RE: [FJGRailroad] Interesting story at LeaderHerald

    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 13, 2005
      When we go to the house in Johnstown we frequently wind up going through
      Fonda in the late evening. I always go through the grade crossing rather
      than over the bridge hoping that the gates are down. My wife has come to
      accept it but she doesnt like it.

    • waltdanylak@citlink.net
      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 15, 2005
        This email was sent courtesy of The Leader Herald Web Site:

        Dear FJG Railroad Group

        Walt Danylak wanted you to take a look at this story on The Leader Herald Web Site!
        Please follow this link http://www.leaderherald.com/news/story/0215202005_new01_train0215.asp to view this article.

        Walt Danylak comments:
        This is a follow up story about the death at Fonda last week.

        Thank You
        Walt Danylak
        waltdanylak@...
      • waltdanylak@citlink.net
        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 15, 2005
          This email was sent courtesy of The Leader Herald Web Site:

          Dear FJG Railroad Group

          Walt Danylak wanted you to take a look at this story on The Leader Herald Web Site!
          Please follow this link http://leaderherald.com/obit/story/0215202005_obtdoyleobit0214.asp to view this article.

          Walt Danylak comments:
          In case anyone knows this woman.

          Thank You
          Walt Danylak
          waltdanylak@...
          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 15, 2005
            Walt, the obit really illustrates what a tragedy this incident is.

            PKL

            Message 5 of 17 , Feb 16, 2005
              Sixth line from the bottom has me confused. What I really mean is I think
              the reporter is confused or maybe I should say that the LH is propogating an
              untruth by quoting the village official who is just out and out wrong. CSX
              is a for profit company. They do not receive a subsidy from the government
              to stay in business.

              >From: <waltdanylak@...>
              >To: "Name" <fjgrailroad@yahoogroups.com>
              >Subject: [FJGRailroad] Interesting story at LeaderHerald
              >Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 15:29:30 -0500
              >

              >This email was sent courtesy of The Leader Herald Web Site:
              >
              >Dear FJG Railroad Group
              >
              >Walt Danylak wanted you to take a look at this story on The Leader Herald
              >Web Site!
              >Please follow this link
              >http://www.leaderherald.com/news/story/0215202005_new01_train0215.asp to
              >view this article.
              >
              >Walt Danylak comments:
              >This is a follow up story about the death at Fonda last week.
              >
              >Thank You
              >Walt Danylak
              >waltdanylak@...

            • Stephen G. Myers
              Message 6 of 17 , Feb 16, 2005
                I cought that sentence too. I let it slide since I seldom see news
                reported properly.

                Steve

                On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 18:52:12 +0000 "joseph Klapkowski"
                <riverlinejoe@...> writes:

                > Sixth line from the bottom has me confused. What I really mean is I
                > think
                > the reporter is confused or maybe I should say that the LH is
                > propogating an
                > untruth by quoting the village official who is just out and out
                > wrong. CSX
                > is a for profit company. They do not receive a subsidy from the
                > government
                > to stay in business.

              • oleroadslug
                Message 7 of 17 , Feb 24, 2005
                  --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, "paul larner" <pklarner@h...>
                  wrote:
                  > Amtrak runs at 75 mph. Freight is either 50 or 60 mph.

                  Paul or Gino;

                  Is this the crossing that is just west of the courthouse I believe
                  that runs into the City of Fonda Public Works on 5 there. Great
                  pizza/sub shop there on E side. Used to be a little grocery store
                  there nex to tracks.

                  Bob Schoneman
                  Appleton, WI
                  Message 8 of 17 , Feb 25, 2005
                    I may be late responding but yes that is the crossing, Broadway.

                    PKL