Need Meeting Info

  • Jason C
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 22, 2004
      Just wanted to touch base and get some info and
      directions for tomorrow nights meeting. I'm up in
      Saratoga region for the week and I'd like to get the
      time the meeting starts and directions to the library.

      Also would like to know some more about the meeting
      itself. Is there a set format? Slide shows? Etc?
      Also, I have my girlfriend with me on this trip. Will
      the rest of the library be open so she can browse?

      If things work out, I'm looking forward to meeting
      some of you tomorrow night.

      Thanks,
      Jason Cook
      Fort Wayne, Indiana (Saratoga, Ballston Spa,
      Cambridge, and Scranton this week)

      The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!
      http://my.yahoo.com
    • Gino DiCarlo
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 22, 2004
        Come on out Jason!  I'll bring my FJ&G movies for those who haven't seen them.  Some other suprises too!
        The library is on Fulton Street in Gloversville.  That is also Route 29A.  Take Route 29 West from Saratoga.  Follow her to Broadalbin and Vail Mills.  About a mile after Vail Mills, you will come to Route 29a.  Take a right on 29 a and follow it all the way to Gloversville.  The library is on the left hand side of the street.

        The library wont be open, but your girlfriend will be able to browse and read!

        Just wanted to touch base and get some info and
        directions for tomorrow nights meeting.  I'm up in
        Saratoga region for the week and I'd like to get the
        time the meeting starts and directions to the library.

        Also would like to know some more about the meeting
        itself.  Is there a set format?  Slide shows?  Etc?
        Also, I have my girlfriend with me on this trip.  Will
        the rest of the library be open so she can browse?

        If things work out, I'm looking forward to meeting
        some of you tomorrow night.

        Thanks,
        Jason Cook
        Fort Wayne, Indiana (Saratoga, Ballston Spa,
        Cambridge, and Scranton this week)

        The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!
        http://my.yahoo.com

        Visit Gino's Railpage at
        Visit Pete Seftons Lost Landmark Page
        http://www.lostlandmarks.org
        http://ny.existingstations.com/

        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 22, 2004
          Jason,

          From Saratoga take 29 west. After passing the light beyond Broadalbin (Vail
          Mills - JCT rte. 30, crossing) go another couple miles to the Turkey Farm
          Road, left turn from 29. I believe there is a sign for "Gloversville 3 or 4
          miles". This road takes you into Gloversville and continues through the
          city to the library location. As you near the business district, I think
          the fourth traffic light after you cross the city line, the library is on
          the left, s/e corner of the intersection. The parking lot is behind the
          library, left turn from the street you took into town. Railyard restaurant,
          near the former rail yard is a good place to eat, otherwise get a hot dog at
          Stewarts Gas station or a Pizza at Leonzos all on the same street through
          town.

          Library closes at 7 pm so try to be there before that time otherwise bang on
          the window or shake the door. You won't be the first to do it.

          No format for the meeting - basically show and tell and visit. We have the
          ability to show slides, better if you bring the projector, videos and I
          think we're set up for cd's now (don't know because we usually bring our own
          media players. The library is ours after hours.
          I'll be going over from Saratoga sometime after lunch to do some picture
          taking of a couple supposed new discovered station buildings in the Tribes
          Hill - Sulphur Springs area.

          If you get to town while still daylight, continue on the same street through
          the Four Corners until you come to the site of the former rail yards.
          Here's an old PC box car and a small park on the right; the bus garage is on
          the left. Take a good look in all directions at what you see today. I'll
          have some images of how the area once appeared with me tomorrow night.

          PKL

          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 24, 2004
            Message
            Jason,

            We're sorry we missed you!  We hope it wasn't our directions!  As for Joe Klapp, bring your wife
            next time!  There's a library full of books for her to look at!!!

            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 24, 2004
              It requires that I take two days off from work. Thats the problem.

              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 29, 2004
                No sweat Joe, just hope we can meet you sometime!!! I thought you were
                coming and brought the whole nine yards...

                Gino

                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 29, 2004
                  --- "Dicarlo, Gino" <Gino.Dicarlo@...> wrote:

                  > Jason,
                  >
                  > We're sorry we missed you! We hope it wasn't our
                  > directions!
                  >
                  > Gino

                  Gino,

                  I'm sorry I missed you too. The directions weren't at
                  fault, I was simply trying to pack too much into one
                  vacation. Tuesday worked out to be the only day that
                  I was able to take her to Vermont and by the time we
                  got back into Saratoga, it was after six and I was
                  simply too exhausted to try and drive out to
                  Gloversville at that point.

                  Hopefully I'll be able to make it up that way again at
                  some point when there are no holidays and my schedule
                  can be more flexible than it was this time.

                  Sincerely,
                  Jason Cook
                  2,350 miles later, back in Fort Wayne

                  http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail