THE FJ&G WILL RISE FROM THE ASHES!!!

  • stevefjg30
    Message 1 of 7 , May 18, 2005
      THE FJ&G WILL RISE FROM THE ASHES AND MESS THAT IS MY BASEMENT TO BE
      A DOUBLE DECKED LAYOUT WITH A 27 FOOT LONG FONDA & GLOVERSVILLE THIS
      WILL LET ME BUILD WHAT I HAD WANTED SO DEARLEY BEFORE.INCLUDED WILL
      BE THE SECTION I SAVED FROM THE OLD LAYOUT HIGHBRIDGE NYC MAINLINES
      & INTERCHANGE YARD IN FONDA,JOHNSTOWN ALMOST EVERY SIDING IN
      JOHNSTOWN & GLOVERSVILLE INCLUDING J TOWN YARD A LONGER RUN BETWEEN
      THE TWO TOWNS MOST OF THE AREA FROM SPRING ST TO KINGSBORO AVE A
      LONGER RUN TO BROADALBIN THE END OF THE LINE.I STILL HAVE MOST OF MY
      STUFF FROM THE FIRST LAYOUT BUILDINGS THINGS LIKE THAT.I WILL BE
      DOING A NEW #20 WITH THE CORRECT PAINT JOB.AND I WILL BE GETTING A
      NEW BRILL CAR.THE LAYOUT WILL STAY MOSTLEY IN THE 50'S.THIS WILL BE A
      HUGE UNDERTAKING BUT I WAS NEVER HAPPY WITH THE OLD LAYOUT AND
      THOUGHT A CHANGE WOULD HELP.I FOUND I WAS MORE UNHAPPY NOT MODELING
      THE GREATEST SHORTLINE IN THE WORLD THE FJ&G!!!!!!!!!ONCE I GET PLANS
      FINISHED I WILL POST THEM.FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT HAD SEEN THE LAST
      LAYOUT IMAGINE ALMOST THE SAME THING BUT TWICE THE SIZE.I WILL BE
      DOING ALOT MORE RESEARCH FOR THIS ONE THAN I DID WITH THE LAST.AND I
      WILL KEEP YOU POSTED WITH THE PROGRESS.I MOVE QUICK IT WILL NOT BE
      LONG BEFORE THE FJ&G WILL RISE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

      STEVE LAMORA
      Message 2 of 7 , May 18, 2005
        I did't even get a chance to the let the group know and to have
        everybody egg you on!!!!

        Gino

        Glad the FJ&G will be rebuilt!!!

        On 5/18/05, stevefjg30 <Klcl19@...> wrote:
        > THE FJ&G WILL RISE FROM THE ASHES AND MESS THAT IS MY BASEMENT TO BE
        > A DOUBLE DECKED LAYOUT WITH A 27 FOOT LONG FONDA & GLOVERSVILLE THIS
        > WILL LET ME BUILD WHAT I HAD WANTED SO DEARLEY BEFORE.INCLUDED WILL
        > BE THE SECTION I SAVED FROM THE OLD LAYOUT HIGHBRIDGE NYC MAINLINES
        > & INTERCHANGE YARD IN FONDA,JOHNSTOWN ALMOST EVERY SIDING IN
        > JOHNSTOWN & GLOVERSVILLE INCLUDING J TOWN YARD A LONGER RUN BETWEEN
        > THE TWO TOWNS MOST OF THE AREA FROM SPRING ST TO KINGSBORO AVE A
        > LONGER RUN TO BROADALBIN THE END OF THE LINE.I STILL HAVE MOST OF MY
        > STUFF FROM THE FIRST LAYOUT BUILDINGS THINGS LIKE THAT.I WILL BE
        > DOING A NEW #20 WITH THE CORRECT PAINT JOB.AND I WILL BE GETTING A
        > NEW BRILL CAR.THE LAYOUT WILL STAY MOSTLEY IN THE 50'S.THIS WILL BE A
        > HUGE UNDERTAKING BUT I WAS NEVER HAPPY WITH THE OLD LAYOUT AND
        > THOUGHT A CHANGE WOULD HELP.I FOUND I WAS MORE UNHAPPY NOT MODELING
        > THE GREATEST SHORTLINE IN THE WORLD THE FJ&G!!!!!!!!!ONCE I GET PLANS
        > FINISHED I WILL POST THEM.FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT HAD SEEN THE LAST
        > LAYOUT IMAGINE ALMOST THE SAME THING BUT TWICE THE SIZE.I WILL BE
        > DOING ALOT MORE RESEARCH FOR THIS ONE THAN I DID WITH THE LAST.AND I
        > WILL KEEP YOU POSTED WITH THE PROGRESS.I MOVE QUICK IT WILL NOT BE
        > LONG BEFORE THE FJ&G WILL RISE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!
        >
        > STEVE LAMORA
        >

        > Visit Gino's Railpage at
        > http://gcdranet.homelinux.com/
        > Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page
        > http://www.lostlandmarks.org

        www.ginosrailpage.com
        www.fjgrr.org
      • Jason C
        Message 3 of 7 , May 18, 2005
          AWESOME!!!!! Now about those decals for the Alco's
          and the Brill......

          http://mail.yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 7 , May 19, 2005
            Hi Steve,

            ...Yes! Even if you do not have space to model the line to Broadalbin
            you may want to have it disappear into a staging track so you could
            still operate trains to Broadalbin. Fonda will give you the interchange
            you were missing from the earlier layout, plus the opportunity to run
            long freight and passenger trains that you wouldn't have run on the FJ&G.

            I always seen the FJ&G/NYC combination as the way I used to railfan,
            stayed in one place to shoot the long, fast mainline trains, and chase
            the shorter, slower shortline trains.

            To make things more interesting, you can employ a car order system for
            the layout. I spent years tinkering with one for the FJ&G that changes
            with the seasons... some commodities are used more at different times of
            the year then others, and changing the frequency of them on a layout
            ensures that you never do the same operating session twice.

            Anyway, if there is anything I can do to help, just ask.

            Paul :-)

            Message 5 of 7 , May 19, 2005
              Anyone tried creating a decal set on the computer and printing them?

              Anyone know anyone with an Alps printer? Apls printers had something no
              other printers had, white ink. This was a great help for numberboards
              or the common lettering found on a lot of rolling stock. There also
              have been several companies (Life Like comes to mind) that have offered
              kits to create your own decals using inkjet or laser printers, usually
              including a spray "fixer" to seal the ink to the film.

              Paul :-)

              Jason C wrote:

              > AWESOME!!!!! Now about those decals for the Alco's
              > and the Brill......
            • stevefjg30
              Message 6 of 7 , May 19, 2005
                Hi Paul
                I used a car card system on the first layout .I'm planning on using
                switch lists done by computer.I more than enough room to do the whole
                line my biggest obstical is locating the two spaces to return loop
                the NYC.I will come up with something.I looking forward to the new
                challenges of Fonda and more industries.If you look at the old plan
                in Rail model journal there was not enough to do.I now know how many
                pepole come on operating nights so this will work great. I have to go
                get the baby's pictures done I'll finish later.

                Steve L

                --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, Paul Charland <p.charlie@s...>
                wrote:
                > Hi Steve,
                >
                > ...Yes! Even if you do not have space to model the line to
                Broadalbin
                > you may want to have it disappear into a staging track so you could
                > still operate trains to Broadalbin. Fonda will give you the
                interchange
                > you were missing from the earlier layout, plus the opportunity to
                run
                > long freight and passenger trains that you wouldn't have run on the
                FJ&G.

                > I always seen the FJ&G/NYC combination as the way I used to
                railfan,
                > stayed in one place to shoot the long, fast mainline trains, and
                chase
                > the shorter, slower shortline trains.
                >
                > To make things more interesting, you can employ a car order system
                for
                > the layout. I spent years tinkering with one for the FJ&G that
                changes
                > with the seasons... some commodities are used more at different
                times of
                > the year then others, and changing the frequency of them on a
                layout
                > ensures that you never do the same operating session twice.
                >
                > Anyway, if there is anything I can do to help, just ask.
                >
                > Paul :-)
                >
                > stevefjg30 wrote:
                > > THE FJ&G WILL RISE FROM THE ASHES
              • oleroadslug
                Message 7 of 7 , May 22, 2005
                  Yes, I can assist in that regard. We have a custom decal mfg here in
                  Wausau, WI ( just Moved to Green Bay, WI and is building a home )
                  that is unequalled. He uses Alps printers, to my knowledge. His name
                  is Bill Priepke, and runs SCAILRAILGRAPHICS.

                  His led's and things are great too. He is getting back up on his legs
                  from the move, but I've known him a few years and he is hard to beat.

                  Should you need legwork on this end with getting artwork to him, I
                  would be happy to assist; but methinks it can go direct to him.

                  Congradulation Steve on your efforts. Now, if we can only get the D&H
                  and the Milwaukee Road to rise again....

                  Regards,

                  Bob Schoneman
                  Appleton, WI

                  Northern Division of the FJ&G