RE: [FJGRailroad] Get Together 2005

    Message 1 of 24 , Jul 1 4:43 PM
      Great to have you Jerry!

      From: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com [mailto:FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com]
      On Behalf Of Gerald Snyder
      Sent: Friday, July 01, 2005 6:54 PM
      To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] Get Together 2005

      I'll be there Gino.
      Jerry

      --- "Dicarlo, Gino" <Gino.Dicarlo@...> wrote:
    • choochoo1802@webtv.net
      Message 2 of 24 , Jul 1 7:17 PM
        Put me down also . Mark
      • Richard Finn
        Message 3 of 24 , Jul 1 7:31 PM
          Dick Finn will "report for duty".

          Message 4 of 24 , Jul 1 7:48 PM
            Alright Mark, we'll be looking forward to seeing you!

            gino

            Message 5 of 24 , Jul 1 7:48 PM
              Always good to have you Dick! Patriots fan or not!

              Message 6 of 24 , Jul 1 9:50 PM
                Mark will you ge there for the dinner?

                PKL

              • choochoo1802@webtv.net
                Message 7 of 24 , Jul 2 7:39 PM
                  If everything goes alright I'll be there. I was planning to go to the
                  monthly meeting in May,but ended up in the hospital with chest pains.
                  Pulled muscle,nothing serious,but rest for couple of days.I know I said
                  I'll be there,but thats why I never made it. Mark
                • choochoo1802@webtv.net
                  Message 8 of 24 , Jul 2 7:43 PM
                    Paul- Better put me down for a yes. If I have to work on the next day,I
                    wont stay for dinner,I have a good chance getting that whole weekend
                    off. These CSX's detour trains are keeping us very busy.Mark
                    Message 9 of 24 , Jul 2 10:25 PM
                      Mark, you're on the list.

                      PKL

                      Message 10 of 24 , Jul 4 7:26 AM
                        I think you're working too hard on the Suzy-Q Mark! Be careful, don't
                        Let the railroad keep you from having fun on your days off..

                        Message 11 of 24 , Jul 5 2:16 PM
                          Gino I will be there.

                          Steve L

                          Message 12 of 24 , Jul 6 12:07 AM
                            I sure hope so!!!!

                            --
                            www.ginosrailpage.com
                            www.fjgrr.org
                            Message 13 of 24 , Jul 16 2:56 AM
                              Hi guys,

                              Once again, anyone who hasn't contacted me about The
                              Get Together,
                              please drop me a line at fjgrailroad@.... For
                              the last few years I've been putting together a
                              booklet for the event. Nothing fancy, just a
                              little keepsake. I'd like to do the same again, and
                              I like to have enough for everyone! Paul Charland has
                              type set a repo of an FJG Time Table and I plan on
                              including that! Pictures, maps, that sort of thing.

                              That's all...

                              gino

                              http://mail.yahoo.com
                              Message 14 of 24 , Aug 10, 2005
                                Hi guys,

                                We had a good time at this year's get-together. Sorry we missed you.
                                If you wanted to learn the history of the FJ&G, Paul's PowerPoint
                                presentation on the line was a good place to start. Keep your
                                calendars open for next year. The early plan is to charter a bus and
                                travel all of the FJ&G's bus routes. I don't know about you guys, but
                                it sounds like a great time to me. Also, we need to plan in advance
                                our dinner plans. I for one am not going back to The Rail Yard. That
                                is the one place that was a minus on our festivities. Poor service,
                                poor food. I won't even tell you what the food did to my wife!
                                Perhaps Crystal Bar in Amsterdam? Raindancer?
                                I can't think of a nice place anywhere in Johnstown or Gloversville to
                                accommodate us. Any suggestions?

                                We can think about it in the upcoming months...

                                www.ginosrailpage.com
                                www.fjgrr.org
                              • choochoo1802@webtv.net
                                Message 15 of 24 , Aug 10, 2005
                                  Gino-Did you guys make it to Tegoes for lunch? How about ice cream at
                                  Vail Mills? Mark
                                  Message 16 of 24 , Aug 10, 2005
                                    New York Lunch for hot dogs Mark. Tegoes was closed, but they wouldn't
                                    have
                                    Had enough room anyways! I guess Paul and some people went to Vail
                                    Mills
                                    After dinner. I had to go to my mother's and get my birthday present
                                    and my
                                    Kids!

                                    Message 17 of 24 , Aug 10, 2005
                                      Ginno, weren't you at the same restaurant Sally and I ate? Anyone else
                                      unhappy withe the food or service. The waitress was a former acquaintance
                                      of Gino's.

                                      PKL

                                      Message 18 of 24 , Aug 10, 2005
                                        Tegeos was closed so we made a stop at NY Lunch on Bleeker Street. Yes,
                                        several of us stopped for ice cream at Vail Mills on our ways back to motel
                                        and homes.

                                        PKL

                                        Message 19 of 24 , Aug 11, 2005
                                          Maybe it was just my end of the table. My food wasn't very good and I mentioned
                                          that my wife was slightly sick. Steve and his wife weren't very happy
                                          either. Yes,
                                          I used to work with the waitress and she was just as bossy there too.
                                          Don't get me
                                          wrong, we've had some great dinners at the RailYard, Rich Finn wrote me to say
                                          his meal was wonderful, I was just wondering if there was another
                                          place we can try.
                                          I know how much you like it and you're more than welcome to remain there every
                                          August. Just don't put me on the guest list next year!

                                          Gino

                                          --
                                          www.ginosrailpage.com
                                          www.fjgrr.org
                                          Message 20 of 24 , Aug 11, 2005
                                            Good morning, all

                                            The only disappointment Sandy and I had was that they couldn't find
                                            enough clams to get us a bucket of steamers. We had them last year,
                                            and they were the best we have ever had. That is a pretty good
                                            compliment from coastal folk. Otherwise we were pleased.

                                            Most clams were environmentally polluted this spring from a shore
                                            condition called.....THE RED TIDE!.

                                            Dick

                                            On Aug 11, 2005, at 12:12 AM, paul larner wrote:

                                            > Ginno, weren't you at the same restaurant Sally and I ate? Anyone
                                            > else
                                            > unhappy withe the food or service. The waitress was a former
                                            > acquaintance
                                            > of Gino's.
                                            >
                                            > PKL

                                          • Richard Finn
                                            Message 21 of 24 , Aug 11, 2005
                                              "Time heals every wound"
                                              or, is it
                                              "Time wounds every heel"?

                                              Dick

                                              On Aug 11, 2005, at 3:17 AM, Gino's Railpage wrote:

                                              > Maybe it was just my end of the table. My food wasn't very good
                                              > and I mentioned
                                              > that my wife was slightly sick. Steve and his wife weren't very happy
                                              > either. Yes,
                                              > I used to work with the waitress and she was just as bossy there too.
                                              > Don't get me
                                              > wrong, we've had some great dinners at the RailYard, Rich Finn
                                              > wrote me to say
                                              > his meal was wonderful, I was just wondering if there was another
                                              > place we can try.
                                              > I know how much you like it and you're more than welcome to remain
                                              > there every
                                              > August. Just don't put me on the guest list next year!
                                              >
                                              > Gino
                                              >
                                              > On 8/11/05, paul larner <pklarner@...> wrote:
                                              > > Ginno, weren't you at the same restaurant Sally and I ate?
                                              > Anyone else
                                              > > unhappy withe the food or service. The waitress was a former
                                              > acquaintance
                                              > > of Gino's.
                                              > >
                                              > > PKL

                                            • stevefjg30
                                              Message 22 of 24 , Aug 11, 2005
                                                I agree with Gino> I think we should try something new next year. I
                                                had a great time.Every year I seem to be sick whenever we have the
                                                get together.Maybe next year I'll start taking cold meds two weeks
                                                before the get together.

                                                Steve L

                                                GRailroad@yahoogroups.com, Gino's Railpage <fjgrailroad@g...> wrote:
                                                > Maybe it was just my end of the table. My food wasn't very good
                                                and I mentioned
                                                > that my wife was slightly sick. Steve and his wife weren't very
                                                happy
                                                > either. Yes,
                                                > I used to work with the waitress and she was just as bossy there
                                                too.
                                                > Don't get me
                                                > wrong, we've had some great dinners at the RailYard, Rich Finn
                                                wrote me to say
                                                > his meal was wonderful, I was just wondering if there was another
                                                > place we can try.
                                                > I know how much you like it and you're more than welcome to remain
                                                there every
                                                > August. Just don't put me on the guest list next year!
                                                >
                                                > Gino
                                                >
                                                > On 8/11/05, paul larner <pklarner@h...> wrote:
                                                > > Ginno, weren't you at the same restaurant Sally and I ate?
                                                Anyone else
                                                > > unhappy withe the food or service. The waitress was a former
                                                acquaintance
                                                > > of Gino's.
                                                > >
                                                > > PKL
                                                > >

                                                > > >From: Gino's Railpage <fjgrailroad@g...>
                                                > > >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
                                                > > >Subject: [FJGRailroad] Get Together 2005
                                                > > >Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 10:45:08 -0400
                                                > >

                                                > > >Hi guys,
                                                > > >
                                                > > >We had a good time at this year's get-together. Sorry we
                                                missed you.
                                                > > >If you wanted to learn the history of the FJ&G, Paul's
                                                PowerPoint
                                                > > >presentation on the line was a good place to start. Keep your
                                                > > >calendars open for next year. The early plan is to charter a
                                                bus and
                                                > > >travel all of the FJ&G's bus routes. I don't know about you
                                                guys, but
                                                > > >it sounds like a great time to me. Also, we need to plan in
                                                advance
                                                > > >our dinner plans. I for one am not going back to The Rail
                                                Yard. That
                                                > > >is the one place that was a minus on our festivities. Poor
                                                service,
                                                > > >poor food. I won't even tell you what the food did to my wife!
                                                > > >Perhaps Crystal Bar in Amsterdam? Raindancer?
                                                > > >I can't think of a nice place anywhere in Johnstown or
                                                Gloversville to
                                                > > >accommodate us. Any suggestions?
                                                > > >
                                                > > >We can think about it in the upcoming months...
                                                > > >
                                                > > >Gino
                                                > > >
                                                > > >--
                                                > > >www.ginosrailpage.com
                                                > > >www.fjgrr.org
                                                > >

                                                > > Visit Gino's Railpage at
                                                > > http://www.lostlandmarks.org
                                                > > Visit Charles P. Woolever's Existing Railroad Stations in New
                                                York State at
                                                > > http://ny.existingstations.com/

                                                Service.