Re: [FJGRailroad] Annual Get Together August 6, 2005

  • Dave Brennan
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 3, 2005
               It is about across the street from where it was.     We have never been there since we moved back.        Some things are better left to memory than tested again.

      paul larner <pklarner@...> wrote:
      A check of the directory shows it still on Bleeker St. at No. 21.  Let's do
      that.  Has to be bette than Tegeos.

      PKL

      >From: Richard Finn <rafinn@...>
      >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
      >CC: Richard Finn <rafinn@...>
      >Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] Annual Get Together August 6, 2005
      >Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 09:08:59 -0400
      >
      >Good morning, all
      >
      >Please check the Leader-Herald web site for the Menu Guide.  the New
      >York Lunch is still listed with its (expanded) menu.  There is no
      >street address, only "located in Downtown Gloversville".
      >
      >The 10 cent hot dogs with the works are now $1.40.  Probably about
      >the same rise as everything else since the early1950s
      >
      >Dick
      >
      >On Aug 2, 2005, at 11:19 PM, paul larner wrote:
      >
      > > All the buildings on the side of the street where New York and Capitol
      > > Lunches were located are now gone.  If I recall correctly the two
      > > were about
      > > two doors apart on Bleeker Street.   Tegeo's is on W. Fulton between
      > > Arlington and Cayadutta - roughly across from where Garlock's
      > > Garage was
      > > located.  Their dogs aren't as good as I recall Capitol's to have
      > > been; last
      > > time we went there I thought it was a bit pricey.
      > >
      > > PKL

    • Gino DiCarlo
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 3, 2005
        Tegeos STILL has the best hot dogs in Fulton County!
        was there a few months ago and they were still great.
        The problem is they couldn't accomodate our large
        group in there. New York lunch is good, but no
        Tegeos.
        Another alternative is going to the new location of
        the Railside Diner in Johnstown. It is located right
        near Perry lanes, so not a long drive from the
        library!!!
        If they still have the same food, it will be a good
        lunch!

        Gino

        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 3, 2005
          I think we should stay in G when we walk down to teh shop we can let them
          know we'll be back at say noon or 12:30 and give them a heads up. Going
          over to J will kill too much of what I think may be too busy a day already.

          PKL

          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 3, 2005

            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 3, 2005
              Just an idea Paul, that's OK with me to stay within walking distance.

              Hey, just an idea here, for those who may be coming late or get lost or
              whatever, here is my cell phone number so you can contact us. I will
              keep it on the whole day! 518-366-4814. If you get a lady, oops, it's
              my wife's cell phone number.

              Gino

              --
              www.ginosrailpage.com
              www.fjgrr.org
              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 3, 2005
                Paul,

                What time should everyone plan to meet at the library?

                Gino

                --
                www.ginosrailpage.com
                www.fjgrr.org
                Message 7 of 14 , Aug 5, 2005
                  Just wanted to advise that I plan to be there
                  tomorrow, just may not be able to make it before about
                  10:30 due to some last minune personal business that I
                  have to address first thing. In case no one is at the
                  library when I get there, exactly where is the machine
                  shop (us folks from Amsterdam don't know our way
                  around too well)?
                  Jerry

                  http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
                • Gino DiCarlo
                  Message 8 of 14 , Aug 5, 2005
                    Jerry,

                    The shops are right down the street from the library.
                    The back of the shop is in the former yard. You know,
                    where the bees chased us last year! The exact
                    location
                    is at Broad St and West Fulton Street. we should
                    still be
                    at the library at 10:30 I think!

                    Gino

                    http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs