RE: [FJGRailroad] Re: Cushing Model 40

    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 5, 2005
      Well make an offer; they might take it. You'd both be happy (but what about
      the rest of your family decision sharers?)

      PKL

      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 5, 2005
        Well one of you buy it before it too disappears from the area forever.
        Owning a locomotive will put you in with the big league collectors.

        PKL

        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 7, 2005
          Message
          Sounds like fun to me!  Heck, we'll put it on the 50 feet of track near Broadalbin station and give
          rides for 50 cents!!!  A real short ride at that!!!

          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 7, 2005
            It can likely be had for the price of a good snowmobile. When the Conway
            Scenic purchased No. 15, a 44 tonner, from the Maine Central a corporation
            was set up, shares sold to raise the funds and the rest is history. It
            might look good trimmed up in traction orange.

            The city of Gloversville might be amenable to replacing a track between
            South Main St and West Spring on which an operation similar to Rich's
            Syracuse train could bring shoppers from the south end to the city center.
            The corporation could then buy up a bushel bag of tokens and issue them for
            transportation. Is anyone who actually lives in Gloversville or Johnstown
            on this list? The corporation would need a caretaker and business manager.

            PKL

            >From: "Dicarlo, Gino" <Gino.Dicarlo@...>
            >To: <FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com>
            >Subject: RE: [FJGRailroad] Re: Cushing Model 40
            >Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 07:04:43 -0500
            >
            >Sounds like fun to me! Heck, we'll put it on the 50 feet of track near
            >Broadalbin station and give
            >rides for 50 cents!!! A real short ride at that!!!
            >
            >Gino

          • Stephen G. Myers
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 7, 2005
              The Shelburne Falls Railway Museum had asked for this locomotive but had
              no luck.

              Steve
              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 7, 2005
                We're suggesting paying for it. A corporation might solve the problem if no
                one can be persuaded to become a locomotive owner. One of us could join the
                ranks of Nelson Blount and Ross Rowland; think of the possibilities -
                divorce, banishment from the neighborhood, zoning board assessments, kids
                from all over town in your backyard to ring the bell or sound the horn,
                increased liability insurance. I have been thinking of getting a motor car
                and doing it up in the traction orange paint scheme.

                PKL

                >From: "Stephen G. Myers" <Knixrule1@...>
                >To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
                >Subject: [FJGRailroad] Re: Cushing Model 40
                >Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 09:25:03 -0400
                >
                >The Shelburne Falls Railway Museum had asked for this locomotive but had
                >no luck.
                >
                >Steve
              • charlesvosburgh
                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 12, 2005
                  Check out page 28 of Model Railroader Cyclopedia, could that be
                  Cushing's. The foreman said it came from Buffalo. The photos I took
                  match the heavy underframe. I will bring them to the next meeting
                  along with car # csxt 920685 and see if anyone knows what it's used
                  for. Charlie