RE: [FJGRailroad] Interesting story at LeaderHerald

    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 12, 2005
      Mark, One of the Conductors recalls when they are equipped with cutouts
      each track is cut out separately; you must select the correct track however.

      From the beginning of my driving days I have always dreaded going over that
      crossing - five tracks back then and as you say rough because your in a
      curve. Was always afraid I'd get caught in the middle.

      PKL

      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 13, 2005
        When we go to the house in Johnstown we frequently wind up going through
        Fonda in the late evening. I always go through the grade crossing rather
        than over the bridge hoping that the gates are down. My wife has come to
        accept it but she doesnt like it.

      • waltdanylak@citlink.net
        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 15, 2005
          This email was sent courtesy of The Leader Herald Web Site:

          Dear FJG Railroad Group

          Walt Danylak wanted you to take a look at this story on The Leader Herald Web Site!
          Please follow this link http://www.leaderherald.com/news/story/0215202005_new01_train0215.asp to view this article.

          Walt Danylak comments:
          This is a follow up story about the death at Fonda last week.

          Thank You
          Walt Danylak
          waltdanylak@...
        • waltdanylak@citlink.net
          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 15, 2005
            This email was sent courtesy of The Leader Herald Web Site:

            Dear FJG Railroad Group

            Walt Danylak wanted you to take a look at this story on The Leader Herald Web Site!
            Please follow this link http://leaderherald.com/obit/story/0215202005_obtdoyleobit0214.asp to view this article.

            Walt Danylak comments:
            In case anyone knows this woman.

            Thank You
            Walt Danylak
            waltdanylak@...
            Message 5 of 17 , Feb 15, 2005
              Walt, the obit really illustrates what a tragedy this incident is.

              PKL

              Message 6 of 17 , Feb 16, 2005
                Sixth line from the bottom has me confused. What I really mean is I think
                the reporter is confused or maybe I should say that the LH is propogating an
                untruth by quoting the village official who is just out and out wrong. CSX
                is a for profit company. They do not receive a subsidy from the government
                to stay in business.

                >From: <waltdanylak@...>
                >To: "Name" <fjgrailroad@yahoogroups.com>
                >Subject: [FJGRailroad] Interesting story at LeaderHerald
                >Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 15:29:30 -0500
                >

                >This email was sent courtesy of The Leader Herald Web Site:
                >
                >Dear FJG Railroad Group
                >
                >Walt Danylak wanted you to take a look at this story on The Leader Herald
                >Web Site!
                >Please follow this link
                >http://www.leaderherald.com/news/story/0215202005_new01_train0215.asp to
                >view this article.
                >
                >Walt Danylak comments:
                >This is a follow up story about the death at Fonda last week.
                >
                >Thank You
                >Walt Danylak
                >waltdanylak@...

              • Stephen G. Myers
                Message 7 of 17 , Feb 16, 2005
                  I cought that sentence too. I let it slide since I seldom see news
                  reported properly.

                  Steve

                  On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 18:52:12 +0000 "joseph Klapkowski"
                  <riverlinejoe@...> writes:

                  > Sixth line from the bottom has me confused. What I really mean is I
                  > think
                  > the reporter is confused or maybe I should say that the LH is
                  > propogating an
                  > untruth by quoting the village official who is just out and out
                  > wrong. CSX
                  > is a for profit company. They do not receive a subsidy from the
                  > government
                  > to stay in business.

                • oleroadslug
                  Message 8 of 17 , Feb 24, 2005
                    --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, "paul larner" <pklarner@h...>
                    wrote:
                    > Amtrak runs at 75 mph. Freight is either 50 or 60 mph.

                    Paul or Gino;

                    Is this the crossing that is just west of the courthouse I believe
                    that runs into the City of Fonda Public Works on 5 there. Great
                    pizza/sub shop there on E side. Used to be a little grocery store
                    there nex to tracks.

                    Bob Schoneman
                    Appleton, WI
                    Message 9 of 17 , Feb 25, 2005
                      I may be late responding but yes that is the crossing, Broadway.

                      PKL