Re: [FJGRailroad] Annual Get Together August 6, 2005

  • choochoo1802@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 2 8:56 PM
      We use to go up there for lunch many times. We use to call the hot dogs
      as "gas dogs"! Mark
    • Richard Finn
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 3 6:08 AM
        Good morning, all

        Please check the Leader-Herald web site for the Menu Guide. the New
        York Lunch is still listed with its (expanded) menu. There is no
        street address, only "located in Downtown Gloversville".

        The 10 cent hot dogs with the works are now $1.40. Probably about
        the same rise as everything else since the early1950s

        Dick

        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 3 8:38 AM
          A check of the directory shows it still on Bleeker St. at No. 21. Let's do
          that. Has to be bette than Tegeos.

          PKL

          >From: Richard Finn <rafinn@...>
          >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
          >CC: Richard Finn <rafinn@...>
          >Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] Annual Get Together August 6, 2005
          >Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 09:08:59 -0400
          >
          >Good morning, all
          >
          >Please check the Leader-Herald web site for the Menu Guide. the New
          >York Lunch is still listed with its (expanded) menu. There is no
          >street address, only "located in Downtown Gloversville".
          >
          >The 10 cent hot dogs with the works are now $1.40. Probably about
          >the same rise as everything else since the early1950s
          >
          >Dick
          >
          >On Aug 2, 2005, at 11:19 PM, paul larner wrote:
          >
          > > All the buildings on the side of the street where New York and Capitol
          > > Lunches were located are now gone. If I recall correctly the two
          > > were about
          > > two doors apart on Bleeker Street. Tegeo's is on W. Fulton between
          > > Arlington and Cayadutta - roughly across from where Garlock's
          > > Garage was
          > > located. Their dogs aren't as good as I recall Capitol's to have
          > > been; last
          > > time we went there I thought it was a bit pricey.
          > >
          > > PKL

        • Dave Brennan
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 3 9:54 AM
                     It is about across the street from where it was.     We have never been there since we moved back.        Some things are better left to memory than tested again.

            paul larner <pklarner@...> wrote:
            A check of the directory shows it still on Bleeker St. at No. 21.  Let's do
            that.  Has to be bette than Tegeos.

            PKL

            >From: Richard Finn <rafinn@...>
            >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
            >CC: Richard Finn <rafinn@...>
            >Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] Annual Get Together August 6, 2005
            >Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 09:08:59 -0400
            >
            >Good morning, all
            >
            >Please check the Leader-Herald web site for the Menu Guide.  the New
            >York Lunch is still listed with its (expanded) menu.  There is no
            >street address, only "located in Downtown Gloversville".
            >
            >The 10 cent hot dogs with the works are now $1.40.  Probably about
            >the same rise as everything else since the early1950s
            >
            >Dick
            >
            >On Aug 2, 2005, at 11:19 PM, paul larner wrote:
            >
            > > All the buildings on the side of the street where New York and Capitol
            > > Lunches were located are now gone.  If I recall correctly the two
            > > were about
            > > two doors apart on Bleeker Street.   Tegeo's is on W. Fulton between
            > > Arlington and Cayadutta - roughly across from where Garlock's
            > > Garage was
            > > located.  Their dogs aren't as good as I recall Capitol's to have
            > > been; last
            > > time we went there I thought it was a bit pricey.
            > >
            > > PKL

          • Gino DiCarlo
            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 3 10:04 AM
              Tegeos STILL has the best hot dogs in Fulton County!
              was there a few months ago and they were still great.
              The problem is they couldn't accomodate our large
              group in there. New York lunch is good, but no
              Tegeos.
              Another alternative is going to the new location of
              the Railside Diner in Johnstown. It is located right
              near Perry lanes, so not a long drive from the
              library!!!
              If they still have the same food, it will be a good
              lunch!

              Gino

              http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 3 7:32 PM
                I think we should stay in G when we walk down to teh shop we can let them
                know we'll be back at say noon or 12:30 and give them a heads up. Going
                over to J will kill too much of what I think may be too busy a day already.

                PKL

                Message 7 of 14 , Aug 3 7:32 PM

                  Message 8 of 14 , Aug 3 7:59 PM
                    Just an idea Paul, that's OK with me to stay within walking distance.

                    Hey, just an idea here, for those who may be coming late or get lost or
                    whatever, here is my cell phone number so you can contact us. I will
                    keep it on the whole day! 518-366-4814. If you get a lady, oops, it's
                    my wife's cell phone number.

                    Gino

                    --
                    www.ginosrailpage.com
                    www.fjgrr.org
                    Message 9 of 14 , Aug 3 9:50 PM
                      Paul,

                      What time should everyone plan to meet at the library?

                      Gino

                      --
                      www.ginosrailpage.com
                      www.fjgrr.org
                      Message 10 of 14 , Aug 5 10:57 AM
                        Just wanted to advise that I plan to be there
                        tomorrow, just may not be able to make it before about
                        10:30 due to some last minune personal business that I
                        have to address first thing. In case no one is at the
                        library when I get there, exactly where is the machine
                        shop (us folks from Amsterdam don't know our way
                        around too well)?
                        Jerry

                        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
                      • Gino DiCarlo
                        Message 11 of 14 , Aug 5 5:54 PM
                          Jerry,

                          The shops are right down the street from the library.
                          The back of the shop is in the former yard. You know,
                          where the bees chased us last year! The exact
                          location
                          is at Broad St and West Fulton Street. we should
                          still be
                          at the library at 10:30 I think!

                          Gino

                          http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs