[FJGRailroad] Re: Cushing Model 40

  • Stephen G. Myers
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 7 6:25 AM
      The Shelburne Falls Railway Museum had asked for this locomotive but had
      no luck.

      Steve
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 7 8:02 AM
        We're suggesting paying for it. A corporation might solve the problem if no
        one can be persuaded to become a locomotive owner. One of us could join the
        ranks of Nelson Blount and Ross Rowland; think of the possibilities -
        divorce, banishment from the neighborhood, zoning board assessments, kids
        from all over town in your backyard to ring the bell or sound the horn,
        increased liability insurance. I have been thinking of getting a motor car
        and doing it up in the traction orange paint scheme.

        PKL

        >From: "Stephen G. Myers" <Knixrule1@...>
        >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [FJGRailroad] Re: Cushing Model 40
        >Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 09:25:03 -0400
        >
        >The Shelburne Falls Railway Museum had asked for this locomotive but had
        >no luck.
        >
        >Steve
      • charlesvosburgh
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 12 2:43 PM
          Check out page 28 of Model Railroader Cyclopedia, could that be
          Cushing's. The foreman said it came from Buffalo. The photos I took
          match the heavy underframe. I will bring them to the next meeting
          along with car # csxt 920685 and see if anyone knows what it's used
          for. Charlie