RE: [FJGRailroad] Re: Cushing Model 40

    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 7 5:04 AM
      Message
      Sounds like fun to me!  Heck, we'll put it on the 50 feet of track near Broadalbin station and give
      rides for 50 cents!!!  A real short ride at that!!!

      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 7 6:09 AM
        It can likely be had for the price of a good snowmobile. When the Conway
        Scenic purchased No. 15, a 44 tonner, from the Maine Central a corporation
        was set up, shares sold to raise the funds and the rest is history. It
        might look good trimmed up in traction orange.

        The city of Gloversville might be amenable to replacing a track between
        South Main St and West Spring on which an operation similar to Rich's
        Syracuse train could bring shoppers from the south end to the city center.
        The corporation could then buy up a bushel bag of tokens and issue them for
        transportation. Is anyone who actually lives in Gloversville or Johnstown
        on this list? The corporation would need a caretaker and business manager.

        PKL

        >From: "Dicarlo, Gino" <Gino.Dicarlo@...>
        >To: <FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com>
        >Subject: RE: [FJGRailroad] Re: Cushing Model 40
        >Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 07:04:43 -0500
        >
        >Sounds like fun to me! Heck, we'll put it on the 50 feet of track near
        >Broadalbin station and give
        >rides for 50 cents!!! A real short ride at that!!!
        >
        >Gino

      • Stephen G. Myers
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 7 6:25 AM
          The Shelburne Falls Railway Museum had asked for this locomotive but had
          no luck.

          Steve
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 7 8:02 AM
            We're suggesting paying for it. A corporation might solve the problem if no
            one can be persuaded to become a locomotive owner. One of us could join the
            ranks of Nelson Blount and Ross Rowland; think of the possibilities -
            divorce, banishment from the neighborhood, zoning board assessments, kids
            from all over town in your backyard to ring the bell or sound the horn,
            increased liability insurance. I have been thinking of getting a motor car
            and doing it up in the traction orange paint scheme.

            PKL

            >From: "Stephen G. Myers" <Knixrule1@...>
            >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: [FJGRailroad] Re: Cushing Model 40
            >Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 09:25:03 -0400
            >
            >The Shelburne Falls Railway Museum had asked for this locomotive but had
            >no luck.
            >
            >Steve
          • charlesvosburgh
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 12 2:43 PM
              Check out page 28 of Model Railroader Cyclopedia, could that be
              Cushing's. The foreman said it came from Buffalo. The photos I took
              match the heavy underframe. I will bring them to the next meeting
              along with car # csxt 920685 and see if anyone knows what it's used
              for. Charlie