Re: THE FJ&G WILL RISE FROM THE ASHES!!!

  • stevefjg30
    Message 1 of 7 , May 19 3:02 PM
      Hi Paul
      I used a car card system on the first layout .I'm planning on using
      switch lists done by computer.I more than enough room to do the whole
      line my biggest obstical is locating the two spaces to return loop
      the NYC.I will come up with something.I looking forward to the new
      challenges of Fonda and more industries.If you look at the old plan
      in Rail model journal there was not enough to do.I now know how many
      pepole come on operating nights so this will work great. I have to go
      get the baby's pictures done I'll finish later.

      Steve L

      --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, Paul Charland <p.charlie@s...>
      wrote:
      > Hi Steve,
      >
      > ...Yes! Even if you do not have space to model the line to
      Broadalbin
      > you may want to have it disappear into a staging track so you could
      > still operate trains to Broadalbin. Fonda will give you the
      interchange
      > you were missing from the earlier layout, plus the opportunity to
      run
      > long freight and passenger trains that you wouldn't have run on the
      FJ&G.

      > I always seen the FJ&G/NYC combination as the way I used to
      railfan,
      > stayed in one place to shoot the long, fast mainline trains, and
      chase
      > the shorter, slower shortline trains.
      >
      > To make things more interesting, you can employ a car order system
      for
      > the layout. I spent years tinkering with one for the FJ&G that
      changes
      > with the seasons... some commodities are used more at different
      times of
      > the year then others, and changing the frequency of them on a
      layout
      > ensures that you never do the same operating session twice.
      >
      > Anyway, if there is anything I can do to help, just ask.
      >
      > Paul :-)
      >
      > stevefjg30 wrote:
      > > THE FJ&G WILL RISE FROM THE ASHES
    • oleroadslug
      Message 2 of 7 , May 22 7:21 PM
        Yes, I can assist in that regard. We have a custom decal mfg here in
        Wausau, WI ( just Moved to Green Bay, WI and is building a home )
        that is unequalled. He uses Alps printers, to my knowledge. His name
        is Bill Priepke, and runs SCAILRAILGRAPHICS.

        His led's and things are great too. He is getting back up on his legs
        from the move, but I've known him a few years and he is hard to beat.

        Should you need legwork on this end with getting artwork to him, I
        would be happy to assist; but methinks it can go direct to him.

        Congradulation Steve on your efforts. Now, if we can only get the D&H
        and the Milwaukee Road to rise again....

        Regards,

        Bob Schoneman
        Appleton, WI

        Northern Division of the FJ&G