Re: [FJGRailroad] Oops in Little Falls

    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 30, 2004
      Hope you're not suggesting a snooze caused this!

      I was on a passenger train when I was a kid. My family was going
      between North Bay and Ottawa Ontario in the middle of the night in CN.
      We were on the last car of the train and about 0330 had to pull into a
      siding for a meet with a freight (single track mainline). As the
      freight passed our marker light was picked off... not sure who was
      sleeping on the job for that one!

      Paul :-)

    • mwilber@webtv.net
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 30, 2004
        According to another group (just a rumor for now) it was told that a
        train was pulling out from a siding onto #1 main in a east bound. There
        was a westbound train on #2 main going west. Apparently the train going
        east had a derailed car coming out of the passing siding and no one knew
        it. When the car hit the switch,the car was forced into the train that
        was going by on #2 track.I hope this what happen,than someone missed a
        signal. I havent heard anything official,but this what was said on
        another yahoo-group. Mark
      • Saul Kalbfeld
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 31, 2004
          Hey!  Use the West Shore Line as a detour!
          Saul