Re: [FJGRailroad] Oops in Little Falls

  • mwilber@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 30, 2004
      I understand it was two trains involved at a controlled point or an
      interlocking.At 520am,I hope what Im thinking didnt happen.Mark
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 30, 2004
        Hope you're not suggesting a snooze caused this!

        I was on a passenger train when I was a kid. My family was going
        between North Bay and Ottawa Ontario in the middle of the night in CN.
        We were on the last car of the train and about 0330 had to pull into a
        siding for a meet with a freight (single track mainline). As the
        freight passed our marker light was picked off... not sure who was
        sleeping on the job for that one!

        Paul :-)

        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 30, 2004
          According to another group (just a rumor for now) it was told that a
          train was pulling out from a siding onto #1 main in a east bound. There
          was a westbound train on #2 main going west. Apparently the train going
          east had a derailed car coming out of the passing siding and no one knew
          it. When the car hit the switch,the car was forced into the train that
          was going by on #2 track.I hope this what happen,than someone missed a
          signal. I havent heard anything official,but this what was said on
          another yahoo-group. Mark
        • Saul Kalbfeld
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 31, 2004
            Hey!  Use the West Shore Line as a detour!
            Saul