Re: [FJGRailroad] Get Together 2005

    Message 1 of 24 , Aug 10, 2005
      Tegeos was closed so we made a stop at NY Lunch on Bleeker Street. Yes,
      several of us stopped for ice cream at Vail Mills on our ways back to motel
      and homes.

      PKL

      Message 2 of 24 , Aug 11, 2005
        Maybe it was just my end of the table. My food wasn't very good and I mentioned
        that my wife was slightly sick. Steve and his wife weren't very happy
        either. Yes,
        I used to work with the waitress and she was just as bossy there too.
        Don't get me
        wrong, we've had some great dinners at the RailYard, Rich Finn wrote me to say
        his meal was wonderful, I was just wondering if there was another
        place we can try.
        I know how much you like it and you're more than welcome to remain there every
        August. Just don't put me on the guest list next year!

        Gino

        --
        www.ginosrailpage.com
        www.fjgrr.org
        Message 3 of 24 , Aug 11, 2005
          Good morning, all

          The only disappointment Sandy and I had was that they couldn't find
          enough clams to get us a bucket of steamers. We had them last year,
          and they were the best we have ever had. That is a pretty good
          compliment from coastal folk. Otherwise we were pleased.

          Most clams were environmentally polluted this spring from a shore
          condition called.....THE RED TIDE!.

          Dick

          On Aug 11, 2005, at 12:12 AM, paul larner wrote:

          > Ginno, weren't you at the same restaurant Sally and I ate? Anyone
          > else
          > unhappy withe the food or service. The waitress was a former
          > acquaintance
          > of Gino's.
          >
          > PKL

        • Richard Finn
          Message 4 of 24 , Aug 11, 2005
            "Time heals every wound"
            or, is it
            "Time wounds every heel"?

            Dick

            On Aug 11, 2005, at 3:17 AM, Gino's Railpage wrote:

            > Maybe it was just my end of the table. My food wasn't very good
            > and I mentioned
            > that my wife was slightly sick. Steve and his wife weren't very happy
            > either. Yes,
            > I used to work with the waitress and she was just as bossy there too.
            > Don't get me
            > wrong, we've had some great dinners at the RailYard, Rich Finn
            > wrote me to say
            > his meal was wonderful, I was just wondering if there was another
            > place we can try.
            > I know how much you like it and you're more than welcome to remain
            > there every
            > August. Just don't put me on the guest list next year!
            >
            > Gino
            >
            > On 8/11/05, paul larner <pklarner@...> wrote:
            > > Ginno, weren't you at the same restaurant Sally and I ate?
            > Anyone else
            > > unhappy withe the food or service. The waitress was a former
            > acquaintance
            > > of Gino's.
            > >
            > > PKL

          • stevefjg30
            Message 5 of 24 , Aug 11, 2005
              I agree with Gino> I think we should try something new next year. I
              had a great time.Every year I seem to be sick whenever we have the
              get together.Maybe next year I'll start taking cold meds two weeks
              before the get together.

              Steve L

              GRailroad@yahoogroups.com, Gino's Railpage <fjgrailroad@g...> wrote:
              > Maybe it was just my end of the table. My food wasn't very good
              and I mentioned
              > that my wife was slightly sick. Steve and his wife weren't very
              happy
              > either. Yes,
              > I used to work with the waitress and she was just as bossy there
              too.
              > Don't get me
              > wrong, we've had some great dinners at the RailYard, Rich Finn
              wrote me to say
              > his meal was wonderful, I was just wondering if there was another
              > place we can try.
              > I know how much you like it and you're more than welcome to remain
              there every
              > August. Just don't put me on the guest list next year!
              >
              > Gino
              >
              > On 8/11/05, paul larner <pklarner@h...> wrote:
              > > Ginno, weren't you at the same restaurant Sally and I ate?
              Anyone else
              > > unhappy withe the food or service. The waitress was a former
              acquaintance
              > > of Gino's.
              > >
              > > PKL
              > >

              > > >From: Gino's Railpage <fjgrailroad@g...>
              > > >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
              > > >Subject: [FJGRailroad] Get Together 2005
              > > >Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 10:45:08 -0400
              > >

              > > >Hi guys,
              > > >
              > > >We had a good time at this year's get-together. Sorry we
              missed you.
              > > >If you wanted to learn the history of the FJ&G, Paul's
              PowerPoint
              > > >presentation on the line was a good place to start. Keep your
              > > >calendars open for next year. The early plan is to charter a
              bus and
              > > >travel all of the FJ&G's bus routes. I don't know about you
              guys, but
              > > >it sounds like a great time to me. Also, we need to plan in
              advance
              > > >our dinner plans. I for one am not going back to The Rail
              Yard. That
              > > >is the one place that was a minus on our festivities. Poor
              service,
              > > >poor food. I won't even tell you what the food did to my wife!
              > > >Perhaps Crystal Bar in Amsterdam? Raindancer?
              > > >I can't think of a nice place anywhere in Johnstown or
              Gloversville to
              > > >accommodate us. Any suggestions?
              > > >
              > > >We can think about it in the upcoming months...
              > > >
              > > >Gino
              > > >
              > > >--
              > > >www.ginosrailpage.com
              > > >www.fjgrr.org
              > >

              > > Visit Gino's Railpage at
              > > http://www.lostlandmarks.org
              > > Visit Charles P. Woolever's Existing Railroad Stations in New
              York State at
              > > http://ny.existingstations.com/

              Service.