Selkirk, NY yard on Sept 11th

  • Stephen G. Myers
    Message 1 of 1 , May 19, 2005
      One memory that I will always have as a carman at Selkirk yard was how on
      September 11th after the terrorist attacks, how slow the yard was and
      nothing was running into the city. Once things normalized and we sent
      our first freight train down, the train crew took a big American flag and
      hung it to the front of the locomotive. Our first freight train going
      into New York City and I watched her roll out of Selkirk yard proudly
      with Old Glory swaying in the breeze on a fall evening. It was a sight
      that made me proud once again to be American.

      Steve M.