buffalo

  • Stephen G. Myers
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2005
      Yes, we have remotes. our hump was built to throw cars towards the west
      which is kind of dumb since the wind and snow come off Lake Erie from the
      west. It can make things interesting. We have probably 50 deer in our
      yard, plus ducks, turkey and geese.

      Steve Myers

      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2005
        Message
        That sounds like The Catskill Game-Farm.

        Yes, we have remotes.  our hump was built to throw cars towards the west
        which is kind of dumb since the wind and snow come off Lake Erie from the
        west.  It can make things interesting.  We have probably 50 deer in our
        yard, plus ducks, turkey and geese.

             Steve Myers

        On Sun, 1 May 2005 20:16:22 -0400 choochoo1802@... writes:
        > Steve-Are the remote controls being used in Buffalo? Mark

        Visit Gino's Railpage at
        Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page
        http://www.lostlandmarks.org
        http://ny.existingstations.com/

      • oleroadslug
        Message 3 of 5 , May 2, 2005
          > That sounds like The Catskill Game-Farm.
          >

          >...as is the list lately. ;-)

          Now that I've offended everyone and gotten attention; please help a
          ailing memory.

          The Broadalbin Station. Is that the jalopy of a building (when I was
          there in the 80's greenish color ) next to the little bit of
          remaining track, creek- across from ( or close to MEATLAND )? I used
          to work there.

          Excellent meats.

          I thought my boss had been using that building as storage. Is
          Meatland still there?

          Gino, I also need help in recognizing Saratoga Springs yard; with a
          StL&H train. For some odd reason, the halfmoon shape of the yard
          throws me off, and I lose direction. Even when I lived out there.

          If your standing at the old D&H (maybe now new ) station site, to
          your right is 29 overpass, to your left it curves towards the south
          and the yard or am I reversed? I'll send the pic to the list.

          Regards,

          Bob Schoneman
        • oleroadslug
          Message 4 of 5 , May 2, 2005
            Hello again, folks. Answering my own question by looking in the files
            and photos sections like I should of done the first time. It is the
            freighthouse I am referring to, and it's grey.

            I now remember the station looking at the views. I don't remeber if it
            was rehabbed then when I was there; maybe late in my tenure, late 80's
            early to mid 90's. When was it done, and by whom?

            Bob
            Message 5 of 5 , May 2, 2005
              No Bob, if you're standing in front of the Saratoga Station, Route 9N
              is to your right and Route 29 is South to your left. You need to head
              about a half mile south of the station to get to Saratoga Yard. Yes,
              it is after a curve which extends from the Route 29 overpass to the
              Grand Ave. Overpass. The Grand Ave. overpass is closest to the yard.

              Send me the shot and I'll forward it to my CPRail friends (Employees)
              who can identify it!

              Gino

              www.ginosrailpage.com
              www.fjgrr.org