We'll Be There

  • Saul Kalbfeld
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 25, 2005
      Mark us down as coming. Had trouble finding a room in the area. Staying at a Quality Inn in Rotterdam. Even the good old fleabag Poplars is full that weekend. Must be horsey season at the Spa. And...Where does the Super 8 in Johnstown get off asking over $90.00 a night.
      Regards to all,
      Saul

      PS. Post some kind of schedule for the day so we'll know what is going on and when.
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 25, 2005
        Hello Saul,

        Really glad to hear you'll be making it over here.  We will be meeting at 10 o'clock at the Gloversville Library.  Where we'll have a day of show and tell.  We've been invited to make a visit to the Fulton  county museum but that will follow the initial gathering and sharing of photos, artifacts and stories. Walt and the group will be getting together this Wednesday night at the library where they may put together a more specific agenda but at this point it is an open format.  At some point, if the library has all the necessary equipment, including laptop (I believe they do), I'll run through my presentation.  (Homework needed) We are trying to avoid the traipsing around the country side we've done in the past so everyone can more easily participate.  I should have gone up to Gloversville today to firm up a couple items; perhaps I can get up there tomorrow.

        Dinner is rough scheduled for 5:30 to 6:00.  23 on the list today.

        Paul

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 25, 2005
          Saul,

          It will be great to have you and the missus with us! Have a safe trip!!!

          Gino

          --
          www.ginosrailpage.com
          www.fjgrr.org
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 26, 2005
            Saul-

            But don't you know Rt. 30 Johnstown IS the place to be? For
            excitement you can watch cars come down the hill.

            Highway Robbery.

            It is close to the FJG exidus and grade towards Fonda.

            Maybe a bit more expensive, but try the Inn at the Bridge in
            Northville. http://www.innatthebridge.com Beautifll spot, this
            bed and breakfast the northern part of Sacandaga Lake and directly
            west on the other side of the bridge is the site of the old FJ&G
            station. There is a historical marker on the bridge causeway marking
            such.

            A bit of history has changed in Northville. A couple of guys decided
            to cash in on the 2am blue light special at JJ Newberry's ( 5&10 ) on
            the west end of Bridge Street a few weeks back. Drove their car
            through it.

            One killed instantly, the other died in process of airlift. Fire and
            EMS are 2 doors down.

            Regards,

            Bob Schoneman
            Appleton, WI
          • Gino DiCarlo
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 26, 2005
              Just a few notes.

              The Fulton County Historian and his son my
              brother-in-law used to live in that house that is now
              The Inn At The Bridge. Beautiful building! A member
              of our group Dan Owens, who has since passed on used
              to stay there when he came to the Get-Togethers.

              As for the 5 and dime in Northville, the kids who died
              in that car crash were my brother's friend's kids. He
              is the police chief in Schenectady and has to be
              totally crushed losong his boys. Bad situation!

              Gino

              http://mail.yahoo.com