RE: [FJGRailroad] Get Together 2005

    Message 1 of 24 , Jul 1, 2005
      Always good to have you Dick! Patriots fan or not!

      Message 2 of 24 , Jul 1, 2005
        Mark will you ge there for the dinner?

        PKL

      • choochoo1802@webtv.net
        Message 3 of 24 , Jul 2, 2005
          If everything goes alright I'll be there. I was planning to go to the
          monthly meeting in May,but ended up in the hospital with chest pains.
          Pulled muscle,nothing serious,but rest for couple of days.I know I said
          I'll be there,but thats why I never made it. Mark
        • choochoo1802@webtv.net
          Message 4 of 24 , Jul 2, 2005
            Paul- Better put me down for a yes. If I have to work on the next day,I
            wont stay for dinner,I have a good chance getting that whole weekend
            off. These CSX's detour trains are keeping us very busy.Mark
            Message 5 of 24 , Jul 2, 2005
              Mark, you're on the list.

              PKL

              Message 6 of 24 , Jul 4, 2005
                I think you're working too hard on the Suzy-Q Mark! Be careful, don't
                Let the railroad keep you from having fun on your days off..

                Message 7 of 24 , Jul 5, 2005
                  Gino I will be there.

                  Steve L

                  Message 8 of 24 , Jul 6, 2005
                    I sure hope so!!!!

                    --
                    www.ginosrailpage.com
                    www.fjgrr.org
                    Message 9 of 24 , Jul 16, 2005
                      Hi guys,

                      Once again, anyone who hasn't contacted me about The
                      Get Together,
                      please drop me a line at fjgrailroad@.... For
                      the last few years I've been putting together a
                      booklet for the event. Nothing fancy, just a
                      little keepsake. I'd like to do the same again, and
                      I like to have enough for everyone! Paul Charland has
                      type set a repo of an FJG Time Table and I plan on
                      including that! Pictures, maps, that sort of thing.

                      That's all...

                      gino

                      http://mail.yahoo.com
                      Message 10 of 24 , Aug 10, 2005
                        Hi guys,

                        We had a good time at this year's get-together. Sorry we missed you.
                        If you wanted to learn the history of the FJ&G, Paul's PowerPoint
                        presentation on the line was a good place to start. Keep your
                        calendars open for next year. The early plan is to charter a bus and
                        travel all of the FJ&G's bus routes. I don't know about you guys, but
                        it sounds like a great time to me. Also, we need to plan in advance
                        our dinner plans. I for one am not going back to The Rail Yard. That
                        is the one place that was a minus on our festivities. Poor service,
                        poor food. I won't even tell you what the food did to my wife!
                        Perhaps Crystal Bar in Amsterdam? Raindancer?
                        I can't think of a nice place anywhere in Johnstown or Gloversville to
                        accommodate us. Any suggestions?

                        We can think about it in the upcoming months...

                        www.ginosrailpage.com
                        www.fjgrr.org
                      • choochoo1802@webtv.net
                        Message 11 of 24 , Aug 10, 2005
                          Gino-Did you guys make it to Tegoes for lunch? How about ice cream at
                          Vail Mills? Mark
                          Message 12 of 24 , Aug 10, 2005
                            New York Lunch for hot dogs Mark. Tegoes was closed, but they wouldn't
                            have
                            Had enough room anyways! I guess Paul and some people went to Vail
                            Mills
                            After dinner. I had to go to my mother's and get my birthday present
                            and my
                            Kids!

                            Message 13 of 24 , Aug 10, 2005
                              Ginno, weren't you at the same restaurant Sally and I ate? Anyone else
                              unhappy withe the food or service. The waitress was a former acquaintance
                              of Gino's.

                              PKL

                              Message 14 of 24 , Aug 10, 2005
                                Tegeos was closed so we made a stop at NY Lunch on Bleeker Street. Yes,
                                several of us stopped for ice cream at Vail Mills on our ways back to motel
                                and homes.

                                PKL

                                Message 15 of 24 , Aug 11, 2005
                                  Maybe it was just my end of the table. My food wasn't very good and I mentioned
                                  that my wife was slightly sick. Steve and his wife weren't very happy
                                  either. Yes,
                                  I used to work with the waitress and she was just as bossy there too.
                                  Don't get me
                                  wrong, we've had some great dinners at the RailYard, Rich Finn wrote me to say
                                  his meal was wonderful, I was just wondering if there was another
                                  place we can try.
                                  I know how much you like it and you're more than welcome to remain there every
                                  August. Just don't put me on the guest list next year!

                                  Gino

                                  --
                                  www.ginosrailpage.com
                                  www.fjgrr.org
                                  Message 16 of 24 , Aug 11, 2005
                                    Good morning, all

                                    The only disappointment Sandy and I had was that they couldn't find
                                    enough clams to get us a bucket of steamers. We had them last year,
                                    and they were the best we have ever had. That is a pretty good
                                    compliment from coastal folk. Otherwise we were pleased.

                                    Most clams were environmentally polluted this spring from a shore
                                    condition called.....THE RED TIDE!.

                                    Dick

                                    On Aug 11, 2005, at 12:12 AM, paul larner wrote:

                                    > Ginno, weren't you at the same restaurant Sally and I ate? Anyone
                                    > else
                                    > unhappy withe the food or service. The waitress was a former
                                    > acquaintance
                                    > of Gino's.
                                    >
                                    > PKL

                                  • Richard Finn
                                    Message 17 of 24 , Aug 11, 2005
                                      "Time heals every wound"
                                      or, is it
                                      "Time wounds every heel"?

                                      Dick

                                      On Aug 11, 2005, at 3:17 AM, Gino's Railpage wrote:

                                      > Maybe it was just my end of the table. My food wasn't very good
                                      > and I mentioned
                                      > that my wife was slightly sick. Steve and his wife weren't very happy
                                      > either. Yes,
                                      > I used to work with the waitress and she was just as bossy there too.
                                      > Don't get me
                                      > wrong, we've had some great dinners at the RailYard, Rich Finn
                                      > wrote me to say
                                      > his meal was wonderful, I was just wondering if there was another
                                      > place we can try.
                                      > I know how much you like it and you're more than welcome to remain
                                      > there every
                                      > August. Just don't put me on the guest list next year!
                                      >
                                      > Gino
                                      >
                                      > On 8/11/05, paul larner <pklarner@...> wrote:
                                      > > Ginno, weren't you at the same restaurant Sally and I ate?
                                      > Anyone else
                                      > > unhappy withe the food or service. The waitress was a former
                                      > acquaintance
                                      > > of Gino's.
                                      > >
                                      > > PKL

                                    • stevefjg30
                                      Message 18 of 24 , Aug 11, 2005
                                        I agree with Gino> I think we should try something new next year. I
                                        had a great time.Every year I seem to be sick whenever we have the
                                        get together.Maybe next year I'll start taking cold meds two weeks
                                        before the get together.

                                        Steve L

                                        GRailroad@yahoogroups.com, Gino's Railpage <fjgrailroad@g...> wrote:
                                        > Maybe it was just my end of the table. My food wasn't very good
                                        and I mentioned
                                        > that my wife was slightly sick. Steve and his wife weren't very
                                        happy
                                        > either. Yes,
                                        > I used to work with the waitress and she was just as bossy there
                                        too.
                                        > Don't get me
                                        > wrong, we've had some great dinners at the RailYard, Rich Finn
                                        wrote me to say
                                        > his meal was wonderful, I was just wondering if there was another
                                        > place we can try.
                                        > I know how much you like it and you're more than welcome to remain
                                        there every
                                        > August. Just don't put me on the guest list next year!
                                        >
                                        > Gino
                                        >
                                        > On 8/11/05, paul larner <pklarner@h...> wrote:
                                        > > Ginno, weren't you at the same restaurant Sally and I ate?
                                        Anyone else
                                        > > unhappy withe the food or service. The waitress was a former
                                        acquaintance
                                        > > of Gino's.
                                        > >
                                        > > PKL
                                        > >

                                        > > >From: Gino's Railpage <fjgrailroad@g...>
                                        > > >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
                                        > > >Subject: [FJGRailroad] Get Together 2005
                                        > > >Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 10:45:08 -0400
                                        > >

                                        > > >Hi guys,
                                        > > >
                                        > > >We had a good time at this year's get-together. Sorry we
                                        missed you.
                                        > > >If you wanted to learn the history of the FJ&G, Paul's
                                        PowerPoint
                                        > > >presentation on the line was a good place to start. Keep your
                                        > > >calendars open for next year. The early plan is to charter a
                                        bus and
                                        > > >travel all of the FJ&G's bus routes. I don't know about you
                                        guys, but
                                        > > >it sounds like a great time to me. Also, we need to plan in
                                        advance
                                        > > >our dinner plans. I for one am not going back to The Rail
                                        Yard. That
                                        > > >is the one place that was a minus on our festivities. Poor
                                        service,
                                        > > >poor food. I won't even tell you what the food did to my wife!
                                        > > >Perhaps Crystal Bar in Amsterdam? Raindancer?
                                        > > >I can't think of a nice place anywhere in Johnstown or
                                        Gloversville to
                                        > > >accommodate us. Any suggestions?
                                        > > >
                                        > > >We can think about it in the upcoming months...
                                        > > >
                                        > > >Gino
                                        > > >
                                        > > >--
                                        > > >www.ginosrailpage.com
                                        > > >www.fjgrr.org
                                        > >

                                        > > Visit Gino's Railpage at
                                        > > http://www.lostlandmarks.org
                                        > > Visit Charles P. Woolever's Existing Railroad Stations in New
                                        York State at
                                        > > http://ny.existingstations.com/

                                        Service.