The CNYK lives

  • Gino DiCarlo
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 26, 2004
      Rumors of the past few months are coming true.  There have been
      persistent rumors for years that NYS&W would take over the run from
      Binghamton to Port Jervis.

      Unofficial confirmation came yesterday, more today with this info from
      surface transportation board

      12/23/04 STB docket 34643

      Subsidiary "Central New York RR" CNY is applying to lease the 125 miles
      between these two points"
    • mwilber@webtv.net
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 26, 2004
        Gino-Thats the truth.Im looking forward running some local jobs between
        Port Jervis and Binghamton.But not sure exactly how the jobs will be
        handled.Seven new men have been hired and are going thru schooling
        now.Mark
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 27, 2004
          You guys won't be running any Blue RS3s on that will you? But,
          seriously.
          Who is the SuzyQ taking that branch over from?

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 27, 2004
            Gino-It belongs to the NS now.It was taken over by the NS when Conrail
            was abolished. Thats the line we run our trains on from Binghamton to
            Little Ferry NJ.For now we are taking over from Binghamton (CP-BD) to
            Port Jervis ( CP-Sparrow).We also have trackage rights from CP-Sparrow
            (NJ Transit) to Cambell Hall,then CP-Hall to Warwick ( NS Hudson
            Secondary) then back on NYSW (Southern Div) from Warwick NY to Little
            Ferry NJ. Mark
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 27, 2004
              we are talking about the former Erie main