RE: [FJGRailroad] Get Together 2005

  • choochoo1802@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 24 , Jul 2, 2005
      If everything goes alright I'll be there. I was planning to go to the
      monthly meeting in May,but ended up in the hospital with chest pains.
      Pulled muscle,nothing serious,but rest for couple of days.I know I said
      I'll be there,but thats why I never made it. Mark
    • choochoo1802@webtv.net
      Message 2 of 24 , Jul 2, 2005
        Paul- Better put me down for a yes. If I have to work on the next day,I
        wont stay for dinner,I have a good chance getting that whole weekend
        off. These CSX's detour trains are keeping us very busy.Mark
        Message 3 of 24 , Jul 2, 2005
          Mark, you're on the list.

          PKL

          Message 4 of 24 , Jul 4, 2005
            I think you're working too hard on the Suzy-Q Mark! Be careful, don't
            Let the railroad keep you from having fun on your days off..

            Message 5 of 24 , Jul 5, 2005
              Gino I will be there.

              Steve L

              Message 6 of 24 , Jul 6, 2005
                I sure hope so!!!!

                --
                www.ginosrailpage.com
                www.fjgrr.org
                Message 7 of 24 , Jul 16, 2005
                  Hi guys,

                  Once again, anyone who hasn't contacted me about The
                  Get Together,
                  please drop me a line at fjgrailroad@.... For
                  the last few years I've been putting together a
                  booklet for the event. Nothing fancy, just a
                  little keepsake. I'd like to do the same again, and
                  I like to have enough for everyone! Paul Charland has
                  type set a repo of an FJG Time Table and I plan on
                  including that! Pictures, maps, that sort of thing.

                  That's all...

                  gino

                  http://mail.yahoo.com
                  Message 8 of 24 , Aug 10 7:45 AM
                    Hi guys,

                    We had a good time at this year's get-together. Sorry we missed you.
                    If you wanted to learn the history of the FJ&G, Paul's PowerPoint
                    presentation on the line was a good place to start. Keep your
                    calendars open for next year. The early plan is to charter a bus and
                    travel all of the FJ&G's bus routes. I don't know about you guys, but
                    it sounds like a great time to me. Also, we need to plan in advance
                    our dinner plans. I for one am not going back to The Rail Yard. That
                    is the one place that was a minus on our festivities. Poor service,
                    poor food. I won't even tell you what the food did to my wife!
                    Perhaps Crystal Bar in Amsterdam? Raindancer?
                    I can't think of a nice place anywhere in Johnstown or Gloversville to
                    accommodate us. Any suggestions?

                    We can think about it in the upcoming months...

                    www.ginosrailpage.com
                    www.fjgrr.org
                  • choochoo1802@webtv.net
                    Message 9 of 24 , Aug 10 7:11 PM
                      Gino-Did you guys make it to Tegoes for lunch? How about ice cream at
                      Vail Mills? Mark
                      Message 10 of 24 , Aug 10 7:59 PM
                        New York Lunch for hot dogs Mark. Tegoes was closed, but they wouldn't
                        have
                        Had enough room anyways! I guess Paul and some people went to Vail
                        Mills
                        After dinner. I had to go to my mother's and get my birthday present
                        and my
                        Kids!

                        Message 11 of 24 , Aug 10 9:12 PM
                          Ginno, weren't you at the same restaurant Sally and I ate? Anyone else
                          unhappy withe the food or service. The waitress was a former acquaintance
                          of Gino's.

                          PKL

                          Message 12 of 24 , Aug 10 9:39 PM
                            Tegeos was closed so we made a stop at NY Lunch on Bleeker Street. Yes,
                            several of us stopped for ice cream at Vail Mills on our ways back to motel
                            and homes.

                            PKL

                            Message 13 of 24 , Aug 11 12:17 AM
                              Maybe it was just my end of the table. My food wasn't very good and I mentioned
                              that my wife was slightly sick. Steve and his wife weren't very happy
                              either. Yes,
                              I used to work with the waitress and she was just as bossy there too.
                              Don't get me
                              wrong, we've had some great dinners at the RailYard, Rich Finn wrote me to say
                              his meal was wonderful, I was just wondering if there was another
                              place we can try.
                              I know how much you like it and you're more than welcome to remain there every
                              August. Just don't put me on the guest list next year!

                              Gino

                              --
                              www.ginosrailpage.com
                              www.fjgrr.org
                              Message 14 of 24 , Aug 11 4:54 AM
                                Good morning, all

                                The only disappointment Sandy and I had was that they couldn't find
                                enough clams to get us a bucket of steamers. We had them last year,
                                and they were the best we have ever had. That is a pretty good
                                compliment from coastal folk. Otherwise we were pleased.

                                Most clams were environmentally polluted this spring from a shore
                                condition called.....THE RED TIDE!.

                                Dick

                                On Aug 11, 2005, at 12:12 AM, paul larner wrote:

                                > Ginno, weren't you at the same restaurant Sally and I ate? Anyone
                                > else
                                > unhappy withe the food or service. The waitress was a former
                                > acquaintance
                                > of Gino's.
                                >
                                > PKL

                              • Richard Finn
                                Message 15 of 24 , Aug 11 4:57 AM
                                  "Time heals every wound"
                                  or, is it
                                  "Time wounds every heel"?

                                  Dick

                                  On Aug 11, 2005, at 3:17 AM, Gino's Railpage wrote:

                                  > Maybe it was just my end of the table. My food wasn't very good
                                  > and I mentioned
                                  > that my wife was slightly sick. Steve and his wife weren't very happy
                                  > either. Yes,
                                  > I used to work with the waitress and she was just as bossy there too.
                                  > Don't get me
                                  > wrong, we've had some great dinners at the RailYard, Rich Finn
                                  > wrote me to say
                                  > his meal was wonderful, I was just wondering if there was another
                                  > place we can try.
                                  > I know how much you like it and you're more than welcome to remain
                                  > there every
                                  > August. Just don't put me on the guest list next year!
                                  >
                                  > Gino
                                  >
                                  > On 8/11/05, paul larner <pklarner@...> wrote:
                                  > > Ginno, weren't you at the same restaurant Sally and I ate?
                                  > Anyone else
                                  > > unhappy withe the food or service. The waitress was a former
                                  > acquaintance
                                  > > of Gino's.
                                  > >
                                  > > PKL

                                • stevefjg30
                                  Message 16 of 24 , Aug 11 6:55 PM
                                    I agree with Gino> I think we should try something new next year. I
                                    had a great time.Every year I seem to be sick whenever we have the
                                    get together.Maybe next year I'll start taking cold meds two weeks
                                    before the get together.

                                    Steve L

                                    GRailroad@yahoogroups.com, Gino's Railpage <fjgrailroad@g...> wrote:
                                    > Maybe it was just my end of the table. My food wasn't very good
                                    and I mentioned
                                    > that my wife was slightly sick. Steve and his wife weren't very
                                    happy
                                    > either. Yes,
                                    > I used to work with the waitress and she was just as bossy there
                                    too.
                                    > Don't get me
                                    > wrong, we've had some great dinners at the RailYard, Rich Finn
                                    wrote me to say
                                    > his meal was wonderful, I was just wondering if there was another
                                    > place we can try.
                                    > I know how much you like it and you're more than welcome to remain
                                    there every
                                    > August. Just don't put me on the guest list next year!
                                    >
                                    > Gino
                                    >
                                    > On 8/11/05, paul larner <pklarner@h...> wrote:
                                    > > Ginno, weren't you at the same restaurant Sally and I ate?
                                    Anyone else
                                    > > unhappy withe the food or service. The waitress was a former
                                    acquaintance
                                    > > of Gino's.
                                    > >
                                    > > PKL
                                    > >

                                    > > >From: Gino's Railpage <fjgrailroad@g...>
                                    > > >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
                                    > > >Subject: [FJGRailroad] Get Together 2005
                                    > > >Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 10:45:08 -0400
                                    > >

                                    > > >Hi guys,
                                    > > >
                                    > > >We had a good time at this year's get-together. Sorry we
                                    missed you.
                                    > > >If you wanted to learn the history of the FJ&G, Paul's
                                    PowerPoint
                                    > > >presentation on the line was a good place to start. Keep your
                                    > > >calendars open for next year. The early plan is to charter a
                                    bus and
                                    > > >travel all of the FJ&G's bus routes. I don't know about you
                                    guys, but
                                    > > >it sounds like a great time to me. Also, we need to plan in
                                    advance
                                    > > >our dinner plans. I for one am not going back to The Rail
                                    Yard. That
                                    > > >is the one place that was a minus on our festivities. Poor
                                    service,
                                    > > >poor food. I won't even tell you what the food did to my wife!
                                    > > >Perhaps Crystal Bar in Amsterdam? Raindancer?
                                    > > >I can't think of a nice place anywhere in Johnstown or
                                    Gloversville to
                                    > > >accommodate us. Any suggestions?
                                    > > >
                                    > > >We can think about it in the upcoming months...
                                    > > >
                                    > > >Gino
                                    > > >
                                    > > >--
                                    > > >www.ginosrailpage.com
                                    > > >www.fjgrr.org
                                    > >

                                    > > Visit Gino's Railpage at
                                    > > http://www.lostlandmarks.org
                                    > > Visit Charles P. Woolever's Existing Railroad Stations in New
                                    York State at
                                    > > http://ny.existingstations.com/

                                    Service.