Re:Broadalbin Station

  • oleroadslug
    Message 1 of 5 , May 2, 2005
      > That sounds like The Catskill Game-Farm.
      >

      >...as is the list lately. ;-)

      Now that I've offended everyone and gotten attention; please help a
      ailing memory.

      The Broadalbin Station. Is that the jalopy of a building (when I was
      there in the 80's greenish color ) next to the little bit of
      remaining track, creek- across from ( or close to MEATLAND )? I used
      to work there.

      Excellent meats.

      I thought my boss had been using that building as storage. Is
      Meatland still there?

      Gino, I also need help in recognizing Saratoga Springs yard; with a
      StL&H train. For some odd reason, the halfmoon shape of the yard
      throws me off, and I lose direction. Even when I lived out there.

      If your standing at the old D&H (maybe now new ) station site, to
      your right is 29 overpass, to your left it curves towards the south
      and the yard or am I reversed? I'll send the pic to the list.

      Regards,

      Bob Schoneman
    • oleroadslug
      Message 2 of 5 , May 2, 2005
        Hello again, folks. Answering my own question by looking in the files
        and photos sections like I should of done the first time. It is the
        freighthouse I am referring to, and it's grey.

        I now remember the station looking at the views. I don't remeber if it
        was rehabbed then when I was there; maybe late in my tenure, late 80's
        early to mid 90's. When was it done, and by whom?

        Bob
        Message 3 of 5 , May 2, 2005
          No Bob, if you're standing in front of the Saratoga Station, Route 9N
          is to your right and Route 29 is South to your left. You need to head
          about a half mile south of the station to get to Saratoga Yard. Yes,
          it is after a curve which extends from the Route 29 overpass to the
          Grand Ave. Overpass. The Grand Ave. overpass is closest to the yard.

          Send me the shot and I'll forward it to my CPRail friends (Employees)
          who can identify it!

          Gino

          www.ginosrailpage.com
          www.fjgrr.org