  • stevefjg30
    Message 1 of 24 , Aug 11, 2005
      I agree with Gino> I think we should try something new next year. I
      had a great time.Every year I seem to be sick whenever we have the
      get together.Maybe next year I'll start taking cold meds two weeks
      before the get together.

      Steve L

      GRailroad@yahoogroups.com, Gino's Railpage <fjgrailroad@g...> wrote:
      > Maybe it was just my end of the table. My food wasn't very good
      and I mentioned
      > that my wife was slightly sick. Steve and his wife weren't very
      happy
      > either. Yes,
      > I used to work with the waitress and she was just as bossy there
      too.
      > Don't get me
      > wrong, we've had some great dinners at the RailYard, Rich Finn
      wrote me to say
      > his meal was wonderful, I was just wondering if there was another
      > place we can try.
      > I know how much you like it and you're more than welcome to remain
      there every
      > August. Just don't put me on the guest list next year!
      >
      > Gino
      >
      > On 8/11/05, paul larner <pklarner@h...> wrote:
      > > Ginno, weren't you at the same restaurant Sally and I ate?
      Anyone else
      > > unhappy withe the food or service. The waitress was a former
      acquaintance
      > > of Gino's.
      > >
      > > PKL
      > >

      > > >From: Gino's Railpage <fjgrailroad@g...>
      > > >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
      > > >Subject: [FJGRailroad] Get Together 2005
      > > >Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 10:45:08 -0400
      > >

      > > >Hi guys,
      > > >
      > > >We had a good time at this year's get-together. Sorry we
      missed you.
      > > >If you wanted to learn the history of the FJ&G, Paul's
      PowerPoint
      > > >presentation on the line was a good place to start. Keep your
      > > >calendars open for next year. The early plan is to charter a
      bus and
      > > >travel all of the FJ&G's bus routes. I don't know about you
      guys, but
      > > >it sounds like a great time to me. Also, we need to plan in
      advance
      > > >our dinner plans. I for one am not going back to The Rail
      Yard. That
      > > >is the one place that was a minus on our festivities. Poor
      service,
      > > >poor food. I won't even tell you what the food did to my wife!
      > > >Perhaps Crystal Bar in Amsterdam? Raindancer?
      > > >I can't think of a nice place anywhere in Johnstown or
      Gloversville to
      > > >accommodate us. Any suggestions?
      > > >
      > > >We can think about it in the upcoming months...
      > > >
      > > >Gino
      > > >
      > > >--
      > > >www.ginosrailpage.com
      > > >www.fjgrr.org
      > >

      > > Visit Gino's Railpage at
      > > http://www.lostlandmarks.org
      > > Visit Charles P. Woolever's Existing Railroad Stations in New
      York State at
      > > http://ny.existingstations.com/

      Service.