Help Needed

  • andrewsfusco
    Message 1 of 120 , Nov 22, 2004
      I had intended to go to Wed.'s meeting,
      but now have a scheduling conflict and can't
      attend. Anyways, here is my problem and what
      I wanted help on.

      For this year's family Christmas tree layout,
      I am modeling one of the FJ&G tankers and one
      of the FJ&G flat cars which Gino has pictured
      on his page. My problem is that I never saw
      either of the cars in real life, nor have I ever
      seen a colored picture of either.

      So I need help of someone who was familiar with
      the cars.

      Regarding the tankers, I assume they were entirely
      flat black with white lettering. Is that correct?
      And by the way, what were they used for? Any other
      details anyone car offer to make the model as
      accurate as possible?

      Regarding the flat cars, what color were they? Were
      they steel sided and steel framed with a wooden deck?
      What color was the deck? All those uprights on the
      deck, were they wood or steel? And what color were
      the uprights.

      Thanks guys and I await your replies. Happy
      Thanksgiving everybody. Looks like just yesterda
      my kid Adam landed a ride in a USAC midget for
      next year, so the Fusco have much to be thankful
      for.---Andy

      Message 120 of 120 , Oct 19, 2005

        Monthly FJ&GRR Club Meeting

        Date: Wednesday, October 26, 2005
        Time: 7:00PM EDT (GMT-04:00)

        To be held at the Gloversville Free Library. Questions, call
        Walt at 315-479-5879.