Re: [FJGRailroad] Oops in Little Falls

    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 30, 2004
      Hi Mark,

      Little Falls news online even has a picture!

      http://www.littlefallstimes.com/articles/2004/10/30/news/news01.txt

      Paul :-)

      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 30, 2004
        I have wandered around the ROW in that area a few times while taking
        piuctures. Kinda makes you think.

      • mwilber@webtv.net
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 30, 2004
          Hi Paul,thanks for the article. We probably will be busy with detour
          trains in the next couple of days.Mark
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 30, 2004
            Hi Mark,

            Yup, it's hard to get by cars that are 90 degrees to the track!

            Paul :-)

            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 30, 2004
              I understand it was two trains involved at a controlled point or an
              interlocking.At 520am,I hope what Im thinking didnt happen.Mark
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 30, 2004
                Hope you're not suggesting a snooze caused this!

                I was on a passenger train when I was a kid. My family was going
                between North Bay and Ottawa Ontario in the middle of the night in CN.
                We were on the last car of the train and about 0330 had to pull into a
                siding for a meet with a freight (single track mainline). As the
                freight passed our marker light was picked off... not sure who was
                sleeping on the job for that one!

                Paul :-)

                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 30, 2004
                  According to another group (just a rumor for now) it was told that a
                  train was pulling out from a siding onto #1 main in a east bound. There
                  was a westbound train on #2 main going west. Apparently the train going
                  east had a derailed car coming out of the passing siding and no one knew
                  it. When the car hit the switch,the car was forced into the train that
                  was going by on #2 track.I hope this what happen,than someone missed a
                  signal. I havent heard anything official,but this what was said on
                  another yahoo-group. Mark
                • Saul Kalbfeld
                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 31, 2004
                    Hey!  Use the West Shore Line as a detour!
                    Saul