Re: [FJGRailroad] Oops in Little Falls

    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 30, 2004
      I have wandered around the ROW in that area a few times while taking
      piuctures. Kinda makes you think.

    • mwilber@webtv.net
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 30, 2004
        Hi Paul,thanks for the article. We probably will be busy with detour
        trains in the next couple of days.Mark
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 30, 2004
          Hi Mark,

          Yup, it's hard to get by cars that are 90 degrees to the track!

          Paul :-)

          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 30, 2004
            I understand it was two trains involved at a controlled point or an
            interlocking.At 520am,I hope what Im thinking didnt happen.Mark
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 30, 2004
              Hope you're not suggesting a snooze caused this!

              I was on a passenger train when I was a kid. My family was going
              between North Bay and Ottawa Ontario in the middle of the night in CN.
              We were on the last car of the train and about 0330 had to pull into a
              siding for a meet with a freight (single track mainline). As the
              freight passed our marker light was picked off... not sure who was
              sleeping on the job for that one!

              Paul :-)

              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 30, 2004
                According to another group (just a rumor for now) it was told that a
                train was pulling out from a siding onto #1 main in a east bound. There
                was a westbound train on #2 main going west. Apparently the train going
                east had a derailed car coming out of the passing siding and no one knew
                it. When the car hit the switch,the car was forced into the train that
                was going by on #2 track.I hope this what happen,than someone missed a
                signal. I havent heard anything official,but this what was said on
                another yahoo-group. Mark
              • Saul Kalbfeld
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 31, 2004
                  Hey!  Use the West Shore Line as a detour!
                  Saul