New To FJGRR.org

  • Gino DiCarlo
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 15, 2005
      Hi guys,

      Plenty of people must be wondering if I've been neglecting the FJ&G
      page to
      work on my other projects, well the answer is YES! It's not that I've
      lost interest
      in the FJ&G, don't worry!!!! The FJ&G is my favorite railroad and she
      always will
      be.

      That brings me to this point. I have just added a handful of pictures
      to the
      web-site and instead of fishing through every page to see what's new,
      I've put
      them all in one handy-dandy spot so all my friends can find them! A
      visitor to
      the page gave me the idea and it was a good one...

      What I've added are photo's from the collection of Phil Danylak
      (Walt's little
      brother) and Jerry Snyder. Great stuff including diesels and
      trolleys. I also
      have posted one of my recent acquisitions. It is the sad photo of the
      FJ&G's
      S2s being scrapped in NJ. I thought someone would want to see it. Bring
      the Kleenex! Also, group member Dean Splittgerber sent me some great
      photos that Model Railroader Lou Sassi took of an FJG S2 in his layout.
      Most of you may have seen these, but for the rest of the world, here
      they are!

      Here is the link, I hope you'll all enjoy them....

      http://fjgrr.org/railpage42.html

      Special thanks to Walt, Phil, Jerry and Deano. These photos will be
      files into
      the regular pages after a few weeks...

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 15, 2005
        Nice job. Especially like the necessary closure photo of 20 and 21 being
        cut up.

        I picked up a half dozen more LF&D photo cards Monday. I'll get them over
        to you as soon as I get my computer problems resolved. I'm sitting here
        with the scanner box in DOS mode because for some reason I have to shut down
        windows when I load Norton, but I can't remember how to go any further.
        It's been a lot of years since I worked in DOS and then it was lightweight.
        At least I figured out what to shut down to get a good disk scan on both
        boxes. Been at this all afternoon and don't feel I've gotten anywhere. Put
        all my files on a portable drive yesterday afternoon and last night... It
        may not be cheaper but I bet it's a lot easier to just buy a new box.

        PKL

        >From: "Gino DiCarlo" <GDICARLO@...>
        >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [FJGRailroad] New To FJGRR.org
        >Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 20:26:07 -0000
        >
        >Hi guys,
        >
        >Plenty of people must be wondering if I've been neglecting the FJ&G
        >page to
        >work on my other projects, well the answer is YES! It's not that I've
        >lost interest
        >in the FJ&G, don't worry!!!! The FJ&G is my favorite railroad and she
        >always will
        >be.
        >
        >That brings me to this point. I have just added a handful of pictures
        >to the
        >web-site and instead of fishing through every page to see what's new,
        >I've put
        >them all in one handy-dandy spot so all my friends can find them! A
        >visitor to
        >the page gave me the idea and it was a good one...
        >
        >What I've added are photo's from the collection of Phil Danylak
        >(Walt's little
        >brother) and Jerry Snyder. Great stuff including diesels and
        >trolleys. I also
        >have posted one of my recent acquisitions. It is the sad photo of the
        >FJ&G's
        >S2s being scrapped in NJ. I thought someone would want to see it. Bring
        >the Kleenex! Also, group member Dean Splittgerber sent me some great
        >photos that Model Railroader Lou Sassi took of an FJG S2 in his layout.
        >Most of you may have seen these, but for the rest of the world, here
        >they are!
        >
        >Here is the link, I hope you'll all enjoy them....
        >
        >http://fjgrr.org/railpage42.html
        >
        >Special thanks to Walt, Phil, Jerry and Deano. These photos will be
        >files into
        >the regular pages after a few weeks...
        >
        >Gino

      • Dean Splittgerber
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 15, 2005
          Thanks for posting Lou's photos of my engine and providing those great photos. B&W doesn't do justice for #20 and #21. Deano

          Gino DiCarlo <GDICARLO@...> wrote:
[...]

          Visit Gino's Railpage at
          Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page
          http://www.lostlandmarks.org
          http://ny.existingstations.com/

          Dean J. Splittgerber
          Scotia, NY

          WWW.FJGRR.ORG

          WWW.GINOSRAILPAGE.COM

          http://mail.yahoo.com

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 15, 2005
            You need to do something on the Schoharie Valley and Schoharie and
            Middleburg. I have a couple postcards and other photos you might be able to
            use there.

            PKL

            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 15, 2005
              That's another project I'd like to do Paul! You scan your stuff up and
              I'll do the rest!

              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 15, 2005
                You'll get it. I just got back on line but now have to load all the
                programs. The scanner box is still onthe fritz.

                PKL

                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 15, 2005
                  Message
                  I'm sorry Dean, I failed to mention that the FJ&G S2 in Lou Sassi's photos is Dean Splittengerber's.
                  Lou was using it in his layout for a photo story that I believe will be in Model Railroader.  Maybe Dean
                  can shine some light on this.  This engine is former property of Steve Lamora which was painted and
                  detailed by Jim Brooks.