Gloversville depot and the coal company in Gloversville

  • tim_germain@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 18, 1999
      I am planning to create a model railroad of the FJ&G starting with the Gloversville area, since I grew up in Gloversville. I would like to have models of the Gloversville depot and the coal company on my layout. I remember being able to see the company building as I traveled over Cayudetta St. Does anyone have any building specs or other information that I could use to recreate these buildings? Thanks.

      Tim Germain
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 18, 1999
        Hi Tim,

        If you can get a copy of December 1979 Model Railroader, there is a set of scale drawings for the Fulton County Coal Company in Gloversville. Impressive building, 336' long. If you have trouble finding it, contact me and I can send you my copy on loan.

        Paul

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 18, 1999
          Tim,

          I have a few selected blueprints, measurements, and interior descriptions of
          the Gloversville station, but I don't have a complete set of scale
          dimensions. However, I'm sure what little I have will still be helpful.
          This information is unfortunately at home (I'm in college now) and I can't
          get to it right away. It'll take me some time to dig it up... I'll try to
          remember next time I go back home. I should be going back within 3 or 4
          weeks, so if I don't mention it to you by then, keep reminding me.

          I'm guessing you already have plenty of pictures of the station to help out
          in the modeling. If you don't have all you need, let me know what views you
          could use and I'll see what I can find...

          -Aaron Keller
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 18, 1999
            I have plans of the Gloversvile station, interior and exterior elevations,
            with detail of the brick work.. They are poor because they were copied from
            the originals on the company's wet copier in the early sixties. I have a
            scanner but haven't put it on this machine yet. Let me see what I can do.
            They really need to be recopied and attempted to bring up. The originals
            may be at the DO offices in Cooperstown. Try Walter Rich also.

            PKL