Re: [FJGRailroad] Get Together 2005

  • Richard Finn
    Message 1 of 24 , Aug 11, 2005
      Good morning, all

      The only disappointment Sandy and I had was that they couldn't find
      enough clams to get us a bucket of steamers. We had them last year,
      and they were the best we have ever had. That is a pretty good
      compliment from coastal folk. Otherwise we were pleased.

      Most clams were environmentally polluted this spring from a shore
      condition called.....THE RED TIDE!.

      Dick

      On Aug 11, 2005, at 12:12 AM, paul larner wrote:

      > Ginno, weren't you at the same restaurant Sally and I ate? Anyone
      > else
      > unhappy withe the food or service. The waitress was a former
      > acquaintance
      > of Gino's.
      >
      > PKL

    • Richard Finn
      Message 2 of 24 , Aug 11, 2005
        "Time heals every wound"
        or, is it
        "Time wounds every heel"?

        Dick

        On Aug 11, 2005, at 3:17 AM, Gino's Railpage wrote:

        > Maybe it was just my end of the table. My food wasn't very good
        > and I mentioned
        > that my wife was slightly sick. Steve and his wife weren't very happy
        > either. Yes,
        > I used to work with the waitress and she was just as bossy there too.
        > Don't get me
        > wrong, we've had some great dinners at the RailYard, Rich Finn
        > wrote me to say
        > his meal was wonderful, I was just wondering if there was another
        > place we can try.
        > I know how much you like it and you're more than welcome to remain
        > there every
        > August. Just don't put me on the guest list next year!
        >
        > Gino
        >
        > On 8/11/05, paul larner <pklarner@...> wrote:
        > > Ginno, weren't you at the same restaurant Sally and I ate?
        > Anyone else
        > > unhappy withe the food or service. The waitress was a former
        > acquaintance
        > > of Gino's.
        > >
        > > PKL

      • stevefjg30
        Message 3 of 24 , Aug 11, 2005
          I agree with Gino> I think we should try something new next year. I
          had a great time.Every year I seem to be sick whenever we have the
          get together.Maybe next year I'll start taking cold meds two weeks
          before the get together.

          Steve L

          GRailroad@yahoogroups.com, Gino's Railpage <fjgrailroad@g...> wrote:
          > Maybe it was just my end of the table. My food wasn't very good
          and I mentioned
          > that my wife was slightly sick. Steve and his wife weren't very
          happy
          > either. Yes,
          > I used to work with the waitress and she was just as bossy there
          too.
          > Don't get me
          > wrong, we've had some great dinners at the RailYard, Rich Finn
          wrote me to say
          > his meal was wonderful, I was just wondering if there was another
          > place we can try.
          > I know how much you like it and you're more than welcome to remain
          there every
          > August. Just don't put me on the guest list next year!
          >
          > Gino
          >
          > On 8/11/05, paul larner <pklarner@h...> wrote:
          > > Ginno, weren't you at the same restaurant Sally and I ate?
          Anyone else
          > > unhappy withe the food or service. The waitress was a former
          acquaintance
          > > of Gino's.
          > >
          > > PKL
          > >

          > > >From: Gino's Railpage <fjgrailroad@g...>
          > > >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
          > > >Subject: [FJGRailroad] Get Together 2005
          > > >Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 10:45:08 -0400
          > >

          > > >Hi guys,
          > > >
          > > >We had a good time at this year's get-together. Sorry we
          missed you.
          > > >If you wanted to learn the history of the FJ&G, Paul's
          PowerPoint
          > > >presentation on the line was a good place to start. Keep your
          > > >calendars open for next year. The early plan is to charter a
          bus and
          > > >travel all of the FJ&G's bus routes. I don't know about you
          guys, but
          > > >it sounds like a great time to me. Also, we need to plan in
          advance
          > > >our dinner plans. I for one am not going back to The Rail
          Yard. That
          > > >is the one place that was a minus on our festivities. Poor
          service,
          > > >poor food. I won't even tell you what the food did to my wife!
          > > >Perhaps Crystal Bar in Amsterdam? Raindancer?
          > > >I can't think of a nice place anywhere in Johnstown or
          Gloversville to
          > > >accommodate us. Any suggestions?
          > > >
          > > >We can think about it in the upcoming months...
          > > >
          > > >Gino
          > > >
          > > >--
          > > >www.ginosrailpage.com
          > > >www.fjgrr.org
          > >

          > > Visit Gino's Railpage at
          > > http://www.lostlandmarks.org
          > > Visit Charles P. Woolever's Existing Railroad Stations in New
          York State at
          > > http://ny.existingstations.com/

          Service.