Woman killed by train in Fonda

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 11, 2005
      Woman killed by train in Fonda

      Woman killed in train, car accident
      Updated: 2/11/2005 2:58 PM
      By: Capital News 9 web staff

      Montgomery County authorities are investigating a fatal train accident in the Village of Fonda.

      The sheriff's department said 38-year-old Victoria Doyle of Johnstown was killed when a CSX train hit her car. It happened at around 8:45 Friday morning where the train tracks cross Broadway.

      Authorities said impatient drivers sometimes try to beat oncoming trains at that spot.

      Under sheriff Jeffery Smith said, "There's complaints of people all the time that the gates are down, or up, depending on train travel. But the gates go down and trains are ways away, and sometimes [people] get impatient. But I don't know if that's the case here or not. We're still talking to witnesses."

      Doyle was pronounced dead at the scene.

      The CSX rail company has not issued a comment at this time.
      Authorities are still looking into what caused the crash.

      Gino DiCarlo
      Imaging

      Quad/Imaging
      A Division of Quad/Graphics

      Saratoga Springs, New York
      518-581-4276 phone
      gino.dicarlo@...
      www.QG.com

    • mwilber@webtv.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 11, 2005
        Gino-You got us shaking right now. We knew a girl name Vicky when we
        lived in Gloversville and she lived in Fultonville,and she did move to
        Johnstown eventually.We and her family were very close. We lost ties to
        her in the past couple of years,but she would be around 38 years of age
        now.The last name sounds familier. If anyone comes across an obituary or
        any information on this women,please send an email to me. Thanks-Mark