Oops in Little Falls

  • mwilber2001
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 30, 2004
      Does anyone have any information on the CSX 27 car derailment in Little Falls that happen today? Mark
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 30, 2004
        Hi Mark,

        Little Falls news online even has a picture!

        http://www.littlefallstimes.com/articles/2004/10/30/news/news01.txt

        Paul :-)

        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 30, 2004
          I have wandered around the ROW in that area a few times while taking
          piuctures. Kinda makes you think.

        • mwilber@webtv.net
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 30, 2004
            Hi Paul,thanks for the article. We probably will be busy with detour
            trains in the next couple of days.Mark
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 30, 2004
              Hi Mark,

              Yup, it's hard to get by cars that are 90 degrees to the track!

              Paul :-)

              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 30, 2004
                I understand it was two trains involved at a controlled point or an
                interlocking.At 520am,I hope what Im thinking didnt happen.Mark
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 30, 2004
                  Hope you're not suggesting a snooze caused this!

                  I was on a passenger train when I was a kid. My family was going
                  between North Bay and Ottawa Ontario in the middle of the night in CN.
                  We were on the last car of the train and about 0330 had to pull into a
                  siding for a meet with a freight (single track mainline). As the
                  freight passed our marker light was picked off... not sure who was
                  sleeping on the job for that one!

                  Paul :-)

                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 30, 2004
                    According to another group (just a rumor for now) it was told that a
                    train was pulling out from a siding onto #1 main in a east bound. There
                    was a westbound train on #2 main going west. Apparently the train going
                    east had a derailed car coming out of the passing siding and no one knew
                    it. When the car hit the switch,the car was forced into the train that
                    was going by on #2 track.I hope this what happen,than someone missed a
                    signal. I havent heard anything official,but this what was said on
                    another yahoo-group. Mark
                  • Saul Kalbfeld
                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 31, 2004
                      Hey!  Use the West Shore Line as a detour!
                      Saul