Adlake Lock

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2005
      This is not really the forum but maybe someone knows the answer. I have an
      ADLAKE, ERIE lock. The letters on the dust cover are a different font than
      the more modern ADLAKE.
      On the back is a patent date "PAT MAR 20 1820" now this is not an 1820 lock
      but it looks older than the typical modern rr lock.

      Any comments are welcome.

      Riverlinejoe
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2005
        From your note it appears that the date has been marred in a way that makes
        the patent appear 1820. Unfortunately I have no locks here to compare. My
        guess is obvious, I suppose, 1920. Variations are to be expected over years
        of production. That style lock has been around a very long time, relatively
        speaking. An early one. Look on the hinge end of the hasp or under the
        keyhole weather cover for a date. Most Adlake locks in that style carry the
        month and/or year of manufacture at one of those locations.

        PKL

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 2, 2005
          Joe,

          Any rail questions are welcome! We've got guys here who can answer just
          about any question whether it's about locks, lanterns or badges!!!

          Gino

          www.ginosrailpage.com
          www.fjgrr.org