Re: [FJGRailroad] Get Together 2005

  • choochoo1802@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 24 , Jul 2, 2005
      Paul- Better put me down for a yes. If I have to work on the next day,I
      wont stay for dinner,I have a good chance getting that whole weekend
      off. These CSX's detour trains are keeping us very busy.Mark
      Message 2 of 24 , Jul 2, 2005
        Mark, you're on the list.

        PKL

        Message 3 of 24 , Jul 4, 2005
          I think you're working too hard on the Suzy-Q Mark! Be careful, don't
          Let the railroad keep you from having fun on your days off..

          Message 4 of 24 , Jul 5, 2005
            Gino I will be there.

            Steve L

            Message 5 of 24 , Jul 6, 2005
              I sure hope so!!!!

              --
              www.ginosrailpage.com
              www.fjgrr.org
              Message 6 of 24 , Jul 16, 2005
                Hi guys,

                Once again, anyone who hasn't contacted me about The
                Get Together,
                please drop me a line at fjgrailroad@.... For
                the last few years I've been putting together a
                booklet for the event. Nothing fancy, just a
                little keepsake. I'd like to do the same again, and
                I like to have enough for everyone! Paul Charland has
                type set a repo of an FJG Time Table and I plan on
                including that! Pictures, maps, that sort of thing.

                That's all...

                gino

                http://mail.yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 24 , Aug 10, 2005
                  Hi guys,

                  We had a good time at this year's get-together. Sorry we missed you.
                  If you wanted to learn the history of the FJ&G, Paul's PowerPoint
                  presentation on the line was a good place to start. Keep your
                  calendars open for next year. The early plan is to charter a bus and
                  travel all of the FJ&G's bus routes. I don't know about you guys, but
                  it sounds like a great time to me. Also, we need to plan in advance
                  our dinner plans. I for one am not going back to The Rail Yard. That
                  is the one place that was a minus on our festivities. Poor service,
                  poor food. I won't even tell you what the food did to my wife!
                  Perhaps Crystal Bar in Amsterdam? Raindancer?
                  I can't think of a nice place anywhere in Johnstown or Gloversville to
                  accommodate us. Any suggestions?

                  We can think about it in the upcoming months...

                  www.ginosrailpage.com
                  www.fjgrr.org
                • choochoo1802@webtv.net
                  Message 8 of 24 , Aug 10, 2005
                    Gino-Did you guys make it to Tegoes for lunch? How about ice cream at
                    Vail Mills? Mark
                    Message 9 of 24 , Aug 10, 2005
                      New York Lunch for hot dogs Mark. Tegoes was closed, but they wouldn't
                      have
                      Had enough room anyways! I guess Paul and some people went to Vail
                      Mills
                      After dinner. I had to go to my mother's and get my birthday present
                      and my
                      Kids!

                      Message 10 of 24 , Aug 10, 2005
                        Ginno, weren't you at the same restaurant Sally and I ate? Anyone else
                        unhappy withe the food or service. The waitress was a former acquaintance
                        of Gino's.

                        PKL

                        Message 11 of 24 , Aug 10, 2005
                          Tegeos was closed so we made a stop at NY Lunch on Bleeker Street. Yes,
                          several of us stopped for ice cream at Vail Mills on our ways back to motel
                          and homes.

                          PKL

                          Message 12 of 24 , Aug 11, 2005
                            Maybe it was just my end of the table. My food wasn't very good and I mentioned
                            that my wife was slightly sick. Steve and his wife weren't very happy
                            either. Yes,
                            I used to work with the waitress and she was just as bossy there too.
                            Don't get me
                            wrong, we've had some great dinners at the RailYard, Rich Finn wrote me to say
                            his meal was wonderful, I was just wondering if there was another
                            place we can try.
                            I know how much you like it and you're more than welcome to remain there every
                            August. Just don't put me on the guest list next year!

                            Gino

                            --
                            www.ginosrailpage.com
                            www.fjgrr.org
                            Message 13 of 24 , Aug 11, 2005
                              Good morning, all

                              The only disappointment Sandy and I had was that they couldn't find
                              enough clams to get us a bucket of steamers. We had them last year,
                              and they were the best we have ever had. That is a pretty good
                              compliment from coastal folk. Otherwise we were pleased.

                              Most clams were environmentally polluted this spring from a shore
                              condition called.....THE RED TIDE!.

                              Dick

                              On Aug 11, 2005, at 12:12 AM, paul larner wrote:

                              > Ginno, weren't you at the same restaurant Sally and I ate? Anyone
                              > else
                              > unhappy withe the food or service. The waitress was a former
                              > acquaintance
                              > of Gino's.
                              >
                              > PKL

                            • Richard Finn
                              Message 14 of 24 , Aug 11, 2005
                                "Time heals every wound"
                                or, is it
                                "Time wounds every heel"?

                                Dick

                                On Aug 11, 2005, at 3:17 AM, Gino's Railpage wrote:

                                > Maybe it was just my end of the table. My food wasn't very good
                                > and I mentioned
                                > that my wife was slightly sick. Steve and his wife weren't very happy
                                > either. Yes,
                                > I used to work with the waitress and she was just as bossy there too.
                                > Don't get me
                                > wrong, we've had some great dinners at the RailYard, Rich Finn
                                > wrote me to say
                                > his meal was wonderful, I was just wondering if there was another
                                > place we can try.
                                > I know how much you like it and you're more than welcome to remain
                                > there every
                                > August. Just don't put me on the guest list next year!
                                >
                                > Gino
                                >
                                > On 8/11/05, paul larner <pklarner@...> wrote:
                                > > Ginno, weren't you at the same restaurant Sally and I ate?
                                > Anyone else
                                > > unhappy withe the food or service. The waitress was a former
                                > acquaintance
                                > > of Gino's.
                                > >
                                > > PKL

                              • stevefjg30
                                Message 15 of 24 , Aug 11, 2005
                                  I agree with Gino> I think we should try something new next year. I
                                  had a great time.Every year I seem to be sick whenever we have the
                                  get together.Maybe next year I'll start taking cold meds two weeks
                                  before the get together.

                                  Steve L

                                  GRailroad@yahoogroups.com, Gino's Railpage <fjgrailroad@g...> wrote:
                                  > Maybe it was just my end of the table. My food wasn't very good
                                  and I mentioned
                                  > that my wife was slightly sick. Steve and his wife weren't very
                                  happy
                                  > either. Yes,
                                  > I used to work with the waitress and she was just as bossy there
                                  too.
                                  > Don't get me
                                  > wrong, we've had some great dinners at the RailYard, Rich Finn
                                  wrote me to say
                                  > his meal was wonderful, I was just wondering if there was another
                                  > place we can try.
                                  > I know how much you like it and you're more than welcome to remain
                                  there every
                                  > August. Just don't put me on the guest list next year!
                                  >
                                  > Gino
                                  >
                                  > On 8/11/05, paul larner <pklarner@h...> wrote:
                                  > > Ginno, weren't you at the same restaurant Sally and I ate?
                                  Anyone else
                                  > > unhappy withe the food or service. The waitress was a former
                                  acquaintance
                                  > > of Gino's.
                                  > >
                                  > > PKL
                                  > >

                                  > > >From: Gino's Railpage <fjgrailroad@g...>
                                  > > >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
                                  > > >Subject: [FJGRailroad] Get Together 2005
                                  > > >Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 10:45:08 -0400
                                  > >

                                  > > >Hi guys,
                                  > > >
                                  > > >We had a good time at this year's get-together. Sorry we
                                  missed you.
                                  > > >If you wanted to learn the history of the FJ&G, Paul's
                                  PowerPoint
                                  > > >presentation on the line was a good place to start. Keep your
                                  > > >calendars open for next year. The early plan is to charter a
                                  bus and
                                  > > >travel all of the FJ&G's bus routes. I don't know about you
                                  guys, but
                                  > > >it sounds like a great time to me. Also, we need to plan in
                                  advance
                                  > > >our dinner plans. I for one am not going back to The Rail
                                  Yard. That
                                  > > >is the one place that was a minus on our festivities. Poor
                                  service,
                                  > > >poor food. I won't even tell you what the food did to my wife!
                                  > > >Perhaps Crystal Bar in Amsterdam? Raindancer?
                                  > > >I can't think of a nice place anywhere in Johnstown or
                                  Gloversville to
                                  > > >accommodate us. Any suggestions?
                                  > > >
                                  > > >We can think about it in the upcoming months...
                                  > > >
                                  > > >Gino
                                  > > >
                                  > > >--
                                  > > >www.ginosrailpage.com
                                  > > >www.fjgrr.org
                                  > >

                                  > > Visit Gino's Railpage at
                                  > > http://www.lostlandmarks.org
                                  > > Visit Charles P. Woolever's Existing Railroad Stations in New
                                  York State at
                                  > > http://ny.existingstations.com/

                                  Service.