Re: [FJGRailroad] Get Together 2005

  • Richard Finn
    Message 1 of 24 , Jul 1, 2005
      Dick Finn will "report for duty".

      Message 2 of 24 , Jul 1, 2005
        Alright Mark, we'll be looking forward to seeing you!

        gino

        Message 3 of 24 , Jul 1, 2005
          Always good to have you Dick! Patriots fan or not!

          Message 4 of 24 , Jul 1, 2005
            Mark will you ge there for the dinner?

            PKL

          • choochoo1802@webtv.net
            Message 5 of 24 , Jul 2, 2005
              If everything goes alright I'll be there. I was planning to go to the
              monthly meeting in May,but ended up in the hospital with chest pains.
              Pulled muscle,nothing serious,but rest for couple of days.I know I said
              I'll be there,but thats why I never made it. Mark
            • choochoo1802@webtv.net
              Message 6 of 24 , Jul 2, 2005
                Paul- Better put me down for a yes. If I have to work on the next day,I
                wont stay for dinner,I have a good chance getting that whole weekend
                off. These CSX's detour trains are keeping us very busy.Mark
                Message 7 of 24 , Jul 2, 2005
                  Mark, you're on the list.

                  PKL

                  Message 8 of 24 , Jul 4, 2005
                    I think you're working too hard on the Suzy-Q Mark! Be careful, don't
                    Let the railroad keep you from having fun on your days off..

                    Message 9 of 24 , Jul 5, 2005
                      Gino I will be there.

                      Steve L

                      Message 10 of 24 , Jul 6, 2005
                        I sure hope so!!!!

                        --
                        www.ginosrailpage.com
                        www.fjgrr.org
                        Message 11 of 24 , Jul 16, 2005
                          Hi guys,

                          Once again, anyone who hasn't contacted me about The
                          Get Together,
                          please drop me a line at fjgrailroad@.... For
                          the last few years I've been putting together a
                          booklet for the event. Nothing fancy, just a
                          little keepsake. I'd like to do the same again, and
                          I like to have enough for everyone! Paul Charland has
                          type set a repo of an FJG Time Table and I plan on
                          including that! Pictures, maps, that sort of thing.

                          That's all...

                          gino

                          http://mail.yahoo.com
                          Message 12 of 24 , Aug 10, 2005
                            Hi guys,

                            We had a good time at this year's get-together. Sorry we missed you.
                            If you wanted to learn the history of the FJ&G, Paul's PowerPoint
                            presentation on the line was a good place to start. Keep your
                            calendars open for next year. The early plan is to charter a bus and
                            travel all of the FJ&G's bus routes. I don't know about you guys, but
                            it sounds like a great time to me. Also, we need to plan in advance
                            our dinner plans. I for one am not going back to The Rail Yard. That
                            is the one place that was a minus on our festivities. Poor service,
                            poor food. I won't even tell you what the food did to my wife!
                            Perhaps Crystal Bar in Amsterdam? Raindancer?
                            I can't think of a nice place anywhere in Johnstown or Gloversville to
                            accommodate us. Any suggestions?

                            We can think about it in the upcoming months...

                            www.ginosrailpage.com
                            www.fjgrr.org
                          • choochoo1802@webtv.net
                            Message 13 of 24 , Aug 10, 2005
                              Gino-Did you guys make it to Tegoes for lunch? How about ice cream at
                              Vail Mills? Mark
                              Message 14 of 24 , Aug 10, 2005
                                New York Lunch for hot dogs Mark. Tegoes was closed, but they wouldn't
                                have
                                Had enough room anyways! I guess Paul and some people went to Vail
                                Mills
                                After dinner. I had to go to my mother's and get my birthday present
                                and my
                                Kids!

                                Message 15 of 24 , Aug 10, 2005
                                  Ginno, weren't you at the same restaurant Sally and I ate? Anyone else
                                  unhappy withe the food or service. The waitress was a former acquaintance
                                  of Gino's.

                                  PKL

                                  Message 16 of 24 , Aug 10, 2005
                                    Tegeos was closed so we made a stop at NY Lunch on Bleeker Street. Yes,
                                    several of us stopped for ice cream at Vail Mills on our ways back to motel
                                    and homes.

                                    PKL

                                    Message 17 of 24 , Aug 11, 2005
                                      Maybe it was just my end of the table. My food wasn't very good and I mentioned
                                      that my wife was slightly sick. Steve and his wife weren't very happy
                                      either. Yes,
                                      I used to work with the waitress and she was just as bossy there too.
                                      Don't get me
                                      wrong, we've had some great dinners at the RailYard, Rich Finn wrote me to say
                                      his meal was wonderful, I was just wondering if there was another
                                      place we can try.
                                      I know how much you like it and you're more than welcome to remain there every
                                      August. Just don't put me on the guest list next year!

                                      Gino

                                      --
                                      www.ginosrailpage.com
                                      www.fjgrr.org
                                      Message 18 of 24 , Aug 11, 2005
                                        Good morning, all

                                        The only disappointment Sandy and I had was that they couldn't find
                                        enough clams to get us a bucket of steamers. We had them last year,
                                        and they were the best we have ever had. That is a pretty good
                                        compliment from coastal folk. Otherwise we were pleased.

                                        Most clams were environmentally polluted this spring from a shore
                                        condition called.....THE RED TIDE!.

                                        Dick

                                        On Aug 11, 2005, at 12:12 AM, paul larner wrote:

                                        > Ginno, weren't you at the same restaurant Sally and I ate? Anyone
                                        > else
                                        > unhappy withe the food or service. The waitress was a former
                                        > acquaintance
                                        > of Gino's.
                                        >
                                        > PKL

                                      • Richard Finn
                                        Message 19 of 24 , Aug 11, 2005
                                          "Time heals every wound"
                                          or, is it
                                          "Time wounds every heel"?

                                          Dick

                                          On Aug 11, 2005, at 3:17 AM, Gino's Railpage wrote:

                                          > Maybe it was just my end of the table. My food wasn't very good
                                          > and I mentioned
                                          > that my wife was slightly sick. Steve and his wife weren't very happy
                                          > either. Yes,
                                          > I used to work with the waitress and she was just as bossy there too.
                                          > Don't get me
                                          > wrong, we've had some great dinners at the RailYard, Rich Finn
                                          > wrote me to say
                                          > his meal was wonderful, I was just wondering if there was another
                                          > place we can try.
                                          > I know how much you like it and you're more than welcome to remain
                                          > there every
                                          > August. Just don't put me on the guest list next year!
                                          >
                                          > Gino
                                          >
                                          > On 8/11/05, paul larner <pklarner@...> wrote:
                                          > > Ginno, weren't you at the same restaurant Sally and I ate?
                                          > Anyone else
                                          > > unhappy withe the food or service. The waitress was a former
                                          > acquaintance
                                          > > of Gino's.
                                          > >
                                          > > PKL

                                        • stevefjg30
                                          Message 20 of 24 , Aug 11, 2005
                                            I agree with Gino> I think we should try something new next year. I
                                            had a great time.Every year I seem to be sick whenever we have the
                                            get together.Maybe next year I'll start taking cold meds two weeks
                                            before the get together.

                                            Steve L

                                            GRailroad@yahoogroups.com, Gino's Railpage <fjgrailroad@g...> wrote:
                                            > Maybe it was just my end of the table. My food wasn't very good
                                            and I mentioned
                                            > that my wife was slightly sick. Steve and his wife weren't very
                                            happy
                                            > either. Yes,
                                            > I used to work with the waitress and she was just as bossy there
                                            too.
                                            > Don't get me
                                            > wrong, we've had some great dinners at the RailYard, Rich Finn
                                            wrote me to say
                                            > his meal was wonderful, I was just wondering if there was another
                                            > place we can try.
                                            > I know how much you like it and you're more than welcome to remain
                                            there every
                                            > August. Just don't put me on the guest list next year!
                                            >
                                            > Gino
                                            >
                                            > On 8/11/05, paul larner <pklarner@h...> wrote:
                                            > > Ginno, weren't you at the same restaurant Sally and I ate?
                                            Anyone else
                                            > > unhappy withe the food or service. The waitress was a former
                                            acquaintance
                                            > > of Gino's.
                                            > >
                                            > > PKL
                                            > >

                                            > > >From: Gino's Railpage <fjgrailroad@g...>
                                            > > >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
                                            > > >Subject: [FJGRailroad] Get Together 2005
                                            > > >Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 10:45:08 -0400
                                            > >

                                            > > >Hi guys,
                                            > > >
                                            > > >We had a good time at this year's get-together. Sorry we
                                            missed you.
                                            > > >If you wanted to learn the history of the FJ&G, Paul's
                                            PowerPoint
                                            > > >presentation on the line was a good place to start. Keep your
                                            > > >calendars open for next year. The early plan is to charter a
                                            bus and
                                            > > >travel all of the FJ&G's bus routes. I don't know about you
                                            guys, but
                                            > > >it sounds like a great time to me. Also, we need to plan in
                                            advance
                                            > > >our dinner plans. I for one am not going back to The Rail
                                            Yard. That
                                            > > >is the one place that was a minus on our festivities. Poor
                                            service,
                                            > > >poor food. I won't even tell you what the food did to my wife!
                                            > > >Perhaps Crystal Bar in Amsterdam? Raindancer?
                                            > > >I can't think of a nice place anywhere in Johnstown or
                                            Gloversville to
                                            > > >accommodate us. Any suggestions?
                                            > > >
                                            > > >We can think about it in the upcoming months...
                                            > > >
                                            > > >Gino
                                            > > >
                                            > > >--
                                            > > >www.ginosrailpage.com
                                            > > >www.fjgrr.org
                                            > >

                                            > > Visit Gino's Railpage at
                                            > > http://www.lostlandmarks.org
                                            > > Visit Charles P. Woolever's Existing Railroad Stations in New
                                            York State at
                                            > > http://ny.existingstations.com/

                                            Service.