RE: [FJGRailroad] Adlake Lock

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2, 2005
      From your note it appears that the date has been marred in a way that makes
      the patent appear 1820. Unfortunately I have no locks here to compare. My
      guess is obvious, I suppose, 1920. Variations are to be expected over years
      of production. That style lock has been around a very long time, relatively
      speaking. An early one. Look on the hinge end of the hasp or under the
      keyhole weather cover for a date. Most Adlake locks in that style carry the
      month and/or year of manufacture at one of those locations.

      PKL

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2005
        Joe,

        Any rail questions are welcome! We've got guys here who can answer just
        about any question whether it's about locks, lanterns or badges!!!

        Gino

        www.ginosrailpage.com
        www.fjgrr.org