Re: [FJGRailroad] Oops in Little Falls

  • mwilber@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 30, 2004
      Hi Paul,thanks for the article. We probably will be busy with detour
      trains in the next couple of days.Mark
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 30, 2004
        Hi Mark,

        Yup, it's hard to get by cars that are 90 degrees to the track!

        Paul :-)

        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 30, 2004
          I understand it was two trains involved at a controlled point or an
          interlocking.At 520am,I hope what Im thinking didnt happen.Mark
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 30, 2004
            Hope you're not suggesting a snooze caused this!

            I was on a passenger train when I was a kid. My family was going
            between North Bay and Ottawa Ontario in the middle of the night in CN.
            We were on the last car of the train and about 0330 had to pull into a
            siding for a meet with a freight (single track mainline). As the
            freight passed our marker light was picked off... not sure who was
            sleeping on the job for that one!

            Paul :-)

            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 30, 2004
              According to another group (just a rumor for now) it was told that a
              train was pulling out from a siding onto #1 main in a east bound. There
              was a westbound train on #2 main going west. Apparently the train going
              east had a derailed car coming out of the passing siding and no one knew
              it. When the car hit the switch,the car was forced into the train that
              was going by on #2 track.I hope this what happen,than someone missed a
              signal. I havent heard anything official,but this what was said on
              another yahoo-group. Mark
            • Saul Kalbfeld
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 31, 2004
                Hey!  Use the West Shore Line as a detour!
                Saul