[FJGRailroad] caboose

  • Stephen G. Myers
    Message 1 of 22 , May 18, 2005
      No, it came in with mixed freight.  I'm now back in sunny Buffalo after my two week visit to Selkirk

           Steve Myers

      On Wed, 18 May 2005 17:49:41 -0400 "Dean R. Pausley" <dpausle1@...> writes:
      Steve:
                Thank you. Were there other DoD cars in the consist?

      Dean P.
      Brunswick

    • Dean R. Pausley
      Message 2 of 22 , May 19, 2005
        Steve:
                Such a short stay. I was born in Selkirk and grew up there. So much history under my feet back in the fiftes but just too young to know what I was witnessing.

        Youth is wasted on the young.
        Dean Pausley

      • Stephen G. Myers

          Message 4 of 22 , Mar 15, 2006
            Anyone know where i might be able to find a caboose. Would prefer a car on
            an active rail line. Preferably with rollerbearings
            Message 5 of 22 , Mar 16, 2006
              Hi Joe,

              On page 99 of the April 2006 Trains magazine there is an ad for 20 ex-CR
              NE-6 cabeese for sale... like these from Atlas only bigger and a tad
              more expensive:

              http://www.atlasrr.com/Images/HOFreightCars/hone6caboose/6306-1.jpg

              The price is $8500, and appear to be on their own trucks.

              "Located in PA,
              Trucking available,
              For more information
              phone (717) 426-4919"

              Paul :-)

              Message 6 of 22 , Mar 16, 2006
                I talked to that guy. They all have friction bearing trucks. Conrail would
                not hanfdle them in interchange.

                Message 7 of 22 , Mar 16, 2006
                  Hi Joe,

                  Conrail won't handle their own cabeese... hmm, maybe they are trying to
                  tell you something!

                  Click on this Google image search and you will see many cabeese for sale:

                  http://images.google.ca/images?hl=en&q=caboose%20for%20sale&btnG=Search&sa=N&tab=wi

                  You would have to look at the photos or contact the people to see if
                  they are still for sale or equipped with roller bearings, but it's a start.

                  Paul :-)

                  Message 8 of 22 , Mar 16, 2006
                    Joe in reality it might be cheaper to truck it anyway. The railroads don't
                    care to handle these kind of moves because they get in the way of the real
                    money today.

                    PKL

                    >From: "joseph Klapkowski" <riverlinejoe@...>
                    >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
                    >Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] caboose
                    >Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 15:49:34 +0000
                    >
                    >I talked to that guy. They all have friction bearing trucks. Conrail would
                    >not hanfdle them in interchange.
                    >

                    > >From: Paul Charland <p.charlie@...>
                    > >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
                    > >Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] caboose
                    > >Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 07:17:04 -0500
                    > >
                    > >Hi Joe,
                    > >
                    > >On page 99 of the April 2006 Trains magazine there is an ad for 20 ex-CR
                    > >NE-6 cabeese for sale... like these from Atlas only bigger and a tad
                    > >more expensive:
                    > >
                    > >http://www.atlasrr.com/Images/HOFreightCars/hone6caboose/6306-1.jpg
                    > >
                    > >The price is $8500, and appear to be on their own trucks.
                    > >
                    > >"Located in PA,
                    > >Trucking available,
                    > >For more information
                    > >phone (717) 426-4919"
                    > >
                    > >Paul :-)
                    > >
                    > >joseph Klapkowski wrote:
                    > >
                    > > > Anyone know where i might be able to find a caboose. Would prefer a
                    >car
                    > >on
                    > > > an active rail line. Preferably with rollerbearings

                  • oleroadslug
                    Message 9 of 22 , Mar 16, 2006
                      Is the midwest to far to consider? Trucked, we got them.

                      Wouldn't CP's asset management group be able to assist?

                      Bob Schoneman
                      Appleton, WI