Merry Christmas

    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 24, 2004
      Merry Christmas

      My turn for Christmas Memories!!!!

      I grew up in Schenectady, New York and there were all kinds of places to get trains.
      My favorite place being Reale's Train Store on Goose Hill.  The same family who owned
      The photo store on Foster ave.  Duane's Toyland on State Street had a gigantic layout!!!
      Of course, downtown Schenectady was a great place.  The Carl Company had the guy playing
      the organ in the middle of the store and they also set up an O scale Christmas themed layout
      In the front window.  You could talk to Santa in their toy basement and then go across the
      street to see him again in Grants.  I always wondered how he got across the street so quick.
      Of course my mother would sit me on him again and I'd say, "didn't I just tell you?"

      Santa also made it to Two Guys (A lot of LIFE-LIKE train supplies) and the Big-N.
      He was all over!!!! Wallace's, Woolworth and JM Fields were also great places.   I still remember
      where he sat in all those stores.

      Wherever you guys are spending the holidays this year, I hope it's the best Christmas ever!
      I do hope Santa brings lots of toys and trains to all our FJ&G club members!  Hope to see
      You all in 2005!!!  For our Hanukkah celebrants, I hope it was 8 pieces of rolling stock!!!

      Gino DiCarlo
      FJGRAILROAD Group Moderator

      Gino DiCarlo
      Imaging

      Quad/Imaging
      A Division of Quad/Graphics

      Saratoga Springs, New York
      518-581-4276 phone
      gino.dicarlo@...
      www.QG.com

    • Stephen G. Myers
      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 25, 2004
        Merry Christmas
        My Christmas memories are much like yours Gino.  Duanes toyland was like heaven, so many toys to choose from, and the best were downstairs.

        I used to march in the Schenectady parade every year on State Street.  My uncle owned Mohawk Ambulance.  My cousin Mike and I would carry the Mohawk banner while all the men would march in green uniforms as if in the military and four or five beautiful  green and white Cadillac ambulances followed behind.

        We had a foot of snow yesterday.  Three idiots ruined the holiday by getting drunk and walking the tracks.  Two are dead, hit by a Selkirk to Buffalo CSX freight.

          Steve Myers

        On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 08:30:14 -0600 "Dicarlo, Gino" <Gino.Dicarlo@...> writes:

        My turn for Christmas Memories!!!!

        I grew up in Schenectady, New York and there were all kinds of places to get trains.
        My favorite place being Reale's Train Store on Goose Hill.  The same family who owned
        The photo store on Foster ave.  Duane's Toyland on State Street had a gigantic layout!!!
        Of course, downtown Schenectady was a great place.  The Carl Company had the guy playing
        the organ in the middle of the store and they also set up an O scale Christmas themed layout
        In the front window.  You could talk to Santa in their toy basement and then go across the

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        click here

        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 20, 2006

          Hi guys,

          I'd like to make my holiday wishes now, just in case someone is hitting the road!

          Have a  Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and a safe, Happy New Years!!!
          Whatever it is that you celebrate, please have a good one and come back
          fat and happy!  I've got one part down, I just need to work a little more on
          the "Happy" part.

          I've got a new baby and 2 little boys who are doing their best not to tick-off
          Santa.  They're not doing a good job, but I know I'll have a special Christmas.

          I remember Christmas growing up in Schenectady and getting a candy cane
          from Santa  at The Carl Co., crossing State Street and getting one from him at
          Wallaces  and then getting ONE more from him at the Big N!  What a deal!  That
          Santa  CAN be everywhere in one night!  What does this all mean?  Nothing,
          just reminiscing.

          I remember a few years back when a bunch of us told our Christmas stories from
          their hometown and what train we got and so on and so forth.  My first model train?
          An Athrean GP38 with EL paint.  She ran Christmas night, flew off the track and she's
          been broken since.  Oh well, that TYCO Plymouth loco still works!

          Anyhow, Merry Christmas to all in the group and may God bless...

          p.s.  Thanks to Paul Charland for Guy Lombardo and his Royal Canadians.
          I'll save that story for next week!

          Gino
        • Dick Ryall
          Message 4 of 14 , Dec 20, 2006
            MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL
            Message 5 of 14 , Dec 21, 2006
              Merry Christmas to All,

              First train I got for Christmas was called Polly Choo-choo, a plastic
              train with plastic track, living in Goose Bay Labrador, must have been
              1964 I guess!

              Can't take too much credit for Guy, but you're welcome Gino!

              Ho, ho, ho, from the Great Green North!

              Paul :-)

              Gino's Railpage wrote:
              > Hi guys,
              >
              > I'd like to make my holiday wishes now, just in case someone is hitting the
              > road!
              >
              > Have a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and a safe, Happy New Years!!!
              > Whatever it is that you celebrate, please have a good one and come back
              > fat and happy! I've got one part down, I just need to work a little
              > more on
              > the "Happy" part.
              >
              > I've got a new baby and 2 little boys who are doing their best not to
              > tick-off
              > Santa. They're not doing a good job, but I know I'll have a special
              > Christmas.
              >
              > I remember Christmas growing up in Schenectady and getting a candy cane
              > from Santa at The Carl Co., crossing State Street and getting one from him
              > at
              > Wallaces and then getting ONE more from him at the Big N! What a deal!
              > That
              > Santa CAN be everywhere in one night! What does this all mean? Nothing,
              > just reminiscing.
              >
              > I remember a few years back when a bunch of us told our Christmas stories
              > from
              > their hometown and what train we got and so on and so forth. My first
              > model
              > train?
              > An Athrean GP38 with EL paint. She ran Christmas night, flew off the track
              > and she's
              > been broken since. Oh well, that TYCO Plymouth loco still works!
              >
              > Anyhow, Merry Christmas to all in the group and may God bless...
              >
              > p.s. Thanks to Paul Charland for Guy Lombardo and his Royal Canadians.
              > I'll save that story for next week!
              >
              > Gino

            • Mark Wilber
              Message 6 of 14 , Dec 21, 2006
                HO !  HO !  HO !   TO ALL -   Mark

                Message 7 of 14 , Dec 24, 2008
                  Hi all,

                  I hope your Christmas and Hanukkah are wonderfull and safe. May Santa
                  bring all the model trains you asked for! For our Hebrew friends, 1
                  loco, 1 caboose and 6 freight cars make it a wonderfull 8 days of
                  Hanukkah.....

                  Peace and God bless...

                  Gino DiCarlo

                  Sent from my iPhone
                • Stephen G. Myers
                  Message 8 of 14 , Dec 25, 2008
                    Merry Christmas to all!

                    Steve Myers
                    Click here and choose from thousands of high quality used cars.
                    http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/PnY6rw3bZ8aYvBVvOuAzCqzZxg0UpatxQejMl4Sg3EdKjP70WVYqU/
                  • slamora1@nycap.rr.com
                    Message 9 of 14 , Dec 25, 2008
                      To evry one
                      I hope everybody has a good holiday

                      Steve lamora

                      ---- Fjgrailroad <fjgrailroad@...> wrote:
                      > Hi all,
                      >
                      > I hope your Christmas and Hanukkah are wonderfull and safe. May Santa
                      > bring all the model trains you asked for! For our Hebrew friends, 1
                      > loco, 1 caboose and 6 freight cars make it a wonderfull 8 days of
                      > Hanukkah.....
                      >
                      > Peace and God bless...
                      >
                      > Gino DiCarlo
                      >
                      > Sent from my iPhone
                    • andrewsfusco
                      Message 10 of 14 , Dec 25, 2008
                        Dear Fellow FJ&Gers:

                        Hopefully your Christmas and Channukah were
                        as happy as the Fusco's were.

                        Santa was very good to my pike. He delivered
                        a Pennsy 0-8-0 which is a about to get bashed
                        into FJG #11 and the Atlas "Fenway Park" trolley
                        which is a dead ringer for FJG #62.

                        I planning out the modeling of Glovers' Field
                        in order to model a 1938 Can-Am game between the
                        Johnstown-Gloversville Glovers and the Auburn
                        Bouleys. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

                        Happy and safe New Year to all. ---Andy

                      • slamora1@nycap.rr.com
                        Message 11 of 14 , Dec 25, 2008
                          Happy holidays Andy

                          My onlty suggestion is to have the glovers winning on the scoreboard sound realy cool though you have to take some pictures for us!!!

                          Steve Lamora

                          drewsfusco <fusco@...> wrote:
                          > Dear Fellow FJ&Gers:
                          >
                          > Hopefully your Christmas and Channukah were
                          > as happy as the Fusco's were.
                          >
                          > Santa was very good to my pike. He delivered
                          > a Pennsy 0-8-0 which is a about to get bashed
                          > into FJG #11 and the Atlas "Fenway Park" trolley
                          > which is a dead ringer for FJG #62.
                          >
                          > I planning out the modeling of Glovers' Field
                          > in order to model a 1938 Can-Am game between the
                          > Johnstown-Gloversville Glovers and the Auburn
                          > Bouleys. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
                          >
                          > Happy and safe New Year to all. ---Andy
                          >

                          > --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, Fjgrailroad <fjgrailroad@...> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > Hi all,
                          > >
                          > > I hope your Christmas and Hanukkah are wonderfull and safe. May Santa
                          > > bring all the model trains you asked for! For our Hebrew friends, 1
                          > > loco, 1 caboose and 6 freight cars make it a wonderfull 8 days of
                          > > Hanukkah.....
                          > >
                          > > Peace and God bless...
                          > >
                          > > Gino DiCarlo
                          > >
                          > > Sent from my iPhone

                        • andrewsfusco
                          Message 12 of 14 , Dec 27, 2008
                            Dear Steve:

                            I'm going to go through the 1938 newspaper
                            microfilm here in our Auburn library, pick out
                            a road game from Auburn at Gloversville, and
                            model that linescore on my scoreboard. In
                            deference to your suggestion, I'll make sure to
                            pick a game that the Glovers were leading at
                            the moment memorialized in the model. Shouldn't
                            be too tough: Auburn had a lousy team that year.
                            ---Andy

                            --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, Fjgrailroad <fjgrailroad@...> wrote:

                            > Hi all,
                            >
                            > I hope your Christmas and Hanukkah are wonderfull and safe. May Santa
                            > bring all the model trains you asked for! For our Hebrew friends, 1
                            > loco, 1 caboose and 6 freight cars make it a wonderfull 8 days of
                            > Hanukkah.....
                            >
                            > Peace and God bless...
                            >
                            > Gino DiCarlo
                            >
                            > Sent from my iPhone

                          • A. Fusco
                            Message 13 of 14 , Jan 27, 2009
                              Dear Steve: Thanks for the suggestions.
                              I picked out a game Saturday June 11, 1938 in
                              which the Glovers beat Auburn 6-4. ---Andy

                              Message 14 of 14 , Dec 23, 2011
                                Merry Christmas to all my FJ&G fans!!!!

                                Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their
                                humanity so that by his death he might break the power of him who
                                holds the power of death—that is, the devil— and free those who all
                                their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death. For surely it
                                is not angels he helps, but Abraham’s descendants. For this reason he
                                had to be made like them, fully human in every way, in order that he
                                might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God,
                                and that he might make atonement for the sins of the people. Because
                                he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who
                                are being tempted.

                                Peace on Earth...

                                http://fjgrr.org
                                http://ginosrailpage.com