Re: [FJGRailroad] Annual Get Together August 6, 2005

  • Richard Finn
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 2, 2005
      Hello Paul,

      Sounds like a well planned day.

      I am not familiar with Tegeo's, but was wondering about hot dogs at the New York Lunch.  I haven't been there for probably 50 years, but if memory serves correctly, two dogs at lunch were still tasty at suppertime.

      Dick

      On Jul 26, 2005, at 3:56 PM, pklarner wrote:

      Was up to Gloversville today to put touches on plans.  We will be
      able to tour the former machine shop in the morning.  Tentatively I
      would say we should walk or drive down there to arrive by 11:00 or
      sooner.  the owners have a wedding in the afternoon but were
      agreeable to accommodate us.

      Set up at the library will be around 9:00.  There will be a few
      tables.  All the digital audio visual tools we need are there, so I
      will do the power point thing after we get back from the tour and
      lunch (hot dogs at Tegeos??)

      The museum expects us (wives)later in the afternoon, say 3:00 or 3:30
      which will keep my gabbing short (always time for questions,
      though).  In between we have thousands (1235 on one CDRom, alone)of
      FJ&G photos among us that can be projected using their set up, and
      the VCR will be there for VSH presentations.  If you have movies or
      slides it would be best to bring your own project. We won't run out
      of things to view.  The room is air conditioned.

      Sorry I can't make the meeting tomorow night; I'll be in NYC.

      Have reached out to a few others in the area who are closet FJ&G fans
      but most say they are committed to other events.  23 lined up for
      dinner today; if you haven't done so yet, please let me know if you
      plan to share a meal with us.

      Anything else I forgot to mention?

      PKL

      Visit Gino's Railpage at
      Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page
      http://www.lostlandmarks.org
      http://ny.existingstations.com/

      Business and finance Small business finance Business finance course
      Business degree finance

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 2, 2005
        All the buildings on the side of the street where New York and Capitol
        Lunches were located are now gone. If I recall correctly the two were about
        two doors apart on Bleeker Street. Tegeo's is on W. Fulton between
        Arlington and Cayadutta - roughly across from where Garlock's Garage was
        located. Their dogs aren't as good as I recall Capitol's to have been; last
        time we went there I thought it was a bit pricey.

        PKL

      • choochoo1802@webtv.net
        Message 3 of 14 , Aug 2, 2005
          We use to go up there for lunch many times. We use to call the hot dogs
          as "gas dogs"! Mark
        • Richard Finn
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 3, 2005
            Good morning, all

            Please check the Leader-Herald web site for the Menu Guide. the New
            York Lunch is still listed with its (expanded) menu. There is no
            street address, only "located in Downtown Gloversville".

            The 10 cent hot dogs with the works are now $1.40. Probably about
            the same rise as everything else since the early1950s

            Dick

            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 3, 2005
              A check of the directory shows it still on Bleeker St. at No. 21. Let's do
              that. Has to be bette than Tegeos.

              PKL

              >From: Richard Finn <rafinn@...>
              >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
              >CC: Richard Finn <rafinn@...>
              >Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] Annual Get Together August 6, 2005
              >Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 09:08:59 -0400
              >
              >Good morning, all
              >
              >Please check the Leader-Herald web site for the Menu Guide. the New
              >York Lunch is still listed with its (expanded) menu. There is no
              >street address, only "located in Downtown Gloversville".
              >
              >The 10 cent hot dogs with the works are now $1.40. Probably about
              >the same rise as everything else since the early1950s
              >
              >Dick
              >
              >On Aug 2, 2005, at 11:19 PM, paul larner wrote:
              >
              > > All the buildings on the side of the street where New York and Capitol
              > > Lunches were located are now gone. If I recall correctly the two
              > > were about
              > > two doors apart on Bleeker Street. Tegeo's is on W. Fulton between
              > > Arlington and Cayadutta - roughly across from where Garlock's
              > > Garage was
              > > located. Their dogs aren't as good as I recall Capitol's to have
              > > been; last
              > > time we went there I thought it was a bit pricey.
              > >
              > > PKL

            • Dave Brennan
              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 3, 2005
                         It is about across the street from where it was.     We have never been there since we moved back.        Some things are better left to memory than tested again.

                paul larner <pklarner@...> wrote:
                A check of the directory shows it still on Bleeker St. at No. 21.  Let's do
                that.  Has to be bette than Tegeos.

                PKL

                >From: Richard Finn <rafinn@...>
                >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
                >CC: Richard Finn <rafinn@...>
                >Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] Annual Get Together August 6, 2005
                >Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 09:08:59 -0400
                >
                >Good morning, all
                >
                >Please check the Leader-Herald web site for the Menu Guide.  the New
                >York Lunch is still listed with its (expanded) menu.  There is no
                >street address, only "located in Downtown Gloversville".
                >
                >The 10 cent hot dogs with the works are now $1.40.  Probably about
                >the same rise as everything else since the early1950s
                >
                >Dick
                >
                >On Aug 2, 2005, at 11:19 PM, paul larner wrote:
                >
                > > All the buildings on the side of the street where New York and Capitol
                > > Lunches were located are now gone.  If I recall correctly the two
                > > were about
                > > two doors apart on Bleeker Street.   Tegeo's is on W. Fulton between
                > > Arlington and Cayadutta - roughly across from where Garlock's
                > > Garage was
                > > located.  Their dogs aren't as good as I recall Capitol's to have
                > > been; last
                > > time we went there I thought it was a bit pricey.
                > >
                > > PKL

              • Gino DiCarlo
                Message 7 of 14 , Aug 3, 2005
                  Tegeos STILL has the best hot dogs in Fulton County!
                  was there a few months ago and they were still great.
                  The problem is they couldn't accomodate our large
                  group in there. New York lunch is good, but no
                  Tegeos.
                  Another alternative is going to the new location of
                  the Railside Diner in Johnstown. It is located right
                  near Perry lanes, so not a long drive from the
                  library!!!
                  If they still have the same food, it will be a good
                  lunch!

                  Gino

                  http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
                  Message 8 of 14 , Aug 3, 2005
                    I think we should stay in G when we walk down to teh shop we can let them
                    know we'll be back at say noon or 12:30 and give them a heads up. Going
                    over to J will kill too much of what I think may be too busy a day already.

                    PKL

                    Message 9 of 14 , Aug 3, 2005

                      Message 10 of 14 , Aug 3, 2005
                        Just an idea Paul, that's OK with me to stay within walking distance.

                        Hey, just an idea here, for those who may be coming late or get lost or
                        whatever, here is my cell phone number so you can contact us. I will
                        keep it on the whole day! 518-366-4814. If you get a lady, oops, it's
                        my wife's cell phone number.

                        Gino

                        --
                        www.ginosrailpage.com
                        www.fjgrr.org
                        Message 11 of 14 , Aug 3, 2005
                          Paul,

                          What time should everyone plan to meet at the library?

                          Gino

                          --
                          www.ginosrailpage.com
                          www.fjgrr.org
                          Message 12 of 14 , Aug 5, 2005
                            Just wanted to advise that I plan to be there
                            tomorrow, just may not be able to make it before about
                            10:30 due to some last minune personal business that I
                            have to address first thing. In case no one is at the
                            library when I get there, exactly where is the machine
                            shop (us folks from Amsterdam don't know our way
                            around too well)?
                            Jerry

                            http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
                          • Gino DiCarlo
                            Message 13 of 14 , Aug 5, 2005
                              Jerry,

                              The shops are right down the street from the library.
                              The back of the shop is in the former yard. You know,
                              where the bees chased us last year! The exact
                              location
                              is at Broad St and West Fulton Street. we should
                              still be
                              at the library at 10:30 I think!

                              Gino

                              http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs