Fwd: The Lore of the United States Mail Railway Post Office

    Message 1 of 2 , May 9 8:36 PM
      Hi guys,

      Malcolm sent me a file a while back and I've finally found some space
      to post it.
      Here's a description...

      Howard Carleton Oaksford (1894-1980) was a native of Gloversville, New
      York. His entire working life was spent with the U.S. Mail Railway
      Post Office Service, mostly running from New York to Chicago on the
      New York Central Railroad. He was a very modest, quiet person who
      identified himself in the picture captions only by his initials, HCO.
      His great pride in the accomplishments of the railway mail service is
      evident in this booklet which he distributed to his friends and
      associates after his retirement.

      This booklet is pretty neat and I know you'll guys will enjoy it. It
      is a large file and may take a few minutes to load up, give it time.
      Thanks to Malcolm for sharing this. Sorry it took so long to post
      Mal!

      Gino

      Here is the link...

      http://www.geocities.com/thedicarlos/index.htm

      --
      www.ginosrailpage.com
      www.fjgrr.org
      Message 2 of 2 , May 9 9:57 PM
        Sorry for the two messages. The first one I sent on Saturday and
        noticed it didn't reach the
        Group, so I just resent it!

[...]

        Visit Gino's Railpage at
        http://gcdranet.homelinux.com/ Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page