Re: [FJGRailroad] Annual Get Together August 6, 2005

    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 2, 2005
      All the buildings on the side of the street where New York and Capitol
      Lunches were located are now gone. If I recall correctly the two were about
      two doors apart on Bleeker Street. Tegeo's is on W. Fulton between
      Arlington and Cayadutta - roughly across from where Garlock's Garage was
      located. Their dogs aren't as good as I recall Capitol's to have been; last
      time we went there I thought it was a bit pricey.

      PKL

    • choochoo1802@webtv.net
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 2, 2005
        We use to go up there for lunch many times. We use to call the hot dogs
        as "gas dogs"! Mark
      • Richard Finn
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 3, 2005
          Good morning, all

          Please check the Leader-Herald web site for the Menu Guide. the New
          York Lunch is still listed with its (expanded) menu. There is no
          street address, only "located in Downtown Gloversville".

          The 10 cent hot dogs with the works are now $1.40. Probably about
          the same rise as everything else since the early1950s

          Dick

          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 3, 2005
            A check of the directory shows it still on Bleeker St. at No. 21. Let's do
            that. Has to be bette than Tegeos.

            PKL

            >From: Richard Finn <rafinn@...>
            >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
            >CC: Richard Finn <rafinn@...>
            >Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] Annual Get Together August 6, 2005
            >Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 09:08:59 -0400
            >
            >Good morning, all
            >
            >Please check the Leader-Herald web site for the Menu Guide. the New
            >York Lunch is still listed with its (expanded) menu. There is no
            >street address, only "located in Downtown Gloversville".
            >
            >The 10 cent hot dogs with the works are now $1.40. Probably about
            >the same rise as everything else since the early1950s
            >
            >Dick
            >
            >On Aug 2, 2005, at 11:19 PM, paul larner wrote:
            >
            > > All the buildings on the side of the street where New York and Capitol
            > > Lunches were located are now gone. If I recall correctly the two
            > > were about
            > > two doors apart on Bleeker Street. Tegeo's is on W. Fulton between
            > > Arlington and Cayadutta - roughly across from where Garlock's
            > > Garage was
            > > located. Their dogs aren't as good as I recall Capitol's to have
            > > been; last
            > > time we went there I thought it was a bit pricey.
            > >
            > > PKL

          • Dave Brennan
            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 3, 2005
                       It is about across the street from where it was.     We have never been there since we moved back.        Some things are better left to memory than tested again.

              paul larner <pklarner@...> wrote:
              A check of the directory shows it still on Bleeker St. at No. 21.  Let's do
              that.  Has to be bette than Tegeos.

              PKL

              >From: Richard Finn <rafinn@...>
              >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
              >CC: Richard Finn <rafinn@...>
              >Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] Annual Get Together August 6, 2005
              >Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 09:08:59 -0400
              >
              >Good morning, all
              >
              >Please check the Leader-Herald web site for the Menu Guide.  the New
              >York Lunch is still listed with its (expanded) menu.  There is no
              >street address, only "located in Downtown Gloversville".
              >
              >The 10 cent hot dogs with the works are now $1.40.  Probably about
              >the same rise as everything else since the early1950s
              >
              >Dick
              >
              >On Aug 2, 2005, at 11:19 PM, paul larner wrote:
              >
              > > All the buildings on the side of the street where New York and Capitol
              > > Lunches were located are now gone.  If I recall correctly the two
              > > were about
              > > two doors apart on Bleeker Street.   Tegeo's is on W. Fulton between
              > > Arlington and Cayadutta - roughly across from where Garlock's
              > > Garage was
              > > located.  Their dogs aren't as good as I recall Capitol's to have
              > > been; last
              > > time we went there I thought it was a bit pricey.
              > >
              > > PKL

            • Gino DiCarlo
              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 3, 2005
                Tegeos STILL has the best hot dogs in Fulton County!
                was there a few months ago and they were still great.
                The problem is they couldn't accomodate our large
                group in there. New York lunch is good, but no
                Tegeos.
                Another alternative is going to the new location of
                the Railside Diner in Johnstown. It is located right
                near Perry lanes, so not a long drive from the
                library!!!
                If they still have the same food, it will be a good
                lunch!

                Gino

                http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
                Message 7 of 14 , Aug 3, 2005
                  I think we should stay in G when we walk down to teh shop we can let them
                  know we'll be back at say noon or 12:30 and give them a heads up. Going
                  over to J will kill too much of what I think may be too busy a day already.

                  PKL

                  Message 8 of 14 , Aug 3, 2005

                    Message 9 of 14 , Aug 3, 2005
                      Just an idea Paul, that's OK with me to stay within walking distance.

                      Hey, just an idea here, for those who may be coming late or get lost or
                      whatever, here is my cell phone number so you can contact us. I will
                      keep it on the whole day! 518-366-4814. If you get a lady, oops, it's
                      my wife's cell phone number.

                      Gino

                      --
                      www.ginosrailpage.com
                      www.fjgrr.org
                      Message 10 of 14 , Aug 3, 2005
                        Paul,

                        What time should everyone plan to meet at the library?

                        Gino

                        --
                        www.ginosrailpage.com
                        www.fjgrr.org
                        Message 11 of 14 , Aug 5, 2005
                          Just wanted to advise that I plan to be there
                          tomorrow, just may not be able to make it before about
                          10:30 due to some last minune personal business that I
                          have to address first thing. In case no one is at the
                          library when I get there, exactly where is the machine
                          shop (us folks from Amsterdam don't know our way
                          around too well)?
                          Jerry

                          http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
                        • Gino DiCarlo
                          Message 12 of 14 , Aug 5, 2005
                            Jerry,

                            The shops are right down the street from the library.
                            The back of the shop is in the former yard. You know,
                            where the bees chased us last year! The exact
                            location
                            is at Broad St and West Fulton Street. we should
                            still be
                            at the library at 10:30 I think!

                            Gino

                            http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs