FJ&G Sign on Ebay

  • fjg1870
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 11, 2005
      Group,

      Noticed a modified FJ&G repo sign on Ebay. Description says it is only
      7"x7". Does anyone know who made the sign? The bid is already over $20.
      Seems like to me we could have the correct sign made and sell them for
      a lot less then $20.

      Walt
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 11, 2005
        THe woman who is offering them says she knows nothing about their origin
        (she has more than one); she found them in a hardware store she once
        owned??? There is nothing to reproduce. I know of no place this sign or
        similar, meaning correct dimensions for the logo, ever existed in the real
        world. These are frauds, fakes or whatever you might want to call them that
        may be more polite.

        PKL

        >From: "fjg1870" <waltdanylak@...>
        >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [FJGRailroad] FJ&G Sign on Ebay
        >Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 09:36:13 -0000
        >
        >Group,
        >
        >Noticed a modified FJ&G repo sign on Ebay. Description says it is only
        >7"x7". Does anyone know who made the sign? The bid is already over $20.
        >Seems like to me we could have the correct sign made and sell them for
        >a lot less then $20.
        >
        >Walt

      • Richard Finn
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 12, 2005
          Ahah! "Caveat Emptor"

          Thanks for the info. I am glad that I have been outbid on it. But I
          bid it only for decoration, not for speculation.

          Dick

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 12, 2005
            Yeah, I saw the sign. I wonder if the person who is bidding on it knows that
            it's not an original item. Still neat, but not authentic...

            Gino

            On 6/11/05, fjg1870 <waltdanylak@...> wrote:
            > Group,
            >
            > Noticed a modified FJ&G repo sign on Ebay. Description says it is only
            > 7"x7". Does anyone know who made the sign? The bid is already over $20.
            > Seems like to me we could have the correct sign made and sell them for
            > a lot less then $20.
            >
            > Walt
            >

            > Visit Gino's Railpage at
            > Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page
            > http://www.lostlandmarks.org

            www.ginosrailpage.com
            www.fjgrr.org
          • Richard Finn
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 15, 2005
              The seller's eBay handle should be a clue: "Heyrube 17"