RE: [FJGRailroad] FJ&G Sign on Ebay

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 11, 2005
      THe woman who is offering them says she knows nothing about their origin
      (she has more than one); she found them in a hardware store she once
      owned??? There is nothing to reproduce. I know of no place this sign or
      similar, meaning correct dimensions for the logo, ever existed in the real
      world. These are frauds, fakes or whatever you might want to call them that
      may be more polite.

      PKL

      >From: "fjg1870" <waltdanylak@...>
      >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [FJGRailroad] FJ&G Sign on Ebay
      >Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 09:36:13 -0000
      >
      >Group,
      >
      >Noticed a modified FJ&G repo sign on Ebay. Description says it is only
      >7"x7". Does anyone know who made the sign? The bid is already over $20.
      >Seems like to me we could have the correct sign made and sell them for
      >a lot less then $20.
      >
      >Walt

    • Richard Finn
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 12, 2005
        Ahah! "Caveat Emptor"

        Thanks for the info. I am glad that I have been outbid on it. But I
        bid it only for decoration, not for speculation.

        Dick

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 12, 2005
          Yeah, I saw the sign. I wonder if the person who is bidding on it knows that
          it's not an original item. Still neat, but not authentic...

          Gino

          On 6/11/05, fjg1870 <waltdanylak@...> wrote:
          > Group,
          >
          > Noticed a modified FJ&G repo sign on Ebay. Description says it is only
          > 7"x7". Does anyone know who made the sign? The bid is already over $20.
          > Seems like to me we could have the correct sign made and sell them for
          > a lot less then $20.
          >
          > Walt
          >

          > Visit Gino's Railpage at
          > Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page
          > http://www.lostlandmarks.org

          www.ginosrailpage.com
          www.fjgrr.org
        • Richard Finn
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 15, 2005
            The seller's eBay handle should be a clue: "Heyrube 17"