RE: [FJGRailroad] Get Together 2005

    Message 1 of 24 , Jul 4, 2005
      I think you're working too hard on the Suzy-Q Mark! Be careful, don't
      Let the railroad keep you from having fun on your days off..

      Message 2 of 24 , Jul 5, 2005
        Gino I will be there.

        Steve L

        Message 3 of 24 , Jul 6, 2005
          I sure hope so!!!!

          --
          www.ginosrailpage.com
          www.fjgrr.org
          Message 4 of 24 , Jul 16, 2005
            Hi guys,

            Once again, anyone who hasn't contacted me about The
            Get Together,
            please drop me a line at fjgrailroad@.... For
            the last few years I've been putting together a
            booklet for the event. Nothing fancy, just a
            little keepsake. I'd like to do the same again, and
            I like to have enough for everyone! Paul Charland has
            type set a repo of an FJG Time Table and I plan on
            including that! Pictures, maps, that sort of thing.

            That's all...

            gino

            http://mail.yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 24 , Aug 10, 2005
              Hi guys,

              We had a good time at this year's get-together. Sorry we missed you.
              If you wanted to learn the history of the FJ&G, Paul's PowerPoint
              presentation on the line was a good place to start. Keep your
              calendars open for next year. The early plan is to charter a bus and
              travel all of the FJ&G's bus routes. I don't know about you guys, but
              it sounds like a great time to me. Also, we need to plan in advance
              our dinner plans. I for one am not going back to The Rail Yard. That
              is the one place that was a minus on our festivities. Poor service,
              poor food. I won't even tell you what the food did to my wife!
              Perhaps Crystal Bar in Amsterdam? Raindancer?
              I can't think of a nice place anywhere in Johnstown or Gloversville to
              accommodate us. Any suggestions?

              We can think about it in the upcoming months...

              www.ginosrailpage.com
              www.fjgrr.org
            • choochoo1802@webtv.net
              Message 6 of 24 , Aug 10, 2005
                Gino-Did you guys make it to Tegoes for lunch? How about ice cream at
                Vail Mills? Mark
                Message 7 of 24 , Aug 10, 2005
                  New York Lunch for hot dogs Mark. Tegoes was closed, but they wouldn't
                  have
                  Had enough room anyways! I guess Paul and some people went to Vail
                  Mills
                  After dinner. I had to go to my mother's and get my birthday present
                  and my
                  Kids!

                  Message 8 of 24 , Aug 10, 2005
                    Ginno, weren't you at the same restaurant Sally and I ate? Anyone else
                    unhappy withe the food or service. The waitress was a former acquaintance
                    of Gino's.

                    PKL

                    Message 9 of 24 , Aug 10, 2005
                      Tegeos was closed so we made a stop at NY Lunch on Bleeker Street. Yes,
                      several of us stopped for ice cream at Vail Mills on our ways back to motel
                      and homes.

                      PKL

                      Message 10 of 24 , Aug 11, 2005
                        Maybe it was just my end of the table. My food wasn't very good and I mentioned
                        that my wife was slightly sick. Steve and his wife weren't very happy
                        either. Yes,
                        I used to work with the waitress and she was just as bossy there too.
                        Don't get me
                        wrong, we've had some great dinners at the RailYard, Rich Finn wrote me to say
                        his meal was wonderful, I was just wondering if there was another
                        place we can try.
                        I know how much you like it and you're more than welcome to remain there every
                        August. Just don't put me on the guest list next year!

                        Gino

                        --
                        www.ginosrailpage.com
                        www.fjgrr.org
                        Message 11 of 24 , Aug 11, 2005
                          Good morning, all

                          The only disappointment Sandy and I had was that they couldn't find
                          enough clams to get us a bucket of steamers. We had them last year,
                          and they were the best we have ever had. That is a pretty good
                          compliment from coastal folk. Otherwise we were pleased.

                          Most clams were environmentally polluted this spring from a shore
                          condition called.....THE RED TIDE!.

                          Dick

                          On Aug 11, 2005, at 12:12 AM, paul larner wrote:

                          > Ginno, weren't you at the same restaurant Sally and I ate? Anyone
                          > else
                          > unhappy withe the food or service. The waitress was a former
                          > acquaintance
                          > of Gino's.
                          >
                          > PKL

                        • Richard Finn
                          Message 12 of 24 , Aug 11, 2005
                            "Time heals every wound"
                            or, is it
                            "Time wounds every heel"?

                            Dick

                            On Aug 11, 2005, at 3:17 AM, Gino's Railpage wrote:

                            > Maybe it was just my end of the table. My food wasn't very good
                            > and I mentioned
                            > that my wife was slightly sick. Steve and his wife weren't very happy
                            > either. Yes,
                            > I used to work with the waitress and she was just as bossy there too.
                            > Don't get me
                            > wrong, we've had some great dinners at the RailYard, Rich Finn
                            > wrote me to say
                            > his meal was wonderful, I was just wondering if there was another
                            > place we can try.
                            > I know how much you like it and you're more than welcome to remain
                            > there every
                            > August. Just don't put me on the guest list next year!
                            >
                            > Gino
                            >
                            > On 8/11/05, paul larner <pklarner@...> wrote:
                            > > Ginno, weren't you at the same restaurant Sally and I ate?
                            > Anyone else
                            > > unhappy withe the food or service. The waitress was a former
                            > acquaintance
                            > > of Gino's.
                            > >
                            > > PKL

                          • stevefjg30
                            Message 13 of 24 , Aug 11, 2005
                              I agree with Gino> I think we should try something new next year. I
                              had a great time.Every year I seem to be sick whenever we have the
                              get together.Maybe next year I'll start taking cold meds two weeks
                              before the get together.

                              Steve L

                              GRailroad@yahoogroups.com, Gino's Railpage <fjgrailroad@g...> wrote:
                              > Maybe it was just my end of the table. My food wasn't very good
                              and I mentioned
                              > that my wife was slightly sick. Steve and his wife weren't very
                              happy
                              > either. Yes,
                              > I used to work with the waitress and she was just as bossy there
                              too.
                              > Don't get me
                              > wrong, we've had some great dinners at the RailYard, Rich Finn
                              wrote me to say
                              > his meal was wonderful, I was just wondering if there was another
                              > place we can try.
                              > I know how much you like it and you're more than welcome to remain
                              there every
                              > August. Just don't put me on the guest list next year!
                              >
                              > Gino
                              >
                              > On 8/11/05, paul larner <pklarner@h...> wrote:
                              > > Ginno, weren't you at the same restaurant Sally and I ate?
                              Anyone else
                              > > unhappy withe the food or service. The waitress was a former
                              acquaintance
                              > > of Gino's.
                              > >
                              > > PKL
                              > >

                              > > >From: Gino's Railpage <fjgrailroad@g...>
                              > > >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
                              > > >Subject: [FJGRailroad] Get Together 2005
                              > > >Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 10:45:08 -0400
                              > >

                              > > >Hi guys,
                              > > >
                              > > >We had a good time at this year's get-together. Sorry we
                              missed you.
                              > > >If you wanted to learn the history of the FJ&G, Paul's
                              PowerPoint
                              > > >presentation on the line was a good place to start. Keep your
                              > > >calendars open for next year. The early plan is to charter a
                              bus and
                              > > >travel all of the FJ&G's bus routes. I don't know about you
                              guys, but
                              > > >it sounds like a great time to me. Also, we need to plan in
                              advance
                              > > >our dinner plans. I for one am not going back to The Rail
                              Yard. That
                              > > >is the one place that was a minus on our festivities. Poor
                              service,
                              > > >poor food. I won't even tell you what the food did to my wife!
                              > > >Perhaps Crystal Bar in Amsterdam? Raindancer?
                              > > >I can't think of a nice place anywhere in Johnstown or
                              Gloversville to
                              > > >accommodate us. Any suggestions?
                              > > >
                              > > >We can think about it in the upcoming months...
                              > > >
                              > > >Gino
                              > > >
                              > > >--
                              > > >www.ginosrailpage.com
                              > > >www.fjgrr.org
                              > >

                              > > Visit Gino's Railpage at
                              > > http://www.lostlandmarks.org
                              > > Visit Charles P. Woolever's Existing Railroad Stations in New
                              York State at
                              > > http://ny.existingstations.com/

                              Service.