RE: [FJGRailroad] Mystery Photo

    Message 1 of 32 , Feb 24, 2005
      Yes, Steve, that is the location. I did a lot of poking around this morning
      since my train is now over four hours late. If the angle were a little
      broader in the photo it would show the smoke stack. Pole line is exact and
      doesn't appear with that configurationat any of the other locations
      considered. Not knowing the date other than it is before 1958 and after
      1945, I am curious as to what is going on here, "why is the caboose next to
      the locomotive?"

      PKL

    • Mark Wilber
      Message 32 of 32 , Feb 24, 2010
        That's what I was wondering,it may not be at a road crossing, but further back at a farm crossing prior to a road crossing.Mark

        From: jsesonske@aol. com
        Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 02:45:27 +0000
        Subject: [FJGRailroad] Re: Mystery Photo

        I am thinking NB just before Patch Rd also. The sun angle is correct for afternoon at that spot and that does look like a pool where the Coleco parking lot would be. I thought there was a whistle post and flanger flag just south (west) of Patch Rd. I agree with the nose issue but as has been stated the long hood did occasionally face south.

        This looks like late Fall or early Spring. Wouldn't a SB at Townsend or Union have more light on the nose that time of year. I think Townsend is a pretty south facing crossing but I am not familiar with Union Ave xing.

        Just my 2 cents on the topic.

        I like those marker lights. They looked sharp on 20 and 21 when they had them.