RE: [FJGRailroad] Get Together 2005

    Message 1 of 24 , Aug 10, 2005
      New York Lunch for hot dogs Mark. Tegoes was closed, but they wouldn't
      have
      Had enough room anyways! I guess Paul and some people went to Vail
      Mills
      After dinner. I had to go to my mother's and get my birthday present
      and my
      Kids!

      Message 2 of 24 , Aug 10, 2005
        Ginno, weren't you at the same restaurant Sally and I ate? Anyone else
        unhappy withe the food or service. The waitress was a former acquaintance
        of Gino's.

        PKL

        Message 3 of 24 , Aug 10, 2005
          Tegeos was closed so we made a stop at NY Lunch on Bleeker Street. Yes,
          several of us stopped for ice cream at Vail Mills on our ways back to motel
          and homes.

          PKL

          Message 4 of 24 , Aug 11, 2005
            Maybe it was just my end of the table. My food wasn't very good and I mentioned
            that my wife was slightly sick. Steve and his wife weren't very happy
            either. Yes,
            I used to work with the waitress and she was just as bossy there too.
            Don't get me
            wrong, we've had some great dinners at the RailYard, Rich Finn wrote me to say
            his meal was wonderful, I was just wondering if there was another
            place we can try.
            I know how much you like it and you're more than welcome to remain there every
            August. Just don't put me on the guest list next year!

            Gino

            --
            www.ginosrailpage.com
            www.fjgrr.org
            Message 5 of 24 , Aug 11, 2005
              Good morning, all

              The only disappointment Sandy and I had was that they couldn't find
              enough clams to get us a bucket of steamers. We had them last year,
              and they were the best we have ever had. That is a pretty good
              compliment from coastal folk. Otherwise we were pleased.

              Most clams were environmentally polluted this spring from a shore
              condition called.....THE RED TIDE!.

              Dick

              On Aug 11, 2005, at 12:12 AM, paul larner wrote:

              > Ginno, weren't you at the same restaurant Sally and I ate? Anyone
              > else
              > unhappy withe the food or service. The waitress was a former
              > acquaintance
              > of Gino's.
              >
              > PKL

            • Richard Finn
              Message 6 of 24 , Aug 11, 2005
                "Time heals every wound"
                or, is it
                "Time wounds every heel"?

                Dick

                On Aug 11, 2005, at 3:17 AM, Gino's Railpage wrote:

                > Maybe it was just my end of the table. My food wasn't very good
                > and I mentioned
                > that my wife was slightly sick. Steve and his wife weren't very happy
                > either. Yes,
                > I used to work with the waitress and she was just as bossy there too.
                > Don't get me
                > wrong, we've had some great dinners at the RailYard, Rich Finn
                > wrote me to say
                > his meal was wonderful, I was just wondering if there was another
                > place we can try.
                > I know how much you like it and you're more than welcome to remain
                > there every
                > August. Just don't put me on the guest list next year!
                >
                > Gino
                >
                > On 8/11/05, paul larner <pklarner@...> wrote:
                > > Ginno, weren't you at the same restaurant Sally and I ate?
                > Anyone else
                > > unhappy withe the food or service. The waitress was a former
                > acquaintance
                > > of Gino's.
                > >
                > > PKL

              • stevefjg30
                Message 7 of 24 , Aug 11, 2005
                  I agree with Gino> I think we should try something new next year. I
                  had a great time.Every year I seem to be sick whenever we have the
                  get together.Maybe next year I'll start taking cold meds two weeks
                  before the get together.

                  Steve L

                  GRailroad@yahoogroups.com, Gino's Railpage <fjgrailroad@g...> wrote:
                  > Maybe it was just my end of the table. My food wasn't very good
                  and I mentioned
                  > that my wife was slightly sick. Steve and his wife weren't very
                  happy
                  > either. Yes,
                  > I used to work with the waitress and she was just as bossy there
                  too.
                  > Don't get me
                  > wrong, we've had some great dinners at the RailYard, Rich Finn
                  wrote me to say
                  > his meal was wonderful, I was just wondering if there was another
                  > place we can try.
                  > I know how much you like it and you're more than welcome to remain
                  there every
                  > August. Just don't put me on the guest list next year!
                  >
                  > Gino
                  >
                  > On 8/11/05, paul larner <pklarner@h...> wrote:
                  > > Ginno, weren't you at the same restaurant Sally and I ate?
                  Anyone else
                  > > unhappy withe the food or service. The waitress was a former
                  acquaintance
                  > > of Gino's.
                  > >
                  > > PKL
                  > >

                  > > >From: Gino's Railpage <fjgrailroad@g...>
                  > > >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
                  > > >Subject: [FJGRailroad] Get Together 2005
                  > > >Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 10:45:08 -0400
                  > >

                  > > >Hi guys,
                  > > >
                  > > >We had a good time at this year's get-together. Sorry we
                  missed you.
                  > > >If you wanted to learn the history of the FJ&G, Paul's
                  PowerPoint
                  > > >presentation on the line was a good place to start. Keep your
                  > > >calendars open for next year. The early plan is to charter a
                  bus and
                  > > >travel all of the FJ&G's bus routes. I don't know about you
                  guys, but
                  > > >it sounds like a great time to me. Also, we need to plan in
                  advance
                  > > >our dinner plans. I for one am not going back to The Rail
                  Yard. That
                  > > >is the one place that was a minus on our festivities. Poor
                  service,
                  > > >poor food. I won't even tell you what the food did to my wife!
                  > > >Perhaps Crystal Bar in Amsterdam? Raindancer?
                  > > >I can't think of a nice place anywhere in Johnstown or
                  Gloversville to
                  > > >accommodate us. Any suggestions?
                  > > >
                  > > >We can think about it in the upcoming months...
                  > > >
                  > > >Gino
                  > > >
                  > > >--
                  > > >www.ginosrailpage.com
                  > > >www.fjgrr.org
                  > >

                  > > Visit Gino's Railpage at
                  > > http://www.lostlandmarks.org
                  > > Visit Charles P. Woolever's Existing Railroad Stations in New
                  York State at
                  > > http://ny.existingstations.com/

                  Service.